Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Meet the Breatharian Who Lives on Energy

kirby de lanerolle breatharian

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,587 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Kirby de Lanerolle is a breatharian who gets his nourishment from light, wind and the “vibrations of God”. He claims to eat regular food as rarely as ten times a year, and is the only known person to have completed a marathon having only consumed water for 3 months.

Many people have died trying to give up food for a breatharian lifestyle, but Kirby de Lanerolle claims he has survived without eating for the last five years.

http://www.odditycen...mes-a-year.html

Posted Image

#2    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,580 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

What a nutcase.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#3    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

My computer won't allow me to look at that page because of 'security issues'.

Breatharianism(what a cumbersome word!) is very interesting to me. Several years ago I began thinking, independently, that it was probably possible to just live off fresh air, sunlight and maybe some water.

I became vegetarian 44years ago, I'm vegan now, so I've already limited the food I eat quite considerably. I'd like to take things a step further but I don't think I'm in quite the right spiritual place yet.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#4    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

that article is not very... critical, to put it mildly. in fact it seems like they didn't question anything at all, just took the whole breatharian thing at face value. for something that is so potentially dangerous, i'd like to see a little more skepticism. or any, really. they just pulled the old "some critics say" move.

#5    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

POPULAR

View Postouija ouija, on 29 June 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Breatharianism(what a cumbersome word!) is very interesting to me. Several years ago I began thinking, independently, that it was probably possible to just live off fresh air, sunlight and maybe some water.

I became vegetarian 44years ago, I'm vegan now, so I've already limited the food I eat quite considerably. I'd like to take things a step further but I don't think I'm in quite the right spiritual place yet.

I'm sorry but if you think that it is "probably possible to just live off fresh air, sunlight and maybe some water" then you have a complete lack of understanding of how the body works. Humans can not do photosynthesis. We get the energy we need to function by eating. Remember the rule of 3:  you cannot survive for more than:
3 minutes without air.
3 days without water.
3 weeks without food.

The person in the article is a liar, no if, ands, or buts about it. And it’s a very easy test to see if he’s being truthful or not, put him in an area where he can be watched 24/7 to see if he eats. My guess is he’ll be so ill after 2 weeks that they would have to stop the test or he’ll die.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#6    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

View PostOdin11, on 29 June 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

I'm sorry but if you think that it is "probably possible to just live off fresh air, sunlight and maybe some water" then you have a complete lack of understanding of how the body works. Humans can not do photosynthesis. We get the energy we need to function by eating. Remember the rule of 3:  you cannot survive for more than:
3 minutes without air.
3 days without water.
3 weeks without food.

The person in the article is a liar, no if, ands, or buts about it. And it’s a very easy test to see if he’s being truthful or not, put him in an area where he can be watched 24/7 to see if he eats. My guess is he’ll be so ill after 2 weeks that they would have to stop the test or he’ll die.

Well your rule of three is completely wrong. I think how long individuals can survive without water and/or food differs greatly from person to person. Other factors would come into play, like the temperature of their surroundings, how much activity they hoped to accomplish etc etc.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#7    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,587 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 29 June 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

More links -

http://newssnip.com/...-in-five-years/

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Posted Image

#8    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 29 June 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

Well your rule of three is completely wrong. I think how long individuals can survive without water and/or food differs greatly from person to person. Other factors would come into play, like the temperature of their surroundings, how much activity they hoped to accomplish etc etc.

It’s not my rule but one used by survivalist. And while the rule of 3 is most often used in extreme situations the rules still apply in everyday life in general. Going without any food for even 2 weeks would leave anyone bedridden no mater what the temperature is or what activity they are doing. The man in the article claims to have not eaten in 5 years, to anyone who understands how the human body works to is an obvious lie, and would still be a lie if he was claiming not to have eaten for a month.

Humans do not get their energy directly from the sun, we get it from the foods we eat, nor can we get the nutrients needed to survive from just water, that is not how our bodies work.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#9    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,557 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

I find it baffling that people would start stripping away things that your body has evolved to need. Food is not a "bad thing".

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#10    HawkLord

HawkLord

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

• I reserve the right to change my mind when better and more accurate info becomes available.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

I call complete bovine fecal matter on this one. Its just not biologically possible.

The rocks in my head fill the holes in yours.

It is easy to spout the wisdom of others when you have none of your own.

Insult me all you like but remember that i have a sword.

#11    kapow53

kapow53

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

• Kapow

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

I am the opposite

#12    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

POPULAR

Wonder how much the dude weighs?  And can a breatharian get fat by hyperventilating?

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#13    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

'Man claims to live on sunlight and air'

1. Man has no knowledge of biology.

2. Man is full of crap.

3. Hopefully man is trying to make money and doesn't really believe this because then I feel sad for man.

Edited by Timonthy, 30 June 2013 - 12:55 PM.

Posted Image

#14    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

What is surprising is the apparent lack of documentaries on the subject. If people were to watch for example In the Beginning there was Light, I'm sure some people would change their minds about breatharianism, or at least become better informed on the subject rather that cry "bullsh!t" or "impossible" straight away. The trick is to find the English subtitles, which is also not impossible, if you're good at using the net. It's like saying with the double slit experiment that it's impossible for the electron to go through both holes and neither at the same time. We should've learnt by now that the universe doesn't know impossible, it's our limited and rigid intellects that,once fixed  in a paradigm, find it hard to be open to new possibilities. Yes, it  was hard for physicists to come to terms with particles being waves at the same time. Common sense says: come on, so what is it then, wave or particle? Can't be both. Oh really. The universe says it can. You've got a problem with that? Guess what? The universe doesn't care. You sort your paradigm problems out and find a brave new world out there, or stay in your paradigm and keep shouting impossible.

Our minds seem to resist change. We would like to be comfortable in a world that is simple. We would like to know that time is absolute. When some scientists proposed as a solution to some disturbing observations that time is relative, they were called nutcases, of course. Guess it's human nature. There will always be the people that will investigate a phenomenon with open mind, and there will be those useless members of society that curl up in their paradigm, close their eyes and keep saying "impossible" like a mantra, not contributing much to progress. If the world was made up of such people only, we would still be living in the dark ages with a heliocentric flat-earth world view. Since everything else is impossible, right? Just because at this moment in time we do not have the knowledge to understand its workings. We've been told about the existence and properties of prana for thousands of years. The knowledge might have survived from a previous advanced civilization, like Atlantis. Yes, the subject has been marginalized in cartoons etc. obviously for a reason, not dissimilar to the UFO issue, where you find official CIA documents giving directions to Disney to marginalize the UFO subject, which they did - little green men.

The existence of Atlantis, with a wealth of details, has been referred to by Edgar Cayce and several others, and then we have a library of channelled materials also talking about Atlantis in great details, as well as the workings of prana, the universal omnipresent energy, the one pyramids were built to focus in the queen's chambers where they performed initiations. Well it's a large subjects, but there is no real audience on these forums. The open-minded people  have already started doing their homework, the rest have already made their minds up that it's all impossible. It's funny though, once it has been scientifically understood, these nay-sayers will be the first ones to start cutting their food bill, of course they would not do a cleansing of the body for spiritual reasons. Like those who are saying zero-point energy is BS will be all to happy to take the devices for free once on the market with the zero-point field being scientifically established. Indeed, hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Edited by Rolci, 30 June 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#15    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Rolci, you lost me at "wealth of information on Atlantis".  Did we finally find it and I missed the press release?

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users