Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

the usa's military's greatest strength is

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

Is also its greatest weakness.  The troops care about what happens to none combatents.  This is its strength because everyone or almost everyone is happy to see them.  It is its greatest weakness because the enemy knows this and can wait until they are busy getting the civilians out of harms way.  Also, in this war were the enemy doesn't wear a uniform, they can blend i n with the civilians.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#2    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

i understand and kinda of agree with your idea. however what are your main objectives in this topic highlighting such an obvious Strength/weakness? Basically i fail to see the point of the topic.

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#3    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,625 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

View Postdanielost, on 30 June 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

Is also its greatest weakness.  The troops care about what happens to none combatents.  This is its strength because everyone or almost everyone is happy to see them.  It is its greatest weakness because the enemy knows this and can wait until they are busy getting the civilians out of harms way.  Also, in this war were the enemy doesn't wear a uniform, they can blend i n with the civilians.
Where do you get the idea that only American soldiers are like that, or the idea that all American soldiers are?  Plenty of Americans have committed plenty of atrocities and plenty of non-Americans have been just as concerned.  This seems a particularly chauvinistic and peculiar view of the world.

#4    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

This is not entirely true, the military doesn't necessarily care enough of non-combatants to break prior engagements, just to save them. The only reason it comes off as our military caring too much is because we are not at war with a country, just a group of people within a country. So we technically can't harm others just to end the group we're after because that would enact a war against that country. Also a part of removing that group is showing the rest of the people within that country that the group is detrimental to their personal lives..

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that our military does seem to care more than others about non-combatants, it's just not to the extent of which it might currently seem.

Edited by xFelix, 30 June 2013 - 03:14 AM.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#5    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 June 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

Where do you get the idea that only American soldiers are like that, or the idea that all American soldiers are?  Plenty of Americans have committed plenty of atrocities and plenty of non-Americans have been just as concerned.  This seems a particularly chauvinistic and peculiar view of the world.

i agree that many countries armys will have a this feeling, i also know a few people in the army who have openly admired there in there for the experience and the money, nothing more.

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#6    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

The enemy that we are fighting right now could care less about people or property.  They just want to be killed so they can get their seventy two virgins.

The germans and japanees also shared this view during ww2.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#7    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,901 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

You say that, yet it were the US Americans who established the term "colleteral damage" (not by the troops itself, I am aware of that.).

View Postdanielost, on 30 June 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

The enemy that we are fighting right now could care less about people or property.  They just want to be killed so they can get their seventy two virgins.

Wait, what? The Japanese and us shared the view of 72 virgins in paradise?

#8    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,308 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

The Japanese beloved in honouring the Emperor and that a true worrier never surrendered. German soldiers where just soldiers, it was the SS that where fanatical.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#9    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,611 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

If we end up losing the war let us see how history labels us.

What Hitler wanted to do and failed, take living space from Slavs in the East to create farms for his people to live on, is exactly what Americans did to the natives and are called heroes for it.

Unsure if the view presented in the quote above is accurate. How many who oppose us do so only because we dropped bombs on their village? Surely some who oppose us are not fanatical or believe in celestial virgins. Imagine their view of us and how off base that is too. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth but it won't be found among those calling their enemies Huns or terrorists or whatever label is en vogue.

#10    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

I do not consider all of the people invoveled in the indian wars heros.  Custer was not a hero in the west.  He was in the civil war.

But both sides in the indian wars were commitingnwhat we would call war crimes.

During that time period you had to follow orders no matter what.  Today, the troops only have to follow lawful orders.

#11    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,308 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Daniel the problem is that a lot of green troops are afraid or unwilling to question orders from their senior nco's and officers.

It usually comes with experience that troops are willin to.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#12    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,208 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostThanato, on 30 June 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

Daniel the problem is that a lot of green troops are afraid or unwilling to question orders from their senior nco's and officers.

It usually comes with experience that troops are willin to.

Most are not only inexperienced, they are more afraid of their First Sargent than of the law or the enemy.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#13    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,833 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

I have a hard time believing that Mohammed Atta and his gang were hoping to get 72 virgins for allegedly flying jets into the twin towers on 911.  They frequented strip bars and he had a white blonde haired blue eyed girlfriend.... not exactly following a strict version of Islam.  I wonder what he was truely thinking seconds before his jet slammed into WTC 1?

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#14    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,424 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

The greatest assett the US military has is the individual soldier. The most detracting feature of the US military and the ugliest thing about the military are the US Generals.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#15    pbarosso

pbarosso

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

No. The greatest weakness is the politicians.  The generals would win the war in two weeks and get the jobs done. Collateral damage and civ casualties happen in war. They have always happened.

@the world needs you, you are off base. Indians wanted guns and horses and wespons to destroy their neighbors. They had no might to back up their claim to the land so they lost it. It happens to bears, wolves, and all other animals. Those with the power win over. Otherwise the weak would survive....kind of like what is happening in first world countries today...the weak survive and that is what is naking ys weaker, unless cheap and abundant cannon fodder is a resource. ...

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users