Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 2 votes

400 US Troops to Egypt?


  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16    DeWitz

DeWitz

    DeWitz

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • Joined:11 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Niagara Frontier

  • "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 30 June 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

The US is pledged to support those fighting for Freedom and Democracy and overthrowing Tyrants.


Unless the US colluded in putting the Tyrants in place, of course. Then it's different.

The people of  Mexico, Guatemala, the Dominican Republic, Chile, Panama, Nicaragua and El Salvador undoubtedly agree with you (and thats' just one hemisphere!) Sadly, I can't remember the last time the US supported those fighting for Freedom and Democracy. Was it when Reagan armed the Afghani 'mujahedeen' (later the Taliban) and called them "the equivalent of our Founding Fathers?"  Or was it Bush's 'nation-building' project in Iraq (a policy he campaigned against in 2000) which necessitated destroying that nation's infrastructure, abolishing its security forces and tipping it into Iran's orbit? Or is it Obama's flaccid attempts to steer a centrist course in the Middle Eastern and North African 'Arab Springs,' encouraging extremists as a result?

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#17    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

Posted Image

I think the banner sums it all very well! :D


#18    danielost

danielost

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 31,828 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the only known inhabited planet in the universe

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:13 AM

Unfortinatly the last war will put us against egypt russia and china, with isreal and maybe england on our side.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#19    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 9,145 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

View Postand then, on 30 June 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

http://frontpagemag....ith-u-s-troops/

Has anyone else seen this?  IF true it is unconscionable.... Now we're actually going to be allied with putting down a "people's" revolt?  What in the HELL are we doing?  :no: :hmm:

Don't worry, one of our resident zealots will be around to explain how the lord Obama is fixing the world.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

"There is no difference between Communism and Socialism, except in the same ultimate end:  Communism proposes to enslave men by force, Socialism-by the vote.  It is merely the difference between murder and suicide."  - Ayn Rand

#20    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined:20 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC

  • To deny another man's humanity is to deny your own.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

View Postand then, on 30 June 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

http://frontpagemag....ith-u-s-troops/

Has anyone else seen this?  IF true it is unconscionable.... Now we're actually going to be allied with putting down a "people's" revolt?  What in the HELL are we doing?  :no: :hmm:

What in the HELL are we doing? Well here's the best answer to your question:


Though I am not privy to any special information on the political calculations of Washington, it sure seems like we are following the script set down by the neocons (Kristol, Wolfowitz, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Abrams, et al.) that years ago infiltrated the US military-political complex. This is the "Might is right" crowd who believe in exercising US power proactively to knock down the dominos of all Middle Eastern countries Israel feels threatened by, with the end goal of remaking the Middle East as a region dominated by friendly democracies (or, in the case of Saudi Arabia, friendly dictatorships). Failing functioning democracies, turning the outcast countries into failed states that pose no real threat to US or Israeli interests in the area also works.

http://www.caseyrese...rong-with-obama


#21    danielost

danielost

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 31,828 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the only known inhabited planet in the universe

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

View PostMerc14, on 01 July 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:



Don't worry, one of our resident zealots will be around to explain how the lord Obama is fixing the world.
Looks like its bushes fault.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#22    acidhead

acidhead

    GOV Debt Slave

  • Member
  • 11,929 posts
  • Joined:13 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Victoria, BC CANADA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

Do not engage in foreign entanglements.... the USA has absolutely no business there just as much as any other foreign country..  A free society isnt supposed to interfere with another sovereign nations affairs.

Edited by acidhead, 01 July 2013 - 02:20 AM.



"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#23    DeWitz

DeWitz

    DeWitz

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • Joined:11 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Niagara Frontier

  • "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

View Postdanielost, on 01 July 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Unfortinatly the last war will put us against egypt russia and china, with isreal and maybe england on our side.

From what font of wisdom do you derive your prophecies? Hal Lindsey? Jerry Jenkins? The Angel Moroni? Marvel or DC comics? As usual, I'm asking: What's your evidence? What are your sources? Maybe my question should be: Why am I asking?

Edited by szentgyorgy, 01 July 2013 - 03:11 AM.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#24    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

    A complete moral vacuum

  • Member
  • 30,161 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Garmisch-Partenkirchen

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

View Postdanielost, on 01 July 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Unfortinatly the last war will put us against egypt russia and china, with isreal and maybe england on our side.
Not Scotland then? Do you presume thaty it'll be independent by then, and declare neutrality?

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.


#25    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 17,137 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

View Postacidhead, on 01 July 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

Do not engage in foreign entanglements.... the USA has absolutely no business there just as much as any other foreign country..  A free society isnt supposed to interfere with another sovereign nations affairs.
I think you still live in the seventeenth century.  That dogma (no interference in the internal affairs of another state) would have allowed Hitler and Tojo to run rampant until it was too late for the West, and who knows what Stalin might have achieved.

If one has both (repeat, both) the ability and the opportunity to prevent an evil, one has the moral obligation to do so.  The hard part here is determining what is evil and what isn't.


#26    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 17,137 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 01 July 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

Not Scotland then? Do you presume thaty it'll be independent by then, and declare neutrality?
I guess Wales and N Ireland will be independent by then too.  Do you suppose he doesn't understand the UK or should we be generous and figure he uses "England" as shorthand for the entire thing.

By the way, what happens to the Union Jack if Scotland leaves the UK?


#27    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

    hi

  • Member
  • 9,304 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 01 July 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

I guess Wales and N Ireland will be independent by then too.  Do you suppose he doesn't understand the UK or should we be generous and figure he uses "England" as shorthand for the entire thing.

By the way, what happens to the Union Jack if Scotland leaves the UK?
It would be the same I think.

Anyway alot of people are missing the point, they are there for protecting American Personal just in case the Embassy gets attacked


#28    danielost

danielost

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 31,828 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the only known inhabited planet in the universe

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

Ok I forgot there are three names to consider when talking about england, I assume that britain and great britian will do what ever england does.

I get my info from revelations.  It talks about isreal being attacked by the bear, the lion and the dragon and being defended from the west.  The usa is the only countrt that has a big enough military to make a difference in such an attack in the west.  Also, I don't know why, but the passage has always seemed to include england as a maybe.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#29    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 15,248 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 01 July 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

I think you still live in the seventeenth century.  That dogma (no interference in the internal affairs of another state) would have allowed Hitler and Tojo to run rampant until it was too late for the West, and who knows what Stalin might have achieved.

If one has both (repeat, both) the ability and the opportunity to prevent an evil, one has the moral obligation to do so.  The hard part here is determining what is evil and what isn't.
Pearl Harbor wasn't the internal affairs of another state, and that's also exactly how long we waited so your reply is just ignorant statism as usual.   There's good and evil in everyone.  Stop coloring the world in stupid black and white and understand the only difference is between living free and living under someone else's control.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#30    danielost

danielost

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 31,828 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the only known inhabited planet in the universe

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 01 July 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:



The people of  Mexico, Guatemala, the Dominican Republic, Chile, Panama, Nicaragua and El Salvador undoubtedly agree with you (and thats' just one hemisphere!) Sadly, I can't remember the last time the US supported those fighting for Freedom and Democracy. Was it when Reagan armed the Afghani 'mujahedeen' (later the Taliban) and called them "the equivalent of our Founding Fathers?"  Or was it Bush's 'nation-building' project in Iraq (a policy he campaigned against in 2000) which necessitated destroying that nation's infrastructure, abolishing its security forces and tipping it into Iran's orbit? Or is it Obama's flaccid attempts to steer a centrist course in the Middle Eastern and North African 'Arab Springs,' encouraging extremists as a result?


When reagon armed them, they were freedom fighters and so was castro.  Butbas I often said a dictator is usually followed by a dictator.  In fact, the only case I can think of where it wasn't is the usa.


I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users