Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

400 US Troops to Egypt?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,117 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

Obama as a former muslim would never support a over throw of a islamit nation.Wish we had a old fashion president that would support those freedoms the egyptians people so desperatley want as in our past history  :(  freedom of religious domination.

Edited by docyabut2, 03 July 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#32    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostYamato, on 03 July 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

Pearl Harbor wasn't the internal affairs of another state, and that's also exactly how long we waited so your reply is just ignorant statism as usual.   There's good and evil in everyone.  Stop coloring the world in stupid black and white and understand the only difference is between living free and living under someone else's control.
You tell me I color the world in stupid black and white.  You know, I rather have that impression of you.

#33    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 01 July 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

It would be the same I think.

Anyway alot of people are missing the point, they are there for protecting American Personal just in case the Embassy gets attacked
You are of course right, but it seems to me putting troops in like that is just inviting an attack.  If the Embassy is in such danger they should evacuate it.

#34    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,900 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

The embasy was over run last september 11.  I think that this is a none issue.  Because, I haven't heard anything about it on fox.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#35    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,740 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostYamato, on 03 July 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

Pearl Harbor wasn't the internal affairs of another state, and that's also exactly how long we waited so your reply is just ignorant statism as usual. There's good and evil in everyone. Stop coloring the world in stupid black and white and understand the only difference is between living free and living under someone else's control.
there seems something of an irony there. isn't seeing things as purely a choice between living Free (pauses to salute Stars & Stripes) and under someone else's control rather looking at things in black and white? Does the doctrine of good & evil in everyone also apply to, say, Israel ... ?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#36    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,900 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

I don't think there is an between in living free or being under somebodies control.  After all that is why the pilgrams came to america.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#37    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,740 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

View Postdanielost, on 03 July 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

I don't think there is an between in living free or being under somebodies control. After all that is why the pilgrams came to america.
The Pilgrim fathers wanted a kingdom based on the rule of God, did they not?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#38    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,900 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 July 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

The Pilgrim fathers wanted a kingdom based on the rule of God, did they not?

No, they wanted a kingdom based on their idea of the rule of god.  In england they had to join the english church, according to the rule of the king.

#39    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,740 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

View Postdanielost, on 03 July 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

No, they wanted a kingdom based on their idea of the rule of god.  In england they had to join the english church, according to the rule of the king.
yes, their idea of the rule of God. And anyone who disagreed would be treated in much the same way as they felt that they had been.
That's always the trouble with "freedom". Whenever people get power, they always tend to want to impose their idea of freedom on everyone.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#40    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,900 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 July 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

yes, their idea of the rule of God. And anyone who disagreed would be treated in much the same way as they felt that they had been.
That's always the trouble with "freedom". Whenever people get power, they always tend to want to impose their idea of freedom on everyone.

This is true also.  Rhode island was the only colony based on freedom religon.

#41    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 01 July 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

I think the banner sums it all very well! :D

Made my morning - it's clever, it gets the point across...love it :yes:

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#42    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,201 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 03 July 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

Made my morning - it's clever, it gets the point across...love it :yes:
M-T is known for such posts :)  IMO one of the best posters here.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#43    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

So Mosry is out, the Egyptian military is in control, and mass anti-government protesters are setting off fireworks. So where are these US troops out to crush the protests? Hmmm?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#44    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,740 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Yes, whoever should mr. O support? it's a tricky one, isn't it. I wonder if he's beginning to wonder why he wanted this job.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#45    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,956 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 July 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Yes, whoever should mr. O support? it's a tricky one, isn't it. I wonder if he's beginning to wonder why he wanted this job.
Well the Egyptian armed Forces has alot of backing from the US

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users