Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can we make ourselves happier?

world happiness database happier

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,354 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 30 June 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

sometimes family can be your main source of unhappiness

Boy howdy, they can be a piece of work. I have friends who where abused by their parents.  I tell them and smile, you get to pick their nursing home. I have been in rehab and it's its own kind of hell.
One of my friends has done very well to over come it, but you know, I can see it in his eyes and he is 45. I'll tell you it breaks my heart, same look as people who went through a bad  war.

Not everybody in the world can be happy, stuff happens and sometimes nothing can be done. Happiness doesn't march in on silver platter. You have to make best of your situation.   You have to, in the end, create your own happiness.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#17    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,315 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

At this point in my life, I am happiest when I am working on a simple home improvement project by myself with peace and quiet.

View Postspartan max2, on 30 June 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

And an interesting thing the article said is that people who are  actively engaged in politics tend to be happier. I can actually see that being true lol :yes:

Politics is almost the most depressing subject in the world to me.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#18    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 3,105 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 01 July 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

At this point in my life, I am happiest when I am working on a simple home improvement project by myself with peace and quiet.

Politics is almost the most depressing subject in the world to me.

yeah it gets pretty stressfull, but i think it does keep you kind of happy because it keeps your mind occupied and gives you a sense of purpose. but idk

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#19    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 30 June 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

Boy howdy, they can be a piece of work. I have friends who where abused by their parents.  I tell them and smile, you get to pick their nursing home. I have been in rehab and it's its own kind of hell.
One of my friends has done very well to over come it, but you know, I can see it in his eyes and he is 45. I'll tell you it breaks my heart, same look as people who went through a bad  war.

Not everybody in the world can be happy, stuff happens and sometimes nothing can be done. Happiness doesn't march in on silver platter. You have to make best of your situation.   You have to, in the end, create your own happiness.
Oh I know, I can't stand my moms husband, literally everything the guy does irritated the crap out of me, I remember when I use to have to stay in the hospital it was a relief because I got a break from the crap he gives off. It's like a bad vibe.  Now since I moved out of my moms place it's easier for me because he's not even a thought in my mind. But he's just an A- HOLE.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#20    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

Feel excited about what will be here tomorrow and you will feel happy.

Yes, goals can make you have IF you keep focusing on unhappy you are that you didn't get what you want yet.

If you focus on attainable goals and feel the excitement of getting closer, then you can be happy in the excitement of it.

Edited by Arpee, 01 July 2013 - 01:55 AM.

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:7-8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users