Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

School classes suspended over ‘evil spirits'

julie esparagoza isaac lopez school evil spirits

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,281 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

Classes were suspended Thursday at Isaac Lopez Integrated School in Mandaluyong City after around 20 students aged between 12 and 16 started acting strangely—screaming, crying, fainting and convulsing—prompting claims that they were possessed by evil spirits.

Julie Esparagoza, a Grade 8 teacher at the public school, said the incident started shortly after 9 a.m. and initially involved two girls from her section.

She said that she and her students were in a classroom when one of the girls suddenly stood up and began acting strangely while the other lost consciousness.

http://newsinfo.inqu...er-evil-spirits

Posted Image

#2    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

There's a lot of it about.

The church worker said that several balete trees were cut down at the school only recently to give way to the construction of a covered court. This may have angered some spirits, the worker added.
Or angered a flesh and blood crytpid imo. The LB's live in trees as well as underground recesses etc.

Posted Image

Although it could be the others..

Edited by RingFenceTheCity, 30 June 2013 - 09:21 PM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#3    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,936 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

Ya know when I was in school, we didn't do the mass hysteria thing to get classes canceled. That just got you sent to the office- principal or nurse.

#4    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,716 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

I guess nobody thought to check for some kind of gas, the water or what they had for lunch. If that happen here in the States they would close the school until they figured out what happen.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,774 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

View Postrashore, on 30 June 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Ya know when I was in school, we didn't do the mass hysteria thing to get classes canceled. That just got you sent to the office- principal or nurse.
In the early 70's in the south it was a quick call in of a bomb threat - school's out!  :)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

Maybe by cutting down the trees they disturbed one or more spirits.  Then when they had the seance it gave the spirits even more strength.   It could of been an elaborate hoax just to get out of school too.  I see both as possible.

#7    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostHilander, on 30 June 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

Maybe by cutting down the trees they disturbed one or more spirits.  Then when they had the seance it gave the spirits even more strength.   It could of been an elaborate hoax just to get out of school too.  I see both as possible.
i agree

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#8    Cynical Sounds

Cynical Sounds

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

• "Do you have any evidence for that?"

"there's more to life than evidence. "

......"Get in the ****ing sack"

Dara O'Brien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

I would guess the kids were faking it or another case of mass hysteria in school kids

I Don't Know Does Not Mean You're Right

#9    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

mass hysteria is a terrible force

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#10    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

• Our differences make us who we are.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

hmmm This is the second incident Ive seen, though Im sure there is more. Hu, Well I guess I was right when I said in these next three months there will be a lot of Paranormal activity. I didn't think it would be quite like this.

#11    third_eye

third_eye

¤_Ě M ă Ġ î ń Ć Ř Ī ü Ş_ ¤

• 7,522 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

I have personal experience of such mass hysteria in school and its hard to believe it to be hoaxes ... things I've seen ... the human mind is very fragile when open in certain circumstances , maybe that's why it is taught to be closed just to be safe, but a close mind brings with it more complications ...

At the time one of the girls seemingly under a trance just straight out told one of the teachers that his parent will die before the day is out and it turned out true ...

The common thing I see here is there were construction done to a part of the old school where I was ... made national headlines too then , strange to remember now.

Whenever we do construction work here on untouched land ... we still do the whole ritual thing according to known rites of the major religions, and more sometimes, just to be safe ...

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#12    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 01 July 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

I have personal experience ..

The common thing I see here is there were construction done to a part of the old school where I was ... made national headlines too then , strange to remember now.

Whenever we do construction work here on untouched land ... we still do the whole ritual thing according to known rites of the major religions, and more sometimes, just to be safe ...
Yes, I think you're on to something here third-eye. It's a shame the west has lost this kind of tradition.

The electricity board is cutting down swathes of trees beside powerlines. They have changed from a 2yr prune policy to a 15 year policy. Huge mature tress are marked for felling where I volunteered in Cornwall. I fear that the same retributions will occur here in the UK too.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#13    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 01 July 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

At the time one of the girls seemingly under a trance just straight out told one of the teachers that his parent will die before the day is out and it turned out true ...

How did she kill him?

#14    SewerRat

SewerRat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

I've been sent home once or twice through the effects of spirits, but it was mainly gin and vodka. As for cutting down trees and visiting graveyards, do grow up. This is 2013. Instead of encouraging those kids' superstitious hysteria by taking them to church, they should have given them all a detention writing lines: I must not imitate Linda Blair ever again.

#15    IronAlchemist

IronAlchemist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

What. This seems like a normal teen setup to me. And Iv'e never heard a cop say that sort of stuff. Ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users