Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Armory apparitions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,091 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

http://www.registerg...armory.html.csp

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#2    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

And we laugh at the yellow tabloid journalim of the late 1900s because today's journalists are such professionals.

Not only is this story in the "news" section, there's also not a single mention of other explanations for such orbs.  Neither is there any mention of any evidence that points to any connection between aledged ghosts and these orbs.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#3    horrorpopper

horrorpopper

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

I, for one, am sick of hearing about orbs. It's pretty clear that there's nothing paranormal about them, yet just about every paranormal research I've come across cites orbs as proof of a haunting.

So let me get this straight. You wanna fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're all completely sane? - Rimmer, Red dwarf

#4    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

Not  for me! As far as I'm concerned, it's not a ghost if:

it's an orb.

it's ectoplasm.

it's a reflection in A ) a mirror

B ) a glass pane such as a window or picture frame

or C ) any tangled mess or brush, branches, vines, or trees

it's blurry.

it can't be verified. No matter how scared you were, how exciting the experience, how convincing the evidence, if someone else isn't there to be the control and verify what you saw/heard/experienced, then it's just a personal experience.

I personally have had a couple of personal experiences, but was anyone there? No. So they're just that, personal experiences that are also good stories.

Edited by rodentraiser, 05 July 2013 - 11:10 PM.

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users