Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Croatia becomes 28th EU member

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#196    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 25,687 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

Aw, there’s my little hypocrite troll of Byzantine proportions, begging for more.
Here it comes.

For starts, cooperative Serbia and the B&H entity they claim (as one of last parts of Greater Serbian project still remotely possible in their delusional minds) will have to find a way to take this kind of their understanding of human rights into EU:  

http://danas.net.hr/...ajke-srebrenice

Women of Srebrenica wanted to place flowers at two killing fields, commemorating the massacre.  (Massacre of 8,000 Bosniaks, committed by Serbian paramilitary forces, better known as chetniks, who were directly supported, coordinated and supplied by JNA, former Yugoslavian army, controlled illegally by Serbian leadership.)
These women with flowers in their hands were stopped by Bosnian Serb police forces and wire fence.
Because this is how you keep human rights intact, this is how you cooperate with surviving neighbours whose husbands and sons you genocided? Apparently.

Women of Srebrenica could not be stopped, they cut the wire and pushed their way to the places where they placed flowers as they planned and announced.
Several unarmed women were injured and Hatidža Mehmedović was beaten by Serbian police.  

Why they, unarmed women, were denied announced, peaceful entrance to the killing sites? Who authorized Bosnian Serb police to beat women who wanted to place flowers at the sites where their men were executed?

18 years after Serbrenica massacre, but only few days after judge Meron – the man whose rulings saved my sanity – overturned the shameful ICTY ruling according to which Karadžić was not guilty of genocide.

All Karadžić talked about was genocide, all his ghouls were doing was attempted genocide and now they get to stop their victims from placing flowers and on top of it all, lecture people on the Internet about human rights?

Princess, you better take that tiara off for a while, it apparently does funny things to the blood flow to your brain.

Edited by Helen of Annoy, 13 July 2013 - 04:26 PM.

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#197    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 25,687 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

By the way, the exhumations and identification of Srebrenica victims still goes on.

409 more identified bodies were given decent burial last Friday. The youngest was newborn baby of Muhić family, so newborn it wasn't named yet, the oldest Edhem Rahmanović, born in 1919. 44 were boys under 18 years of age.

Survivors – and each survival was an outright miracle – testify of men surrendering to Serbs only to receive a bullet in the head or have their throats cut.

More about human rights a la Serbs:

http://danas.net.hr/...publici-srpskoj

Nikola Lipovac, 74 years old, Bosnian Croat povratnik (refugee who returned home) murdered in his home near Brod in “Republika Srpska” (Serbian entity within Bosnia and Herzegovina).
He was found dead with stab wound in his neck made by a sharp object, probably a knife. His modest car was found burned in another village.

Entity police immediately concluded it was robbery. Surprisingly, with all that EU enthusiasm you’d expect they’d wish to get rid of throat-cutters from the 1990s. But noooo, they are just robbers accidentally cutting Croat throats.

Back to Europe.

In Trpinja, village in Croatia, 12 members of former “teritorijalna odbrana” (territorial defence – paramilitary, meaning chetniks) and “milicija” (police – loyal to Serbia, therefore on the wrong side of the border, meaning chetniks) were brought to justice. 3 more were charged, but for undisclosed reason they were not arrested. I guess they were on vacation in Serbia. Or on the island of Corfu (to jest Krf, za susjede).

http://www.index.hr/...lje/688647.aspx

They are suspects in murders of 12 civilians and 60 prisoners of war, including the wounded. They are also charged with other war crimes ranging from illegal arrests to rape.

All these years these people – still not proven guilty, but this is tiny land and everyone knows everything – were living in their homes, right next to the graves of their victims.

This is another form of Croatian help on neighbours' way to civilization. Should have happened years ago, but what can you do, politics is politics and "better late than never" as we say...

Edited by Helen of Annoy, 13 July 2013 - 05:33 PM.

Posted Image

#198    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 3,195 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

View Postthe L, on 11 July 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

Sadly I think that Bosnia in these borders dont have future.
I think that Republika Srpska will be compesation for Kosovo.
Do not be sad. Not gonna happen for a number of reasons, like what has kosovo to do with bosnia?
But the most stadfast reason is, as we pointed out earlier already, this is not 1992. Back then we did not have weapons, army, support. We did not have a strong diaspora, no influence in other governments, we were unknown. Today? Enough weapons and our own army to defend our children, mothers, country. Our diaspora is huge with many influental bosnians all over the world.
That is only a part of it. We managed to survive then without anything, we will keep what is ours whit what we have now. So, again, do not worry about bosnia, just stay out if it starts again.

#199    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 3,195 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 13 July 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

By the way, the exhumations and identification of Srebrenica victims still goes on.

409 more identified bodies were given decent burial last Friday. The youngest was newborn baby of Muhić family, so newborn it wasn't named yet, the oldest Edhem Rahmanović, born in 1919. 44 were boys under 18 years of age.

Survivors – and each survival was an outright miracle – testify of men surrendering to Serbs only to receive a bullet in the head or have their throats cut.

Nikola Lipovac, 74 years old, Bosnian Croat povratnik (refugee who returned home) murdered in his home near Brod in “Republika Srpska” (Serbian entity within Bosnia and Herzegovina).
He was found dead with stab wound in his neck made by a sharp object, probably a knife. His modest car was found burned in another village.

Entity police immediately concluded it was robbery. Surprisingly, with all that EU enthusiasm you’d expect they’d wish to get rid of throat-cutters from the 1990s. But noooo, they are just robbers accidentally cutting Croat throats.

Back to Europe.

In Trpinja, village in Croatia, 12 members of former “teritorijalna odbrana” (territorial defence – paramilitary, meaning chetniks) and “milicija” (police – loyal to Serbia, therefore on the wrong side of the border, meaning chetniks) were brought to justice. 3 more were charged, but for undisclosed reason they were not arrested. I guess they were on vacation in Serbia. Or on the island of Corfu (to jest Krf, za susjede).

They are suspects in murders of 12 civilians and 60 prisoners of war, including the wounded. They are also charged with other war crimes ranging from illegal arrests to rape.

All these years these people – still not proven guilty, but this is tiny land and everyone knows everything – were living in their homes, right next to the graves of their victims.

This is another form of Croatian help on neighbours' way to civilization. Should have happened years ago, but what can you do, politics is politics and "better late than never" as we say...
I was looking at serbisn newspapers and they have not mentioned the anniversary, yet again.
But, we do have a lot support from serbs from belgrade, novi sad, from ordinary serbs who are now aware of the genocide their politicians and army have done.
The women in black, a womens organisation from belgrade is staging a vigil every year for the victims of bosnia. We all can live again like neighbours, friends. They are the prove. But serbia has to change their behaviour towards the neighboruring countries. If the dont, then, instead  bosnia giving up lands to them, they will keep on loosing theirs, inch by inch.
I know still many serbs, educated, civilized, who want better for their family, country, but, if you still live in 1389, you will not succeed.

I still wish all the best upon croatia, bosnia and serbia. But one of them has to stop believing in their own lies. Hint, it is not croatia, it is not bosnia.

#200    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 3,195 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 13 July 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Back to Europe.

I was looking at serbisn newspapers and they have not mentioned the anniversary, yet again.
But, we do have a lot support from serbs from belgrade, novi sad, from ordinary serbs who are now aware of the genocide their politicians and army have done.
The women in black, a womens organisation from belgrade is staging a vigil every year for the victims of bosnia. We all can live again like neighbours, friends. They are the prove. But serbia has to change their behaviour towards the neighboruring countries. If the dont, then, instead  bosnia giving up lands to them, they will keep on loosing theirs, inch by inch.
I know still many serbs, educated, civilized, who want better for their family, country, but, if you still live in 1389, you will not succeed.

I still wish all the best upon croatia, bosnia and serbia. But one of them has to stop believing in their own lies. Hint, it is not croatia, it is not bosnia.

#201    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 25,687 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

View Postodas, on 13 July 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

I'm signing this post.

It takes time for the air in the room to clear, but the windows are opened and there’s quite nice draught (draft in case there’s an American lost in this thread).
I’m quite sure I saw Tuđman’s napkin flying out the window :lol: (The proverbial napkin with map of divided B&H sketched on it, again in case a foreigner is lost in this thread.)

The future will keep being interesting for all of us, even surprising, the recent seemingly little events made me certain of that. It was about time.

Posted Image

#202    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

http://www.croatia.eu/

Here is good site. Short on time. Will respond later on some posts.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#203    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,275 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 13 July 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

It takes time for the air in the room to clear, but the windows are opened and there’s quite nice draught (draft in case there’s an American lost in this thread).
Hey, I resemble that remark.... LOL

I remember the 90's all to well. It was quite painfull to sit back and watch it all unfold and not be able to do squat about it. In the end though, Clinton supported operation Storm, and it was a good day when all of Croatia's land that was lost was recovered. My heart was glad that justice had been served. America is like any other country I guess, we have our good qualities and our bad. But even in your darkest hour, let it be known you were in our thoughts and prayers and we were with you all the time even though the UN had our hands tied. It was very frustrating. Good news is it's over now and time to move forward. Congradulations Croatia!!!

Posted Image

#204    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 25,687 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostStardrive, on 24 July 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Hey, I resemble that remark.... LOL
I see what you did there :D

I remember the 90's all to well. It was quite painfull to sit back and watch it all unfold and not be able to do squat about it. In the end though, Clinton supported operation Storm, and it was a good day when all of Croatia's land that was lost was recovered. My heart was glad that justice had been served. America is like any other country I guess, we have our good qualities and our bad. But even in your darkest hour, let it be known you were in our thoughts and prayers and we were with you all the time even though the UN had our hands tied. It was very frustrating. Good news is it's over now and time to move forward. Congradulations Croatia!!!
I believe you’re right, any country has good and bad qualities. US role in ending the war in Croatia was crucial and positive. That’s why I’m frustrated today when any US involvement is automatically demonised. Without US, wars in Croatia and Bosnia would still drag on and certainly another would (fully) break out in Kosovo.

Thank you for your kindness and prayers.  They worked! :yes:

(I can't believe we're officially Europe again... it seemed impossible for so long time.)

Posted Image

#205    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 3,195 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hello Stardrive. Glad to see a post from you again. Hope you are well.

As I said before, without the US who knows what could be today. Maybe a greater serbia with croats and bosnians as slaves, at least the one still alive.
I always stand with USA even though I critisize them sometimes. Having traveled much of east US down to the south I know it is the greatest country. In retrospect I should have immigrated there instead of Canada.
Unlike the media reports, I know that americans are accros the board very wellcoming people.

#206    MyInnerShadow

MyInnerShadow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• This too shall pass.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

If joining the EU is what the Croatian people want, then I wish them all the best in that, so congratulations to Croatia!  Personally I think there is a lot of reforming that needs doing with the EU, but I am not in favour of us in the UK just leaving it; I'd rather we saw more co-operation with the other European leaders to try to improve the EU, and try to make it less bureaucratic, more efficient and more accountable.

#207    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,275 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hello Odas! Good to see you again. Hope all is well with you and your family.

To put things in perspective, America is very large with alot of natural resources and manpower (and womanpower). But because of this the goods and the bads are more pronounced. I know that's a simplified answer, but it's the best my brain can do at the moment.  I could go into full-bore rant about the bad things myself. But that's another thread. Next time you come through Virginia let me know. We'll get together and I'll give you the grand tour, share some suds, and talk about everyone on here LOL.

Trust me, when all of that was going down in the Balkans back in the 90's we were all mad as a wet hornet. It took awhile to figure out how circumvent the UN arms embargo, and it was good day when we did figure out how.

It was a complex situation because the former Yugoslavia was a member of the Warsaw Pact. The Russians had good historical reasons to create the Warsaw Pact. They wanted create a buffer zone between them and the west because of all the wars western Eurpoean nations had waged against them in the past. In light of the brutality of the last attack on them by Hitler, and suffering more human casualties than any other country involved in the conflict, industry in ruins, I can't much blame them for creating the Warsaw Pact buffer zone, also known as the Iron Curtain. In Russia's defense, they probaby didn't directly involve themselves in the Balkans conflict because, at the time, they had problems at home to tend to. And "you know who" took full advantage of that. No, I don't even want to speak that country's name because  as far as I'm concerned it's not worthy of any kind of recognition.

Anyway, do you think BH will ever join the EU? Is that a possibility?

Posted Image

#208    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostStardrive, on 25 July 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

To put things in perspective, America is very large with alot of natural resources and manpower (and womanpower). But because of this the goods and the bads are more pronounced.

Economiclly speaking USA is in decline.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#209    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 3,195 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostStardrive, on 25 July 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Hello Odas! Good to see you again. Hope all is well with you and your family.

To put things in perspective, America is very large with alot of natural resources and manpower (and womanpower). But because of this the goods and the bads are more pronounced. I know that's a simplified answer, but it's the best my brain can do at the moment.  I could go into full-bore rant about the bad things myself. But that's another thread. Next time you come through Virginia let me know. We'll get together and I'll give you the grand tour, share some suds, and talk about everyone on here LOL.

Trust me, when all of that was going down in the Balkans back in the 90's we were all mad as a wet hornet. It took awhile to figure out how circumvent the UN arms embargo, and it was good day when we did figure out how.

It was a complex situation because the former Yugoslavia was a member of the Warsaw Pact. The Russians had good historical reasons to create the Warsaw Pact. They wanted create a buffer zone between them and the west because of all the wars western Eurpoean nations had waged against them in the past. In light of the brutality of the last attack on them by Hitler, and suffering more human casualties than any other country involved in the conflict, industry in ruins, I can't much blame them for creating the Warsaw Pact buffer zone, also known as the Iron Curtain. In Russia's defense, they probaby didn't directly involve themselves in the Balkans conflict because, at the time, they had problems at home to tend to. And "you know who" took full advantage of that. No, I don't even want to speak that country's name because  as far as I'm concerned it's not worthy of any kind of recognition.

Anyway, do you think BH will ever join the EU? Is that a possibility?
Not in the near future. There has to be a new dayton of some sort the clear some things up. The  BH administration is huge and not sustainable. Three presidents, each if them three assistence, each of them three cleaning ladies and so on. Then you have the presidents of each the entities. It is a mess. The serbian entity is doing everything posible to prevent BH to function as a country. They have some help from some croats but I do not worry about it since it is only on part of croats and having now croatia in the eu is a plus for BH.
When serbia joins then it will be an easier way for us to get the country in order.
But, like with everything on the balkans, things can change overnight, one never knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users