Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Putin signs anti-gay measures into law

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

http://news.yahoo.co...-143134967.html

The ban on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations" is part of an effort to promote traditional Russian values over Western liberalism, which the Kremlin and the Russian Orthodox Church see as corrupting Russian youth and contributing to the protests against Putin's rule.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

The anti-propaganda law introduces fines of up to 5,000 rubles ($156) for citizens who disseminate information aimed at minors "directed at forming nontraditional sexual setup" or which may cause a "distorted understanding" that gay and heterosexual relations are "socially equivalent", the official publication of the bill showed.

http://www.telegraph...ganda-bill.html

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#3    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

Now its offical.

#4    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,956 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

This law is just... what. The problem is it claims to be 'thinking of the children' but like always with laws like this it does three things. First, no it doesn't think of children. It only thinks of hetrosexual children.Second, it's used to prosecute any gay person or organisation that raises any form of awareness (regardless if children would see it or not). Third it creates a negative climate for gay people in the country. I pity any gay people in Russia right now. Their lives have just become a hell of a lot harder.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#5    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

The most disturbing aspect of this bill is the part about making it crime to insult religious feelings. This cuts both ways of course, but what about posting pictures like this? what happens to the Russian based servers for carrying them? what happens to the VK servers in Peterburg on which a vast amount of now potentialy illegal material is held? what happens to those who create and upload such pictures? what happens to the countless millions who view and download? (apparently now the same in law) What happens to online anti religious and anti nonsense groups, of which there very very many? Nobody can tell, nothing is defined, nobody knows if they are now a criminal simply for posting such as this..... simply for looking......

Illegal? (Now you know why the cross is the symbol of the Church)
Posted Image

If so, then perhaps......... (Soon)  :)
Posted Image

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 01 July 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#6    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,956 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 01 July 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

The most disturbing aspect of this bill is the part about making it crime to insult religious feelings. This cuts both ways of course, but what about posting pictures like this? what happens to the Russian based servers for carrying them? what happens to the VK servers in Peterburg on which a vast amount of now potentialy illegal material is held? what happens to those who create and upload such pictures? what happens to the countless millions who view and download? (apparently now the same in law) What happens to online anti religious and anti nonsense groups, of which there very very many? Nobody can tell, nothing is defined, nobody knows if they are now a criminal simply for posting such as this..... simply for looking......

Agreed, because insulting reliious feelings can mean anything from actual insults, protests, to reasoned debate and critisism. And you can also bet the only 'religious feelings' that will matter will be christian ones, no one elses. So that means anyone that displays a different religious belief openly could be caught with that law as well.

The law's just about religious based oppression.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#7    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,055 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

... and so Russia takes yet another step backwards into the Dark Ages. The day when "Insulting Religious Beliefs" is actually condoned, so allowing Humankind to move forward is the day that I Iook forward to.

#8    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

This is horrible.

The silver lining is that this law stands as a focal point to rally against and an impetus to resolve this national debate in Russia so that in the future it will be overturned.

Consider it like DOMA being passed in America when at that time there were no laws anywhere allowing same-sex marriage. It took 17 years to reverse DOMA but so much progress has been made since then within several American states as well as nations across the world.

#9    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

A story in emoticons in two parts (I hope I'm not in trouble for one of them....)

Posted Image    ------   Posted Image  +  Posted Image   all   Posted Image then   Posted Image  then  Posted Image   and   Posted Image   then  Posted Image  + Posted Image

#10    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Posted Image   =   Posted Image + Posted Image   now    Posted Image  =  all   Posted Image....... Spacebo  Posted Image.....

#11    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,055 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Oy! I dont think flashing of boobies is very Politically Correct :w00t:  But really hilarious nonetheless (I have translated as "smoke and flash", or "smoke and Mirrors" which is nearer to my cultural imperitive . I think I have deciphered it but I am sure there are some  Culturally Specific terms that I am unaware of....

Edited by keithisco, 01 July 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#12    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 01 July 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Oy! I dont think flashing of boobies is very Politically Correct :w00t:  But really hilarious nonetheless (I have translated as "smoke and flash", or "smoke and Mirrors" which is nearer to my cultural imperitive . I think I have deciphered it but I am sure there are some  Culturally Specific terms that I am unaware of....
represents pussyriot :)

#13    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

So should countries around the globe follow USA or Russia?

#14    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• 1,898 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

View Postthe L, on 01 July 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

So should countries around the globe follow USA or Russia?

Neither is a particularly good role model.

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,975 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

View Postshadowhive, on 01 July 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

This law is just... what. The problem is it claims to be 'thinking of the children' but like always with laws like this it does three things. First, no it doesn't think of children. It only thinks of hetrosexual children.Second, it's used to prosecute any gay person or organisation that raises any form of awareness (regardless if children would see it or not). Third it creates a negative climate for gay people in the country. I pity any gay people in Russia right now. Their lives have just become a hell of a lot harder.
I do not actively support what I see as a "gay" agenda because I feel it is detrimental to traditional society.  That said, I am COMPLETELY AGAINST criminalizing the sexual behavior of ANY group.  It is barbaric to intervene in an area so intimate and personal and it will have no positive result.  Human beings being human beings isn't (or shouldn't be) a crime, anywhere.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users