Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pakistani sisters shot dead for dishonour...

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

'TWO teenage sisters have been shot dead for daring to film themselves dancing in the rain and "dishonouring" their family and men in their conservative village. '

Read more: http://www.news.com....9#ixzz2XnI5MTe4

There article outlines a few other big stories to do with crimes against women as well.

I hope this kind of thing will be all but nonexistent sometime during my life.

Posted Image

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,061 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Those poor girls, killed by their own step brother for dancing with children - basically they were playing children's games with children. :cry:

And the 13 year old raped by 4 men and then the tribal elders order her parents to kill her for disgracing them has my stomach churning and I feel rage building, impotent rage and I rarely feel such things.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Timonthy, on 01 July 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

I hope this kind of thing will be all but nonexistent sometime during my life.

Alas, no. With the growth of fundamentalist islam, it will increase during your lifetime.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#4    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

It's an absolute disgrace that these kind of things still happen today.  I hope their killers are brought to justice although I doubt they will :(

#5    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,201 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Funny, I see no honor in murdering little girls.  I fear change will only come from a blood bath. If I could speak to the women of that country I would say arm yourselves and take out a few a**holes before you go down.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#6    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,766 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

disgusting

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#7    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,625 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

"Honor" is perhaps a vice, not a virtue.

#8    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,061 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Frank Merton, on 01 July 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

"Honor" is perhaps a vice, not a virtue.
It is Pride that comes before the fall .... in fact, of the seven deadly sins, it is pretty much the deadliest.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#9    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,251 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Turns one's stomach.  These men are beyond reason and logic and their hell hole of a country is a blot on the earth.

"What is faith? It is belief in the absence of evidence."  A. Rand

“If you don't know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.”  A. Rand

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,769 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Merc14, on 02 July 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

Turns one's stomach.  These men are beyond reason and logic and their hell hole of a country is a blot on the earth.
And they want to share it all with the rest of the world - at the edge of a sword.  I'm thinkin' no...

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#11    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,332 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Sick, truly sick!!

Why do we even trade with these countries? Why do they get Foreign Aid from the West?

@Ibstack: "impotent rage" is exactly the feelings that I have!! I hate the idea of War between Nations (I know I work in Defence) because of the indiscriminate nature of casualties, but I would have no problem in small scale incursions to meet out justice to the (smug) stepson and the elders in the village who demanded the death of a "Dis - honourable" daughter.

If these people thought there would be a consequence for their actions from an outside agency then they would think twice. Fight these extremists as they fight us. Bring terror to the culpable and maybe, just maybe, they will stop their evil dominion over women and children...IMO

#12    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

keithisco, on 02 July 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

Sick, truly sick!!

Why do we even trade with these countries? Why do they get Foreign Aid from the West?

@Ibstack: "impotent rage" is exactly the feelings that I have!! I hate the idea of War between Nations (I know I work in Defence) because of the indiscriminate nature of casualties, but I would have no problem in small scale incursions to meet out justice to the (smug) stepson and the elders in the village who demanded the death of a "Dis - honourable" daughter.

If these people thought there would be a consequence for their actions from an outside agency then they would think twice. Fight these extremists as they fight us. Bring terror to the culpable and maybe, just maybe, they will stop their evil dominion over women and children...IMO

NO. That does not work. Because they are not evil people; the ideology they believe in is evil.
Without addressing fundamentalist islam, we can not address this

The way the Western world currently addresses this is the equivalent of fighting WW2 while pretending that Nazism is a religion to be respected; only some violent misunderstanders of Nazism are bad.

It is a recipe for losing.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#13    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,321 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

Zaphod222, on 01 July 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Alas, no. With the growth of fundamentalist islam, it will increase during your lifetime.

Although honor killings are anti Islamic and originate from culture, you might be right. Fundamentalist Islam is a farcry from the teachings in the Qur'an.
And as it is, it will indeed increase in our lifetime - given 'fundamentalist Islam' thrives in chaos and disorder. Let that be just the conditions that are created in the ME as we speak.

Edited by Phaeton80, 03 July 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#14    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,625 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

I think an awful lot of conclusions are being drawn from one event.  What is the population of Pakistan so how often per person does this sort of thing happen, and do you think similar horrors don't happen in the West?

#15    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,870 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

and then, on 02 July 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

And they want to share it all with the rest of the world - at the edge of a sword.  I'm thinkin' no...
Maybe we should reevaluate our foreign policy.  Stunning, I know.
Posted Image

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users