Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Cirque du Soleil acrobat dies in fall

cirque du soleil sarah guyard-guillot acrobat fall

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

    Vertically Challenged

  • Member
  • 7,288 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home of 'The Orange'

  • We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

    'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

Quote

LAS VEGAS -- A Paris-born performer in Cirque du Soleil's "Ka" died after a fall during a show in Las Vegas.
Sarah Guyard-Guillot was pronounced dead late Saturday night at a hospital after falling about 50 feet from the show's stage.
Witnesses told the Las Vegas Sun that the accident occurred near the end of the production Saturday night at the MGM Grand.
Visitor Dan Mosqueda of Colorado Springs, Colo., said the 31-year-old acrobatic performer was being hoisted up the side of the stage when it appeared that she slipped free of her safety wire and plummeted to an open pit below the stage.
"Initially, a lot of people in the audience thought it was part of the (show)," he told the Sun. "But you could hear screaming, then groaning, and we could hear a female artist crying from the stage."

READ MORE

What a terrible way to go.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image


#2    kannin

kannin

    Punisher of the wicked

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Joined:04 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:canada

  • the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

oh wow thats horrible

i wish robin could have took her place! sorry i had to pun now im going to hell!

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#3    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 8,862 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

RIP Sarah Guyard-Guillot ... thanks for all the joys and memories ...

Posted Image

in memory ...




`

Edited by third_eye, 01 July 2013 - 01:45 PM.

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~


#4    kannin

kannin

    Punisher of the wicked

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Joined:04 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:canada

  • the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 01 July 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

RIP Sarah Guyard-Guillot ... thanks for all the joys and memories ...

Posted Image

in memory ...




`
nice post third

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#5    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 8,862 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

View Postkannin, on 01 July 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

nice post third

thanks ... and appreciated

I am a big fan of Cirque du Soleil's from way back ... I'm guttered

`

Edited by third_eye, 01 July 2013 - 02:02 PM.

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~


#6    kannin

kannin

    Punisher of the wicked

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Joined:04 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:canada

  • the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 01 July 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

thanks ... and appreciated

I am a big fan of Cirque du Soleil's from way back ... I'm guttered

`
indeed one of the saddest stories ive seen on UM in a while

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#7    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 8,862 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

View Postkannin, on 01 July 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

indeed one of the saddest stories ive seen on UM in a while

its a high profile act and it does comes with its own sets of dangers ... comes  with the territory I guess ... what bugs me is that these performers are so talented and does it so effortlessly that many thinks its a walk in the park and a piece of cake ... they have no idea ... I've never understood the need for the danger element of no 'safety nets' ... granted that it does makes the stage design a bit difficult to assimilate but then it should not be a problem given the level of craftsmanship available today ... I guess the 'audience' expects that level of 'danger' to feel entertained enough to pay ... sickening is what it is ...

`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~


#8    kannin

kannin

    Punisher of the wicked

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Joined:04 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:canada

  • the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 01 July 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

its a high profile act and it does comes with its own sets of dangers ... comes  with the territory I guess ... what bugs me is that these performers are so talented and does it so effortlessly that many thinks its a walk in the park and a piece of cake ... they have no idea ... I've never understood the need for the danger element of no 'safety nets' ... granted that it does makes the stage design a bit difficult to assimilate but then it should not be a problem given the level of craftsmanship available today ... I guess the 'audience' expects that level of 'danger' to feel entertained enough to pay ... sickening is what it is ...

`
we are a violent and bile species at times, gladiators, boxing etc we need blood to be entertained, maybe we are all vampires in a sense that we seek excitment in pain

and a blood lust

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#9    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 8,862 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

View Postkannin, on 01 July 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

we are a violent and bile species at times, gladiators, boxing etc we need blood to be entertained, maybe we are all vampires in a sense that we seek excitment in pain

and a blood lust

it is a culture thing ... the fact is it has become a status thing for the rich and wealthy .. they don't really want or understand to experience the shows ... they just want the bragging rights to say they've been to a show ... while the real fans probably can't afford the tickets ...

they're worse than vampires ... they're just the worse of humans ... and all too real ...

`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~


#10    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Pineapple under the Sea

  • Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

Oh gosh that is just awful, with two kids too :(

Do they not have safety nets?  I've never been to this type of show but always assumed there were safety nets :(


#11    kannin

kannin

    Punisher of the wicked

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Joined:04 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:canada

  • the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 01 July 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

it is a culture thing ... the fact is it has become a status thing for the rich and wealthy .. they don't really want or understand to experience the shows ... they just want the bragging rights to say they've been to a show ... while the real fans probably can't afford the tickets ...

they're worse than vampires ... they're just the worse of humans ... and all too real ...

`
and its sad that some if not most of these people go to shows like this and racing to witness an accident

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#12    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 8,862 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

View Postkannin, on 01 July 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

and its sad that some if not most of these people go to shows like this and racing to witness an accident

it is a choice ... and each his / her own in the end ...

`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~


#13    kannin

kannin

    Punisher of the wicked

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Joined:04 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:canada

  • the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 01 July 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

it is a choice ... and each his / her own in the end ...

`
its grotesque though

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#14    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 8,862 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postkannin, on 01 July 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

its grotesque though

Yes it is ... but many livelihood depends on such inclinations ...

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~


#15    kannin

kannin

    Punisher of the wicked

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Joined:04 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:canada

  • the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

i guess things classed in blood sport would hurt the economy if they ceased to be as well as any dangerous form of entertainement its funny how both beautiful things and grotesque things need to function so the world turns, i love the irony in life

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users