Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

What do you Think Happened; Dyatlov Pass

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
439 replies to this topic

#31    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

• "The Truth is out there."

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostMantis914, on 21 July 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

That's an even scarier premise, suppose they were driven mad by something...
I wonder if they had a shortwave radio with them and if they did, perhaps a broadcast such as UVB-76 or some prototype may have come in too loud and clear.
Could you please explain what "UVB-76" is?

"The truth is out there......but are we willing to accept it when we find it?"

#32    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

View PostColumbo, on 22 July 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Could you please explain what "UVB-76" is?

A shortwave station originating from Russian decades ago, it's a constant buzzing / horn sound that is occasionally interrupted by a brief broadcast.  See for yourself, there a whole different world out there just past the FM band ...  Check out the Conet Project and you'll see the variety of transmissions that are out there.

http://m.youtube.com...eature=youtu.be

#33    EnfantTerrible

EnfantTerrible

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:55 AM

I think the government was testing something (a bomb?) in what they thought was an uninhabited area.

#34    ThePhantom

ThePhantom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

*bump!*

Recently watched a film inspired by this called The Dyatlov Pass Incident (!) at FrightFest early today and absolutly loved it. I've been fascinated with this mystery for so long - I always thought it was either aliens or a Russian Yeti - but the film offers a very different take on it. It's fascinating and an absolute must see! I was soo excited to see it and it definetly paid off! Anyone else here seen it?

Posted Image

#35    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,341 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

There's an article about this in today's news -

http://www.dailymail...ntain-1959.html

Posted Image

#36    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 24 August 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

There's an article about this in today's news -

http://www.dailymail...ntain-1959.html
The evidence is very similar to cattle mutilation cases. The broken bones but no external injuries and scratches would be consistent with dropping from a height onto the snow below.

Some of this group had broken bones and terrible internal injuries but, strangely, no external wounds, not even scratches on the skin.

Stranger still, odd bits of their clothing contained higher than normal levels of radiation.

Indeed, post-mortem examinations of all nine bodies threw up a string of bewildering anomalies. Why were some fully clothed, but others nearly naked? Most disconcerting of all was Lyudmilla Dubinina’s body, which was missing her tongue and eyes.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#37    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• 1,158 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

The information missing from the files might be critical to determining what had happened. So until that information is recovered, I think it's kind of hard to speculate.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#38    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• 1,021 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostThePhantom, on 23 August 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

*bump!*

Recently watched a film inspired by this called The Dyatlov Pass Incident (!) at FrightFest early today and absolutly loved it. I've been fascinated with this mystery for so long - I always thought it was either aliens or a Russian Yeti - but the film offers a very different take on it. It's fascinating and an absolute must see! I was soo excited to see it and it definetly paid off! Anyone else here seen it?

Posted Image
Yes, tonight on cable. Complete fantasy of course, but very imaginitive and I didn't see what was coming, and the neat tie in with, but I better not say or it will spoil it. Also a Russian/American co-production so the Russian elements were real for a change and give it an authentic feel. Worth watching.

#39    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,386 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

There were reports all over that night of people seeing a bright light in the sky,  it was most likey a meteor the hikers were running from. Just look at that recent meteor that flew over Russia where nine hundred people were hurt.

#40    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:22 AM

Here's what a review of the facts indicates (from original sources): the group is tired but relaxed at the campsite. Some feel comfortable enough to strip to their underwear ready for sleep following their shared meal. Something then terrifies them enough that they suddenly cut through the sides of the tent to flee and scatter, unprepared, into temperatures that they know will kill them in hours. They come together again under a large pine at the forest tree line, about 1.5m away. Here they share some clothes. They light a fire in an attempt to ward off the cold. One member climbs the tree, breaking branches, to try to see what is happening back at the tent. They stay there two hours. Desperate, the leader and two others try to return to the tent. They die from cold at intervals. Two of the remaining group members die. The others take clothes from them and set off into the woods, away from the tent. They reach a ravine, huddle or fall into it together, and there die.

Here are a couple of other interesting snippets, taken from another source: "A chance meeting...on a train with a medical assistant at the accident site - Maria Ivanovna - revealed that she recalled 11 bodies being discovered and not nine. Two were hurriedly removed to a destination unknown to her." and "Yuri Yarovoi (a Sverdlovsk writer and journalist who was the photographer for the original rescue mission and later involved in the inquest) wrote a fictional book entitled 'of the highest Rank of complexity'.." (a romanticized version of this incident) "He was allegedly made to rewrite it twice before the authorities permitted its publication. In this version only the team leader dies. Now this is the interesting part: Yuri and his wife were killed in a car crash in the mid 1980¿s a few short years before the partial declassification of the Dyatlov papers. According to this source all his papers, records and private notes of the Dyatlov Pass Incident have gone missing."

To add to the mystery, I came across this intriguing original source information also: "Three hundred meters from the fire and in the direction of the tent searchers find the body of Igor Dyatlova. He is laying on his back with his head towards the tents, one hand is holding a small birch tree branch and the other is shielding his head. 180 m from the body of Igor Dyatlow and in a direction towards the tent the searchers find the body of Rustem Slobodin. He is lying face forward in the snow. Slobodin was also found to have a skull fracture of about 17 cm in length. however, experts have determined that his death was most probably from hypothermia. A further 150m from the body of rustem Slobodin and even closer to the tent, the searchers discover the body of Zinaida Kolmogorov. Traces of blood are found nearby. (We don't know the source of the blood yet.)" 'Shielding his head', 'skull fracture', 'unknown blood', and 11 bodies - not 9 - allegedly found? Were two Gulag escapees?

Another intriguing snippet, this time from a Moscow contributor to a website commentary on this incident who seems well familiar with the facts: "The rescue teams were mainly students and Mansi volunteers, as well as prison guards from the nearby camp, soldiers - no KGB, no secrecy. There was some government interest and supervision in place, but that's because two of the missing hikers were engineers at the top-secret plutonium production facility (Mayak). " - 'prison guards from the nearby camp'? Reportedly, 11 - not 9 - bodies were found and the three members of the group who tried to struggle back to the tent were found dead, one shielding his head, the second with a fractured skull and the third with unknown blood beside her body. Is it possible that some prisoners who had escaped the gulag camp appeared at the closed tent flap, demanded food and the women. and that the decision was made to slash the tent walls and flee? Later, some tried to return and were attacked?

I am absolutely fascinated by this case. Apart from the terrible tragedy of these deaths, I am well familiar with winter camping in the Canadian wilderness at very low temperatures and I know how very quickly extreme cold can kill. That they managed to re-group and build a fire out of damp wood and then survive for hours, poorly-clad, under these conditions (with a low temperature reinforced by wind chill) indicates outdoor knowledge, skill and resourcefulness of the highest order. They may have been panicked into fleeing for their lives from the tent but everything they did thereafter shows a remarkable degree of improvization and care for each other. I think you can only appreciate the intensity of the danger the cold immediately posed to them if you've experienced those kinds of winter wilderness temperatures yourself. As someone who has, I really do admire their response and resourcefulness. How sad to have lost such fine young lives, whatever the initiating cause!

It appears from other reports that, in heading into the woods, the last four survivors probably intended to try to descend to the valley below where they had passed a fixed shelter the day before, intending to use that instead of the ruined tent. By error and in thick snow, they descended into the wrong valley and met their doom in the ravine rather than safety in the shelter. Lead investigator Lev "Ivanov was the one who first noticed that the bodies and gear found were all radioactive, and said that a Geiger counter he'd brought with him went nuts all around the campsite. He also has said that Soviet officials told him at the time to clamp the case shut, despite reports that "bright flying spheres" had been reported in the area in February and March of 1959. "I suspected at the time and am almost sure now that these bright flying spheres had a direct connection to the group's death," Ivanov told Kazakh newspaper Leninsky Put in an interview dug up by the Times." (sourced)

"Surprisingly, one of the most extraordinary and astonishing versions came from none other than Lev Ivanov himself. In 1990, the retired Prosecutor published an article, "The Enigma of the Fireballs", where he admitted that in spring of 1959, under the pressure of A. P. Kirilenko, and of his deputy, A. F. Yeshtokin, he withdrew various key materials from the case that indicated the true cause of the accident: "fireballs" or a UFO: "When E. P. Maslennikov and I examined the scene in May, we found that some young pine trees at the edge of the forest had burn marks, but those marks did not have a concentric form or some other pattern. There was no epicenter. This once again confirmed that heated beams of a strong, but completely unknown, at least to us, energy, were directing their firepower toward specific objects (in this case, people), acting selectively." Later on, Kirilenko professed a lively interest in UFO's, and received memos about sightings of UFO's from KGB chief Andropov."

#41    Ezystreet

Ezystreet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

My personal take on the whole Dyatlov Pass incident.
First I wanted to eliminate all the improbable and paranormal variables from the event, and after some research I managed to do so:
Ripped toungue and oral cavity: Tongue was gone post mortem (not ripped), degraded through the activity of the micro flora and fauna, thing which was fully aknowledged in 1959.
Level of radiation on clothing: Only one person (Dubinina) had traces of radiation (isotrope K-40) on her clothing (her coat and hat were taken by Zolotarev also after she passed away). This is a very weak contamination and certainly superficial.
Metal scarps found in the area: Those were aknowledged in 1959 to be radar unit parts and not missle/ weapon/ rocket parts.
Orange dots in the sky: Recognized as lights from the MIG21f prototype jet fighters or the Sukhoi Su-9 fighters flying in the area.
Orange tan/ grey hair of the last 4 victims: Their skin had indeed an orange complexity but that’s  normal and expected after 2 months of the corpses being under the sun/ in the snow.  As for the grey/ silver hair, the judicial doctor (Coroner) said at the time, all the victims had natural colour hair.
Why be in underwear in such harsh conditions in the tent: They had a suspended furnace in the tent.
Ripped tent: I just want to note here, that the front part of the tent (the usual entrance) was open along with the side ripped parts. This means that they just wanted to get out faster and not stay in line at the entrance. As a side note here, all the shoes/ snow shoes were mostly in the middle of the tent, with just two pairs being in a side part of the tent.
Government closing the pass for 3 years for cover-up: They indeed closed it for 3 years but just to amateur skiers/ sport enthusiasts for safety reasons you can easily understand.

So now we are just left with the main question - what made 9 experienced ski hikers flee in terror/ sheer panic outside their tent, to certain death, withouth bothering to take the shoes from the middle of the tent or some other article of clothing for that fact? And also what made that crushing damage to three of them?
I will start by saying that in 1960, one year after the event, the Soviet Union began one of the biggest oil exploitation projects in this area.
So the Soviet Union knew that this zone was rich in petroleum formations under the earth.
How did they knew that? Well one of the ways to monitor what’s underground is the use of infrasonics.
Infrasonic is the study of sound waves, covering  sounds beneath 20 Hz down to 0.001 Hz. This frequency range is utilized for monitoring earthquakes, charting rock and petroleum formations below the earth, and also in ballistocardiography and seismocardiography to study the mechanics of the heart. Infrasound is characterized by an ability to cover long distances and get around obstacles with little dissipation.
Yes, the answer is infrasound. At 20 Hz or cycles per second, that’s the “normal” limit of human hearing.
So what can a sound lower that 20Hz do to a human? Answer is  anxiety, uneasiness, extreme sorrow, hallucinations, nervous feelings of revulsion or fear, chills down the spine, and feelings of pressure on the chest. This may then lead to further effects caused by the minds possible reaction to the unknown, as outlined below.
Once the mind receives information it considers unusual it may enter into “search mode” to try and explain what is being experienced, calling on all senses to assist - sight, sound, touch, smell etc... The longer the search goes on without an answer, the more intense the scrutiny. In the extreme, the body may react in “survival instinct” - fear sets in, pulse races etc... This is the body’s natural reaction to the unknown, preparing it for possible “fight or flight” from danger. At such times, because the senses are so heightened and “in tune” for experiencing something, the brain may begin to misinterpret what the senses are picking up. Much akin to sitting alone in the dark after watching a horror movie although to a much greater extent.
This is all a natural reaction of the brain and very real to the witness. Possible triggers (either alone or in combination) are anything that may suggest something strange is occurring including high EMF, infrasound, low atmospheric pressure, carbon monoxide exposure, darkness, isolation and any stimulus that may create suggestion such as watching a spooky movie, being in an spooky location. Ocean waves are known to sometimes generate infrasound and it has been suggested to have been a possible "trigger" causing ships crews to abandon their craft in fear, only to have the ship later found mysteriously drifting about unmanned.
It could BE! the answer but there are still two things that concern me about this solution:
1)   Could infrasound be used by some machine there, at that time during the night to monitor the earth for petroleum formations? – I will give this a maybe!
2)   Even if the answer is positive to the above question, the group had acted rational when they got to the woods ( regrouped, made fire,exchanged clothing articles, scouted camp from tree, tried to reach camp). – Answer below!

It could be that the effect of the infrasound ended or it manifested itself to a lower extent (or maybe the “reach” of the infrasound  was limited to the area around the camp?) when they reached the trees, so they started thinking, realised what’s going on and that certain death awaits them if they don’t do anything about their situation. They did their best in the situation and after seeing that things can only go worst from there, 3 decided to run back for the camp, knowing the tent is their only saviour but never made it.
Seeing that the 3 aren’t returning and maybe even not wanting to return at the tent, where sheer panic and fear awaits them, and also with another 2 team members passed away near them, they got what clothing they could from the dead members and decided to make a run for it, deeper in the woods, searching for some cave or some other form of shelther. They never made it.
With limited visibility and being close to exhaustion the fatal injuries (broken skull and ribs, shattering the heart in one case) are the effect of a sudden fall into a deep ravine, aknowledged by dr. Vladimir B. (a member of the original rescue team).
This is why the authorities were so evasive maybe, not wanting to be held responsible for the death of 9 persons, or maybe they didn’t even fully aknowledge the effects of infrasound at that time and it’s effects on a human (body).
Bibliography:   http://www.aquiziam.com/
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

The Mystery of Dyatlov: 2000, TAU (Ural Television Agency).

#42    Erowin

Erowin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

There was an avalanche, which even experienced hikers are prone to. The tent was likely buried so they ripped it open to claw their way out. Then, hypothermia set in. In the late stages, people take off their clothes because they feel delusional and really hot. Orange tints are common to exposed bodies.

The missing parts were all the squishy bits, like the tongue. These are what scavengers like to eat first, because it's easy to nibble out eyes or a tongue compared to the flesh of an arm or some such. Especially since they were probably eaten by small animals like foxes.

The only thing I don't understand is how this got to be a spooky mystery. Avalanches kill people, it's just a risk of being in the mountains. I feel sorry for them, but it's a pretty routine death.

#43    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostMantis914, on 02 July 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

All that sounds very good but how do you explain a missing tongue??

Thank you for making me aware of that.

Indeed, post-mortem examinations of all nine bodies threw up a string of bewildering anomalies. Why were some fully clothed, but others nearly naked? Most disconcerting of all was Lyudmilla Dubinina’s body, which was missing her tongue and eyes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2jyvt1lNM

Sounds very much like the same phenomena as Cattle Mutilation.

Edited by zoser, 07 November 2013 - 05:29 PM.

Posted Image

#44    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostEzystreet, on 30 October 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

Ripped toungue and oral cavity: Tongue was gone post mortem (not ripped), degraded through the activity of the micro flora and fauna, thing which was fully aknowledged in 1959.

Can this be verified?  It could be a very important piece of the puzzle.  Your statement is contrary to some of the reports.

Posted Image

#45    beelzebufo

beelzebufo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

View Postzoser, on 07 November 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Thank you for making me aware of that.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2jyvt1lNM

Sounds very much like the same phenomena as Cattle Mutilation.

Missing tongues and eyes are not at all unusual for bodies that have been out in the wilderness. Scavengers go for the soft tissue first. Eyes especially, as they are the first thing scavenging birds will go for.

I grew up on a farm, so I've seen many dead cows, as well as other animals, and I've always thought the "cattle mutilations by aliens" theory was ridiculous. Pretty much all of the aspects of "cattle mutilation" occur completely naturally.

I don't have any academic background or qualification or life.
However, I can absorb all substances into the body from my eyes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users