Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

What do you Think Happened; Dyatlov Pass

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
439 replies to this topic

#421    UFO_Monster

UFO_Monster

Poltergeist

• 2,191 posts

• What looks spooky is not always scary. What looks cute is not always cuddly.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

View PostKaa-Tzik, on 17 January 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

I quote my own post from only a little further up this page...

I typed and posted this as I'd finished reading the fourth page. Serves me right for not reading the entire thread. <_<

Edited by UFO_Monster, 18 January 2014 - 12:48 AM.

Posted Image
UFOs aren't always the alien's spacecraft...sometimes they are the aliens.

#422    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,015 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

View Postzoser, on 07 December 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

And also the face of one of them appeared totally emaciated.  Still unexplained is the missing eyeball and brows according to the autopsy.  Difficult to explain given that the cold would have preserved the bodies.
Zoser. It's perfectly explainable. It's known that foraging animals like the marten eat these things first. Yes the area is in the range of such animals that live in arctic conditions among other animals. I don't see why you won't accept that. Just jump onto YouTube and search for northern trapping, you will see all kinds if examples of these animals. The ones with that sort of damage were the ones not found right away, you know the ones that fell down the ravine.

Edited by White Crane Feather, 19 January 2014 - 05:18 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#423    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

What would make these experienced mountaineers panic, and run from their tents?  What is/was the source of the "massive internal injuries" reported?  The other injuries?  It was clearly not an avalanche.  Is it untrue that a note was found saying, "we now know the snowmen are real"?  Did the victims indeed slash through their tents from the inside,  or... did some clawed creature puncture the canvas and rip it's way in?  What to make of the radiation reports?  The strange "lights" seen?  My conviction is that these events do not have a simple, common or prosaic explanation.

#424    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,700 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 19 January 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

What would make these experienced mountaineers panic, and run from their tents?

The thought that they were about to be buried in an avalanche?

What is/was the source of the "massive internal injuries" reported?

Falling down a, what...30-foot(?) ravine?

The other injuries?

Depends on the injuries.  The tongue was almost definitely by a scavenger.

It was clearly not an avalanche.

Nah, the avalanche was too tiny.  Technically, it was a "slab drift".  Back when my friends and I were still building snow forts, we just said that one of the walls collapsed.

Is it untrue that a note was found saying, "we now know the snowmen are real"?

Probably.  Either that or they made great friends with the snowmen, as they were smiling and laughing while they set up their last camp.

Did the victims indeed slash through their tents from the inside,  or... did some clawed creature puncture the canvas and rip it's way in?

Slashed their way out from the inside, by all accounts.

What to make of the radiation reports?

That they found a believable, if insignificant, amount of radiation on the people, considering their location.  A pollen report would have likely found a similarly believable, if insignificant, amount of pollen on the people, considering their location, as well.

The strange "lights" seen?

Well, it was an area the military regularly flew over.  Would not be the first time military lights were accused of being something more than they actually were.

My conviction is that these events do not have a simple, common or prosaic explanation.

And yet, these are all such simple, common, prosaic, events.  Stated with a firm voice, instead of one laced with hushed whispers and a sense of wonderment, it becomes a cautionary tale told to Boy Scouts earning their camping badge.

#425    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,484 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

Is it untrue that a note was found saying, "we now know the snowmen are real"?  

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#426    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,015 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

What would make these experienced mountaineers panic, and run from their tents?  What is/was the source of the "massive internal injuries" reported?  The other injuries?  It was clearly not an avalanche.  Is it untrue that a note was found saying, "we now know the snowmen are real"?  Did the victims indeed slash through their tents from the inside,  or... did some clawed creature puncture the canvas and rip it's way in?  What to make of the radiation reports?  The strange "lights" seen?  My conviction is that these events do not have a simple, common or prosaic explanation.
They were all under 23 besides one who the leader hesitated in taking him because of his lak of "experience". I know 23 year olds like to think they are experienced, I certainly did at that age. Now I know different. :(  as to the rest of it, it's already been answered maybe a dozen times.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#427    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 20 January 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

Well, it was an area the military regularly flew over.  Would not be the first time military lights were accused of being something more than they actually were.
To add that there were not even any sightings of lights in the sky of any type on the night of the incident, all reports had been either fabricated after the event, or were real sightings made in the nights before and after the incident and witnesses memories become confused. The indigenous Mansi people were shown to be very poor witnesses and and had a shaky grasp of the concept of dates or time. Besides, all the real sightings coincided with rocket launches from Baikonur, and it has been proved that launches from that far south will produce the effects people described, and of course some rockets actually flew directly over the incident site on their way to the target island of Novaya Zemlya, second stage seperation taking place over the north Urals and the incident site, and I posted a photo further up this thread to show what sort of debris falls to the ground.

#428    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

So... the Dyatlov pass incident... consensus is... no mystery at all!

#429    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,700 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

Pretty much.  We won't ever know the specifics, but there isn't anything there that hasn't been seen before in other similar situations.

#430    IMAnonymous

IMAnonymous

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 10 November 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

A medical examination found no injuries which might have led to their deaths, and it was concluded that they had all died of hypothermia.

This is incorrect.  Three died by violent means.

#431    IMAnonymous

IMAnonymous

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:54 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 10 November 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

This really is nothing more than a sacred mystery; people worshiping a mystery just for the sake of saying it is a mystery.  There is nothing in regards to the body that isn't textbook natural process, from soft tissue damage all the way to predators and paradoxical undressing.

This is wrong on all three counts.  Broken ribs and skull fractures are not a "natural process".  The autopsies specifically noted the lack of soft tissue damage in several of the bodies and no paradoxical undressing occurred.

#432    IMAnonymous

IMAnonymous

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 14 November 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Mystery solved. It was an avalanche.

This is incorrect.  There was absolutely no evidence of an avalanche.  The tent site was completely undisturbed by unanimous agreement of all three experts who examined it and provided testimony.  One mentioned the tent had collapsed at some point but never suggested an avalanche.  The slope they were on was also not prone to snow slides.

#433    IMAnonymous

IMAnonymous

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 16 November 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

You forget many saw a bright light in the sky at the time of the incident,a meter would make any one run as fast as they could sustaining many injures  that prevented them from moving and just they died from hypothermal.

Incorrect.  No injuries found were related to running.

#434    IMAnonymous

IMAnonymous

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostMr Supertypo, on 17 November 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

I was thinking about a alternative explanation, what about if one or some of the people in the tent went berserk and started a fight maybe even trying to kill each other? I mean we hear this in the news all the time: teen go crazy and shoot people, or mother drown her kids, serial killers etc. Maybe one of the hikers went crazy and ripped the tounge out of the sleeping woman and attacked the others....and everybody run. Maybe drugs involved? or some-kind of vendetta or jealousy?

About the radiation and the orbs in the sky...I dunno. But didnt some of the hikers work in a nuclear plant or am I mistaken? and the orb....maybe a aircraft or meteor?

This didn't happen.  The evidence is that they were trying to help each other.  Only Igor's right hand and the hands of Slobodin could be argued to have been used in a fight.

#435    some new guy

some new guy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

I recently read an article where the author proposed they were the victims of a lightning strike - no, not the ball lightning theory but an actual lightning bolt that struck out of the sky - the article seemed well informed and detailed

I did a quick google search but I couldnt dig up the article, sorry - I'll look again later (I'm off to work now) and if/when I locate it, I'll post the link here

BEST - Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users