Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Snowden Applies For Asylum In Russia

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,235 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Snowden Applies For Asylum In Russia

selected quote

"Mr Putin told a news conference that "we should let professionals decide", and said Russia "never hands over anybody anywhere".

He added: "Snowden is free to go but if he decides to stay, he has to stop his work directed to hurt our American partners. I know that this kind of statement sounds strange from me."

http://uk.news.yahoo...75.html#QVxy9qE

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#2    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,097 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Wouldn't Mr. Snowden get a nice surprise if they granted him Asylum, and then showed him where he could stay that would be nice & safe from Uncle Sam.  Somewhere nice & cosy in a reactivated Gulag somewhere in Siberia. :innocent:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,235 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 01 July 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Wouldn't Mr. Snowden get a nice surprise if they granted him Asylum, and then showed him where he could stay that would be nice & safe from Uncle Sam.  Somewhere nice & cosy in a reactivated Gulag somewhere in Siberia. :innocent:

Im sure they will be very interested in the 6 laptops he allegedly has with him, and who knows how many pen drives or cloud accounts he set up too

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,213 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hope he does not commit the same error as Wade E. Roberts, when he defected to Russia and was asked what he would like to do professionally he answered " I like animals"... so they gave him a job as a snake catcher in  Turkmenistan....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts
  • Location:Currently entering that inner landscape connecting those throughout life

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

Comrade Snowden?

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,235 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostThe world needs you, on 02 July 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

Comrade Snowden?

actually, in the BBC today we find this:

Snowden 'asylum requests to 21 countries' - Wikileaks
Edward Snowden. File photo Edward Snowden is believed to be staying at Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport

Fugitive US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden has sent asylum requests to 21 countries, according to a statement published by Wikileaks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-23139980

covering all the bases Id say!!

#7    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,097 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

He's beginning to remind me of that film about the bloke who lived in an Airport. The Terminal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, that was it.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh, 02 July 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#8    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,213 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

He pulled the Russian application.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users