Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mother covered 80% of her body with tattoos

tattoos amanda brignall

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,344 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Most women change their hairstyle following an emotional break-up, but one woman went about changing her appearance in a much more dramatic way.

When feisty Amanda Brignall hit a mid-life-crisis she decided to cover her body in tattoos - but now she can’t get a man because her appearance scares them off.

The mother-of-two’s ink obsession started at 37 after she separated from her husband and her children flew the nest.

http://www.dailymail...scares-off.html

Posted Image

#2    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 02 July 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

Most women change their hairstyle following an emotional break-up, but one woman went about changing her appearance in a much more dramatic way.

When feisty Amanda Brignall hit a mid-life-crisis she decided to cover her body in tattoos - but now she can’t get a man because her appearance scares them off.

The mother-of-two’s ink obsession started at 37 after she separated from her husband and her children flew the nest.

http://www.dailymail...scares-off.html

I'n not going to lie SW, when I read the title, I first thought you were talking about your mom :P

Edited by Jessem, 02 July 2013 - 03:34 PM.

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#3    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,332 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I don't think it the tattoos that's scaring the men...   Most women I know have tattoos, a couple of them have just as many. She has a kind of creepy look in her eyes... that makes me think RUNNNNNN....

Edited by Darkwind, 02 July 2013 - 03:44 PM.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#4    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,520 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Tats don't bother me at all on anyone... go for it. I'll never have one, but that's a personal choice.

I do think the facial tats are probably what puts most people off. They just aren't attractive. I have a few girlfriends that do have facial tats, but they're really up in the hairline and can't be seen except when the hair is pulled back tight, and one friend has one on her scalp which can only be seen when she has a Mohawk, which isn't often anymore since she's in a very serious type of sales business these days.

Get the tats, but maybe refrain from tats in the middle of your face, or at least give it a LOT of thought before you do it and go into it knowing most people find them .... off-putting and be prepared to deal with that realistically.

Edited by MissMelsWell, 02 July 2013 - 03:57 PM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#5    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 7,568 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

It brings this to my mind...

I realise that tattoos are currently the "in" thing, and considered cool and all... But down the road many people get "buyers remorse" over their tats...

And people should remember that tats (Like most fashion things) are a cyclical fad... What's considered "in" and "cool" now - later may be the butt of much "uncoolness" and very much "out"...

#6    Doctor Night

Doctor Night

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

I think it covers up the cellulite just perfect!! :yes:  Maybe I'll get my legs done!!!! :clap:

Madman of the evening!

#7    BarnabasCollins

BarnabasCollins

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

For some reason, her jewelry seems redundant.

#8    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,260 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

I'm all good with tats but.. If I were a guy, I'd think a gal getting one every week meant they were more into themselves more than they would be into me. Kind of like guys that love their muscles so much, it's doubtful their gal would get as much attention.

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#9    zebra99

zebra99

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

'But then I started getting more tattoos done and every time I got inked, I felt a new lease of life. Now people look at me and they can’t believe I’m nearly 50.'

50?...looks closer to 70 to me.

Edited by zebra99, 02 July 2013 - 08:46 PM.

Posted Image

#10    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

I like tattoos, even some on the face. But when there are so many I don't like that you can't get a good loook at any of them as they all kind of get lost in each other. So without staring creepily for a long time at another's body you can't enjoy them individually.

Btw, I saw a stunning one of an oriental lady, that was so artistic and delicate, it looked like a painting.

Imo, since so many women are getting them I think more of the art itself needs to change and not be so dark and thick and bold, for those ladies who might enjoy something more...well,  lighter and softer with finer lines, delicate shading, etc.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 02 July 2013 - 09:51 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#11    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,520 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

View Postzebra99, on 02 July 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

'But then I started getting more tattoos done and every time I got inked, I felt a new lease of life. Now people look at me and they can’t believe I’m nearly 50.'

50?...looks closer to 70 to me.

Hahaha, I thought the same thing. I'm probably the same age... I'm a couple years shy of 50 too. This was taken of me seven months ago. Tats or not, that woman isn't lookin' so good for her age.

Posted Image

Edited by MissMelsWell, 03 July 2013 - 01:05 AM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

I don't think it's so much about the tats.  Probably has more to do with the fugly.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#13    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,226 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 03 July 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

Hahaha, I thought the same thing. I'm probably the same age... I'm a couple years shy of 50 too. This was taken of me seven months ago. Tats or not, that woman isn't lookin' so good for her age.

Posted Image
Did you have a painful divorce?  

She should subscribe to interest groups one can find all over the internet for people who have and/or like tattoos and it's problem-solved.   I'd tell her myself, I just don't want to get involved with such a microscopic problem in the world.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#14    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

That sure is an old 49 year old. Maybe she should've used the money on a face lift.

Edited by Rlyeh, 04 July 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#15    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,409 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

I think her problem was that she was getting the tattoos for free from her friend, and couldn't say no.

I think she has an edgy artistic look, not a mainstream look.  She just needs to find a similar man, maybe in a city with a big arts scene.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users