Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Octopus found at the top of UK Mountain

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,271 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

View Postrashore, on 03 July 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

Heh, I wasn't shocked about the amount of garbage. A cemetery and park area I've helped clean up is less than half a football field in size, and we hauled out 10 bags of garbage more than once a year. Litterbugs are everywhere :(
I was a little surprised to think a bird of prey would drop it's food and not come back for it, if a bird of prey is how the octopus got there.
Maybe the bird was going to come back for it, but the "cleaners" got to it first.
I am shocked about the amount of garbage, we are not talking about a park or cemetery where teenagers can hang out, we are talking about an area which is generally visited by "nature lovers and hikers"...allegedly!

#32    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

My mom was a janater.  She always said the womens bathroom was the dirtest.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#33    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 25,596 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

View Postdanielost, on 04 July 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

It’s true.
Sometimes it’s so criminal and so obviously deliberately messed up I wonder if some women leave outrageous mess because they want some sort of revenge or... actually, I have no explanation for that.

As for the octopus... it wasn’t me.

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#34    Mindscanner

Mindscanner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• '' The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding ''
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

wow that reminded me of the story of a farmer in Indonesia who lived in the mountain and found a huge sea water fish on the top of mountain. It happened 1978 and still to this days keep me baffled. The fish apparently heavier than the man who found it. If it was carried by people, then why didn't they just cooked it up instead of left it there?

#35    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,271 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

View Postdanielost, on 04 July 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Yeah, but mens are smellier.....so I hear.

#36    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

lol "not me" was getting kinky with"dont know"  up on top of the mountain  or maybe some ones ink pen needed reinked?

#37    hatakah

hatakah

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

Article doesn't say exactly when this was found. Could this not have been picked up by that big a$$ waterspout in the South of France last month and deposited there? That thing might have left "artifacts" all across Europe...

#38    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

View Posthatakah, on 07 July 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

Article doesn't say exactly when this was found. Could this not have been picked up by that big a$$ waterspout in the South of France last month and deposited there? That thing might have left "artifacts" all across Europe...
No, the winds have been light, though there was strong winds not too long ago, strong, but not that strong

#39    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Considering the Earth is 4 billion years old and they really have no idea about the geology of any period of time other than speculation, it is not a surprise to me.

GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER, (PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I DO HAVE CONTROL OVER, (ME, MYSELF & I);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO!!

#40    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

imagine that walking down a nature trail, then BAM OCTOPUS IN THE FACE would that not blow your mind?

#41    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

View Posthatakah, on 07 July 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

If it was a water spout, when it land it would be a tornado.  Don't about england, but here in the usa tornados always make the news.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#42    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

BAM OCTOPUS IN THE FACE!

#43    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,275 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 July 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Very likely a bird did take it there, but what is shocking is this:

Volunteers removed 10 bags of rubbish from the mountain during the pick

What is wrong with people? Anyone caught dropping rubbish should be banned from natural spaces, send them back to their ghettos!
There were about 15 teenagers the other day in the park "hanging out', when they left the place was littered with rubbish, this is our next generation, their parents should be frogged marched to the area and made to pick up the rubbish in front of their kids, show an example on how its done for a change.
A little bit of respect for nature is all what is called for, is that really too much to ask in a day and age when humans are polluting everything in their path?

Good call :tu:, was Everest not enough of a wake up call?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users