Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

37 million dead bees in one Ontario farm

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

It is an alarming trend that our propaganda mouthpieces...aka...the MSM is silent on.

I am convinced as another poster said that someone, somewhere knows exactly what is causing this.  I am equally sure in my opinion that it has something to do with GMO or the insecticides mentioned earlier.

I guess this will give another genetics company an excuse to create a strain of genetically modified bees that will resist the insecticides...the sad side effect of this new strain of bees will be that their stings will be lethal to humans and livestock.

I live outside of town on a mountain and while I do notice a reduction in conventional honey bees, I do see a lot of bumble bees, carpenter bees, butterflies and hummingbirds, etc.  they may not be as efficient as honey bees and, of course...they don't make the honey we all love...but they are capable, in a limited form, of carrying out the necessary task of pollination to the fruit trees and crops.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#32    Hugo Stiglitz

Hugo Stiglitz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• Man of The People

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

first we start knocking down trees,and now this?

"If you want to walk the Streets of Gold,you got to know the password, ROLL TIDE ROLL."
Paul "BEAR"Bryant

#33    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

I read recently (can't remember where) that it's not just one pesticide, but a witches' brew of about nine.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#34    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Far Traveler

• 5,348 posts

• "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

Ironically, the common denominator is the Bee Keepers themselves and possibly something they themselves are putting in their hives that is causing bees to die. Obviously, it would be something seemingly innocuous, such as a commonly used substance to control mold and mildew.

"An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial."

#35    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,765 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

View Posthammerclaw, on 26 September 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

Ironically, the common denominator is the Bee Keepers themselves and possibly something they themselves are putting in their hives that is causing bees to die. Obviously, it would be something seemingly innocuous, such as a commonly used substance to control mold and mildew.

Any beekeeper, with just two functioning neurons, tests any new product small scale first. You are playing with your livelihood when harm comes to your bees.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users