Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Photoshop can only be rented from now on

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

They are just at the forefront of software development and retail, this is the future that is all...

Change always provokes negative comments, and unless you are into pirated software (ahem :blush: ) this should be an improvement.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 08 July 2013 - 08:20 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#17    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,127 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

I agree, but if it leads to the demise of Shotophop, it's a suicidal business decision I can only welcome.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#18    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 08 July 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

I agree, but if it leads to the demise of Shotophop, it's a suicidal business decision I can only welcome.

It would have to be one hell of a clanger to kill off Photoshop...

Stranger things have happened though. Look at Kodak. A name synonymous with photography, they lost the plot, but through not keeping up rather than trying to push forward too quickly.

It would be odd if we continued to talk about 'Photoshopping' images long after Photoshop's demise.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 08 July 2013 - 09:06 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#19    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

You can still get the legacy version of Photoshop (cs2) for free at http://www.techspot....toshop-cs2.html   The serial numbers are in the description on that page

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#20    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,094 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Image/video editing is certainly getting much more sophisticated, largely driven by the advanced home computing technologies(processor, memory, video card)

Programming such high-level software to utilize the newer technologies takes a lot of time and a lot of people.

I don't know where I was going with this, so I guess I'll leave it at that for now.

#21    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,821 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

View Postpallidin, on 09 July 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Image/video editing is certainly getting much more sophisticated, largely driven by the advanced home computing technologies(processor, memory, video card)

Programming such high-level software to utilize the newer technologies takes a lot of time and a lot of people.

I don't know where I was going with this, so I guess I'll leave it at that for now.

The program is still locally run. Microsoft office 365 involves cloud stored software and 5 pc licenses for $99 for a year. A lot fairer system than Adobes. Implementing this renting system will only involve more people.

#22    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,265 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

GIMP should be more than adequate for the casual home user ...

~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#23    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,727 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 10 July 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

GIMP should be more than adequate for the casual home user ...

~

It is more than adequate for most professional uses too. Many of the 3d source Photoshop plug ins (NoiseNinja, Perfect Resize... etc) can also be run on the Gimp. And if you use the Gimp under Linux/Unix it beats Photoshop under Windows any day hands down (Does not reach the Mac performance though).

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#24    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Any 'professional' using GIMP is not considered a professional.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#25    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,727 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 July 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

Any 'professional' using GIMP is not considered a professional.

anybody who earns money with whatever is a professional... no matter what snobs consider him/her.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#26    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

Anyone that brings me art from software like that, I usually have to re-do because it's never as good as it can be. That means they end up paying me.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#27    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,727 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 July 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

Anyone that brings me art from software like that, I usually have to re-do because it's never as good as it can be. That means they end up paying me.

Doubt you ever had to redo anything I did... not even the stuff I make in Paint (usually known as my 5 minute jobs).

about me

#28    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

It all depends on what it is and what you're going to do with it.

#29    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,727 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 July 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

It all depends on what it is and what you're going to do with it.

Where we are back at my first statement.

about me

#30    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Right. No professionals I know use GIMP. Or Inkscape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users