Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Egypt's President Morsi Is No Longer In Power

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16    Harry_Dresden

Harry_Dresden

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

• Anyone can pick something when they know what it is; It takes real leadership to pick something you're clueless about.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 July 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

Strangely quiet from the White House.

...nothing strange about it at all.. the American led Arab "spring" got rid of secular Middle East dictators and replaced them with leaders sympathetic to Islamic values and terrorists (i.e.Tunisia, Libya and Egypt and very nearly Assad), and NOW it seems that the USA has realized the error of removing Mubarak, and possibly the rest too.. then given the nod to the US lackey, the Egyptian army, to step in and clean up the "Arab Spring" mess..

#17    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

It doesn't seem to occur to a few idiots here and there that the US had very little to do with any of the events in the Arab Spring: that they happened on their own without any plan or interference (except in Libya and even then the interference was not the determining factor).  People do sometimes take their own lives into their own hands.  That the outcomes are good or bad from the perspective of the States is irrelevant anyway.

#18    Harry_Dresden

Harry_Dresden

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,230 posts

• Anyone can pick something when they know what it is; It takes real leadership to pick something you're clueless about.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 04 July 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

It doesn't seem to occur to a few idiots here and there that the US had very little to do with any of the events in the Arab Spring: that they happened on their own without any plan or interference (except in Libya and even then the interference was not the determining factor).  People do sometimes take their own lives into their own hands.  That the outcomes are good or bad from the perspective of the States is irrelevant anyway.

You must certainly be an American.. cause only the naive believe that the USA had nothing to do with the "Arab Spring" which actually started off in Iraq, instigated by Bush and followed through by Osama.. Oops i meant Obama.. and the only reason that America is back tracking, is cause the "cure" Islamic democracy, is worse than the dictator disease.. and without American support helping the locals "take their lives in their own hands" the people in the above mentioned nation, would be better off..

#19    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Well I'm not an American and spent several years of my life fighting Americans, and your assertion just proves to me how muddled your thinking is.  Your post is just nonsense; the States do not have that kinda power.  It is a country in mild decline in the world and cannot control events.

#20    Harry_Dresden

Harry_Dresden

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

Sure Frank..

#21    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

It's interesting that the News on the BBC are careful to emphasise "the Democratically elected president", and not a mention of his support from and for the Muslim Brotherhood and all that crowd. i don't know whether this is deliberate, or just that they see things in simple black & white terms; "Democatically elected: Good".

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#22    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,798 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

We can only hope that this seemingly good turn of events will not osify into a longer standing military junta.
Its seems that Morsi attempted to strengthen his political position at the cost of addressing real social issues, he was guided by theosphic principles and wanted to bring religion into government. That time has gone and the nation could see it wasn't taking them to a better place (as it never does). His failure to introduce a representative democratic parliment was the red flag which signalled his fall from grace.

We can but hope for early elections of a new secular president and then shortly followed by a new Parliment.

I do think there has been rather to much meddling from Washington in the events of the Arab spring, they have been opportunists in the face of a crisis but seem to have consistently backed the wrong horse at the cost of the local populations.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#23    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

More grist for my suspicion of the idea of democracy.  The majority can be a tyranny, as it was in ancient Athens much of the time.

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostHarry_Dresden, on 04 July 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

Sure Frank..
From that I conclude you concede you were wrong.  Either that or at a minimum you concede you have no evidence to support your assertions.

#25    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,779 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

View Postpallidin, on 04 July 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

Just an opinion, but I don't think the MB(Muslim Brotherhood) will go quietly...like you said "it remains to be seen..."

Unless something extraordinary happens with regards to a meeting of minds, I think there will be instead a meeting of swords, so-to-speak.

Naturally they will not go quietly, their problem is that now they have amply demonstrated not being able to effectively govern the country and therefore will be riding into the sunset-- with or without a fight.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#26    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,798 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Like many political movements the MB was born out of terrorism so it seems reasonably likely that in defeat they will return to their old ways. There's was a one shot gun and they blew it big time. They are to big and influential to just fade away.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#27    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,610 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Now that other political parties actually have some organization, new elections might not go the MB's way.  Who knows, the next constitution might even be drafted without the President making decree's that he cannot be second guessed by the courts.

#28    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 04 July 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

It's interesting that the News on the BBC are careful to emphasise "the Democratically elected president", and not a mention of his support from and for the Muslim Brotherhood and all that crowd. i don't know whether this is deliberate, or just that they see things in simple black & white terms; "Democatically elected: Good".
I've noticed the same flavour from our own news networks - it bothered me, no one straight out stated the Egyptian people's concerns with Morsi, it was all about him not achieving what he claimed he would and the Egyptian people not perceiving they got what they voted for - yep as vague as that, since when is this kind of news not followed up by a play by play account of what created the situation - never, until now.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#29    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,798 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

Our great western leaders are starting to become concerned about their own positions. Europe is only one crisis away from a popular uprising sweeping the south.
Cannot have it reported that such an approach can get results !!

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#30    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,648 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 July 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

they sure did, but that was when they were a Staunch ally against Assad and other sources of Evil. They probably hoped to build up Egypt as another bastion against Evil like those other beacons of human rights, S. Arabia.

I think the Colonel is correct. US military aid to The Land Of the Pharaohs has been flowing since the Sadat-Begin peace agreement brokered by then-President Carter. It's nothing new, unless one is adjusting for inflation.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users