Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Kyoto’s Ghost Candy Shop

kyoto’s ghost candy shop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,338 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

One summer night, after a usual, uneventful day Sobei, the owner of the shop, locked the front door to go to bed. After a short time he heard someone knocking at the door. He lit a candle and went to the door and said, “Who is it?” Then he heard a woman’s voice saying “Sorry to bother you this late, but could you give me some candy?” So he opened the door to find a young woman standing there. She said again. “I know it’s very late, but I really need some candy.” He felt there was something a little strange about her and thought she might be some kind of sweet-toothed candy addict. But anyway, he wrapped some candy in a bamboo sheath and gave it to her.

The next night, she came again and got some candy. This went on for six days even on a rainy nights when she would be soaking wet.

http://openkyoto.com...candy-shop.html

Posted Image

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,174 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

I was hoping it was one of those "went to the candy store, it was odd/had old stuff in it/whatever and the next time I went there it wasn't there and noone knows what I'm talking about when I ask about it" type stories.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users