Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why am I full of self doubts, what do I fear?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    SereneScene

SereneScene

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:51 AM

I am going on 24 years old, I feel like I have not truly set my life in motion, I have ideas of what I might want to do but something holds me back, fear of the unknown? I dont know whats wrong with me, this is a constant struggle for me, am I just depressed? Do I over analyze? I just dont know...

If anyone can please spare a reading, pick up on something it would be appreciated.

#2    Lorelilly

Lorelilly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

• Godís drifting in heaven, devilís in the mailbox
    I got dust on my shoes, nothing but teardrops.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

View PostSereneScene, on 04 July 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

I am going on 24 years old, I feel like I have not truly set my life in motion, I have ideas of what I might want to do but something holds me back, fear of the unknown? I dont know whats wrong with me, this is a constant struggle for me, am I just depressed? Do I over analyze? I just dont know...

If anyone can please spare a reading, pick up on something it would be appreciated.
I don't do readings but I have years of experience in life. Don't worry about the "I'm 24" part. At 24 most people are struggling and afraid. You think," I'm supposed to be grown up but I still feel like a kid..."   And that's normal.

If you have ideas of what you want to do pick the ONE you love the most and JUMP!  Failure will happen, that's a given. But in every failure there is a lesson learned, and that holds true at any age. And if you take anything away from this crazy lady typing at you tonight...it's regrets. Don't look back in 20 years and regret that you didn't at least try. You're 24, your life stands before you waiting for you to lead it.... now go!

pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until in our despair there comes wisdom through the awful grace of God  ~Aeschylus

#3    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,508 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

I don't do readings but, to me, your user name and avatar belie the title of your thread.

I'm turning 50 next month and I've 'redesigned' myself about a half a dozen times. I don't think that it matters what you 'set off to do'. By the time you're my age it'll be something else completely different. Trust me, as long as you maintain good friends and family, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Just another thing. You asked if you might 'over analyze'. I think that if you ask that type of question, you already know the answer.

:) Happy trails, SS.

#4    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:56 AM

I tottally agree with the first two posts. I don't do readings anymore, but I will say from talking to you for a bit in chat, you seem laid back. Maybe your too comfortable where your at? I was that way for a long long time. My life started early, and I'm only 26 myself. I wanted to go to school forever, talked about, no one took me seriously, and then one day I did what lilly said. I JUMPED! Now I'm a sophmore and studying what I find interesting in life.

Trust me, many people our age around us are getting married, pregnant, starting families, etc. Just don't compare yourself to them. Your path is different! Take a couple risks, take a class you can't afford, introduce yourself to that tattooed man on the bus, lick a shoe! Whatever your forte is! Have fun, just take it one step at a time. I find writing a list out (no matter how many times or years it takes) and try to cross off as much as you can. Life is a colored crazy game of stratego/jenga/candyland/life/guesswho? So pick up a pen, write a goal for tomorrow, set that down in a place where you'll see it, and DO IT to it magoo!

(Please excuse my jabberness, i'm a bit tuckered tonight). You got this man, don't be afraid to research either, and don't be afraid to NOT research. Jump on one leg, eat a taco from one of those food trucks, smoke an electronic ciggarette, adopt that chihuaha with one leg named Zaboo! Have fun, be silly, make a face. Also, Have a good one man! God Bless!

Edited by Jessem, 04 July 2013 - 03:58 AM.

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#5    Lorelilly

Lorelilly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

• Godís drifting in heaven, devilís in the mailbox
    I got dust on my shoes, nothing but teardrops.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:11 AM

View PostJessem, on 04 July 2013 - 03:56 AM, said:

I tottally agree with the first two posts. I don't do readings anymore, but I will say from talking to you for a bit in chat, you seem laid back. Maybe your too comfortable where your at? I was that way for a long long time. My life started early, and I'm only 26 myself. I wanted to go to school forever, talked about, no one took me seriously, and then one day I did what lilly said. I JUMPED! Now I'm a sophmore and studying what I find interesting in life.

Trust me, many people our age around us are getting married, pregnant, starting families, etc. Just don't compare yourself to them. Your path is different! Take a couple risks, take a class you can't afford, introduce yourself to that tattooed man on the bus, lick a shoe! Whatever your forte is! Have fun, just take it one step at a time. I find writing a list out (no matter how many times or years it takes) and try to cross off as much as you can. Life is a colored crazy game of stratego/jenga/candyland/life/guesswho? So pick up a pen, write a goal for tomorrow, set that down in a place where you'll see it, and DO IT to it magoo!

(Please excuse my jabberness, i'm a bit tuckered tonight). You got this man, don't be afraid to research either, and don't be afraid to NOT research. Jump on one leg, eat a taco from one of those food trucks, smoke an electronic ciggarette, adopt that chihuaha with one leg named Zaboo! Have fun, be silly, make a face. Also, Have a good one man! God Bless!
I'd hug you if I could! You said everything I couldn't. I swear to God the advice you gave should be printed in every high school or college diploma. Well Said!

pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until in our despair there comes wisdom through the awful grace of God  ~Aeschylus

#6    SereneScene

SereneScene

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

Well guys I actually am NOT comfortable in my current situation, I desperatly want a change of life, pace, I want to join the Military, possibly the Marines or Air Force, I think I have a fear of the unknown though, I know the Military will change my life and show me many different things and at times I am ready and set on doing it but at other times the fact that I am gonna do it causes a bit of uneasyness in me, its like Im scared to take that plunge, that risk.

Im not scared of fighting, im not scared of being away from my family, quite frankly im not really sure what exactly im afraid of....this is why I say I am scared of the unknown.

I know does not make too much sense...I have a fear of...something, I just cant figure out what.

#7    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,508 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostSereneScene, on 04 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

Well guys I actually am NOT comfortable in my current situation, I desperatly want a change of life, pace, I want to join the Military, possibly the Marines or Air Force, I think I have a fear of the unknown though, I know the Military will change my life and show me many different things and at times I am ready and set on doing it but at other times the fact that I am gonna do it causes a bit of uneasyness in me, its like Im scared to take that plunge, that risk.

Im not scared of fighting, im not scared of being away from my family, quite frankly im not really sure what exactly im afraid of....this is why I say I am scared of the unknown.

I know does not make too much sense...I have a fear of...something, I just cant figure out what.

Your inner voice is saying 'well, don't do that'. I like my inner voice. It's helped me many times.

But, you said 'you want to join the military'.

Is that really true?

#8    _Only

_Only

• 6,346 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

Is it maybe a fear that you either won't succeed, or that it might not be all you hope it is (whatever life choice you make)?

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#9    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

Makes alot of sense buddy! When I say comfortable, I don't mean like cozy, or happy. I mean where you are now is kind of a safe spot. Whether you live at home, by yourself, work an average Job etc. Your comfortable in a state of either dependability or at a crossroads, and sometimes we can sit there for years. Also, you may not know what your afraid of, but atleast you can admit you have a fear. You gott a break free from it. If it's the marines, if you haven't already, talk to a recruiter; or better yet, start to study for the asvab. You won't figure it out until you defeat it my friend! Another piece of advice, stop feeding the fear, what your doing is causing yourself to be afraid even moreso, instead tell the fear that it's nothing. Speak it out loud, you have power over it! Verbal words are alot more powerful than we realize.

View PostLorelilly, on 04 July 2013 - 04:11 AM, said:

I'd hug you if I could! You said everything I couldn't. I swear to God the advice you gave should be printed in every high school or college diploma. Well Said!

Thank you Lilly :blush: :D

Edited by Jessem, 04 July 2013 - 04:58 AM.

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,383 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

I don't think life began for me till I was 35.  Before that it was just angst and dodging bullets.  One nice thing about being young is that you can start over and redefine yourself a few times.

#11    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,188 posts

• Ah, but I was so much older then,
    I'm younger than that now. Dylan

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

Just my opinion:
The Marines or Air Force? Aren't they very different, kind of opposite ends in the military? Maybe you just need to research each a bit more to feel more sure or decide on something else. Never, EVER blindly listen to a recruiter! Ask someone who is in the military or just got out! Triple check whatever a recruiter tells you!

Edited by QuiteContrary, 04 July 2013 - 08:18 AM.

"That was definitely a bigfoot, you could tell by the bear-shaped body" YT poster

#12    SereneScene

SereneScene

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 04 July 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Just my opinion:
The Marines or Air Force? Aren't they very different, kind of opposite ends in the military? Maybe you just need to research each a bit more to feel more sure or decide on something else. Never, EVER blindly listen to a recruiter! Ask someone who is in the military or just got out! Triple check whatever a recruiter tells you!

Yea they really are, one is very MILITARY and the other is more job like. Ive read up and researched both a lot, I see the pros and cons of both and I like both for different reasons.

Honestly its hard for me to pick anything in life and say "this is it! This is what I have been searching for!" And run with it with full dedication.

#13    SereneScene

SereneScene

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostJessem, on 04 July 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

Makes alot of sense buddy! When I say comfortable, I don't mean like cozy, or happy. I mean where you are now is kind of a safe spot. Whether you live at home, by yourself, work an average Job etc. Your comfortable in a state of either dependability or at a crossroads, and sometimes we can sit there for years. Also, you may not know what your afraid of, but atleast you can admit you have a fear. You gott a break free from it. If it's the marines, if you haven't already, talk to a recruiter; or better yet, start to study for the asvab. You won't figure it out until you defeat it my friend! Another piece of advice, stop feeding the fear, what your doing is causing yourself to be afraid even moreso, instead tell the fear that it's nothing. Speak it out loud, you have power over it! Verbal words are alot more powerful than we realize.

I understand what you mean, I could stay at this same spot for a few years,have this same job, stay in the same spot but I would seriously hate my life...I have to find something!

#14    Doctor Night

Doctor Night

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

I think you are afraid to make 'decisions' hon. We all are. At every age. Just make each decision to walk the next step and take a chance that you are going in the right direction. You will always know if it is the best decision.  You will never stay the same. You will probably end up changing your personality traits, beliefs with each passing year. I am not the same person I was 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago, 40 years ago...........I may even be different at the end of this day!!! B)

It's all just a  journey hon. Have as much fun as you can with it. You are the creator of your own 'story'. Make a good one for yourself!!

Madman of the evening!

#15    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,085 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

Maybe you are hesitant on the military because deep down it isn't what you want.  It really isn't for everyone.  How would you handle killing someone or watching your buddy die?

Sometimes our path in life isn't immediately evident but you will find it.  Don't be surprised if it changes either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users