As for not praying to any " power ", I " pray " in my own way. When people are hurting I ask for help for them, I am not asking anyone in particular, more like :
" Please, someone help these people "
And, it is a prayer of sorts. This goes for animals, myself, my parents, my wife, etc.....
I may not know what to believe, but there is nothing wrong with asking for help, maybe someone is listening and just might answer.
For me, I was baptised Lutheran. I saw to many people lying, and not following what they preach. I have witnessed this with Mormons, Christians, Jewish, etc,etc,etc.
I have read the Bible, and started on the Quran ( spelling? )....To many things in both I can not see being moral, or even possible. ( the flood for one ).
Buddhism would be a great fit for me, for what I have read anyway. Although, I could see myself being heathen.
Anyway, just rambling.....
How I live my life with no religion....
1. I help anyone that I can help, strangers included.As long as they are trying to help themselves.
2. I treat everyone, and everything how I want to be treated.
3. I do not judge people by how they look, how much money they have, or how clean their house is. I do judge people, by how they act, and how they present themselves to others, and to other things. ( Animals, environment, etc. )
4. I treat the environment and nature with respect, as I want to see my Grandchildren get to enjoy it.
5. I do everything I can to support my family, whether I like it or not.
6. I do not yell at anyone, I talk to everyone, and speak exactly how I feel. I do not sugarcoat anything, and I will not enable anyone by saying what they want to hear.
Anyway, have a great day