Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

what is america

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,363 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

America is the result of thirteen colonies winning their freedom from england during the revalution.

The new thirteen nations know that they had to work together other wise england and other nations would just reobsorb them.

It took them twelve years to come up with our consttution.  Out lining what the federal governments relationship is with the states.  It took them another year to come up with the bill of rights, the first ten amendments.

They made it hard for any law to be passed and even harder to make amendments to the constitution.  They didn't want the people t be burden with tons of laws.  Which we re today.

Starting in the sixties the federal government passed laws forceing us to assiate with people we didn't want.  The out come of that as murder and the recreation of the kkk and the black panthers.  The other result was several people got power over the people of different groups.  People like jesse jackson and al sharpton.

In my fifty years I hae seen the government taking more and more power from the people.  The result, an  attack on the bill of rights.  Not, just government but special interest groups.

When I went to school we said the pledge, no prayer.  The seventies and early eighties.  When we had that so called oil mproblem in the eighties, I was laughing because I knewat the time that we had capped nineout of ten oil wells.  I am no longer laughing.

During the nineties we were being punished for have a great economy.  In 2001 we were attacked.  That was when the government made its biggest power grab.  Funny, they called it the patriot act.  This gave the government the arrest anyone without a reason and hold them forever.

The courts during the fifty years started to dis honor our troops by removing cross monuments because someone didn't like the cross.  I don't use the cross myself.  I just wonder if these people know about all the christians who died in wars, to give them the right fo them to dis-honor those troops.

Obama pushes through the second largest power grab in our history.  We call it obama care.  The supreme court oks the power grab.  Saying the federal government has the right to force us to buy something we don't want.

All of this power grab and we do nothing. In fact we cheer bas our rights disappear.  Saying take that right if it will potect us.

The city of new york is doing an uconstitutional search of people in new york, called stop and frisk and people like bill o'reilly thinks it is a good thing.

WE NEED TO STAND UP AND DEMAND OUR RIGHTS BACK.

Have a good fourth and start the campainge on the fifth.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Oh dear, well look on the bright side, Cameron could be your prime minister today if you were still under British rule....trust me! count yourself lucky you got out of that one in time!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,363 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

If we were still under british rule.  Hitler would have won ww2.  Because we wouldn't have had the strenght to defeat mhim.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#4    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,870 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#5    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

View Postdanielost, on 04 July 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Starting in the sixties the federal government passed laws forceing us to assiate with people we didn't want.

I've always suspected you were a closet racist. That kind of thinking went out of style some time ago.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#6    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Starting in the sixties the federal government passed laws forceing us to assiate with people we didn't want.  The out come of that as murder and the recreation of the kkk and the black panthers.  The other result was several people got power over the people of different groups.  People like jesse jackson and al sharpton.

Can you clarify your thoughts here. Your mention of Jackson and Sharpton suggests you're talking of black people. Now, history's not my strong point but I have to pick you up on a couple of things here.

For now, I'll ignore your apparent virulent racism. You say "passed laws forceing us to assiate with people we didn't want". These are Americans you're talking about here. And their ancestors were reluctant immigrants (to say the least). I'm sure they would rather have stayed where they were. So how can you possibly justify calling them "people we didn't want"? If anything, they were forced to associate with you - not the other way round.

#7    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,405 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

I think overall in the last generation or so the States have become more free, not less.  Women have more opportunity, as do linguistic and racial minorities and of course gays.  Divorce laws have become less restrictive, as have laws regarding gambling and alcohol and various other "sins"  It is even possible to have your business open on Sundays in most areas if you want.

Certainly the press, and especially the movie industry, has been tremendously liberated with the lifting of all the censorship, allowing them to portray the world as it really is.  Academic freedom is also far more a reality than before.

There are some areas where freedom has been diminishing, mainly because of the interest of selfish corporate interest.  The most noticeable has been the massive expansion of laws protecting what are called "intellectual property," having the effect of enabling corporations to prevent films and books from even being available except at times when they can maximize their profit, and with copyrights extending for ridiculously long periods of time.

Another area where freedom has diminished has been the rise of the threat of lawsuits over even minor injuries and the development of outrageous judgments, so that a lot of products and services that might otherwise be available have disappeared from the market because of perceived or minor dangers.  The old maxim of caveat emptor seems to have been forgotten.

The two political parties seem to have gotten such a stranglehold on political power and the legal profession within them has become so dominant that it is not almost impossible for any private citizen without tons and tons of money to launch a credible bid for public office.  Also the parties are now such that in any reasonably close election the actual winner can be upset by the party that controls the voting apparatus.

#8    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,870 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

Starting in the sixties the federal government passed laws forceing us to assiate with people we didn't want.  

If that is meant the way it sounds, it is a shameful and disgusting thing to say.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,975 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

America was an experiment in human freedom.  America still is the freest place on the planet in many ways but it is succumbing to rot and ignorance from within and being strangled by economic pressures by external threats.  Vilified by many and coveted by more, it is the greatest example of what free people can accomplish when working together to create OR destroy...  It is also an example of how human weakness eventually tears down all that ingenuity and hard work can build.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#10    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,363 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

View Postninjadude, on 04 July 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

I've always suspected you were a closet racist. That kind of thinking went out of style some time ago.

You don't know what your talking about.  But that is nothing knew.  I have made myself clear on my feelings of gays.  What makes you think I would hide being a racest.

#11    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

View Postdanielost, on 05 July 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

What makes you think I would hide being a racest.

You don't hide it.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,405 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

I don't think the States have ever been the "freest" place on earth  Iceland and the Dutch Republic and Switzerland have always been freer.  Nowadays most countries are significantly freer -- the US is bogged in legal cobwebs and procedures and keeps far more people in its jails than almost any other country.  This business about American freedom is something drummed into little kids heads and people seem to just want to believe it in spite of the abundant evidence otherwise.

Nor is "freedom" by itself such a good thing.  Yes none of us want to be slaves, but we must have laws.  A balance between intelligent laws and freedom is optimal.  Further, the state acting to re-balance wealth somewhat and to generally improve living standards and quality are all good things, and sometimes involve infringing freedoms -- such as the freedom of merchants to gouge their customers when they have a monopolistic situation.

View Postdanielost, on 05 July 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

You don't know what your talking about.  But that is nothing knew.  I have made myself clear on my feelings of gays.  What makes you think I would hide being a racest.
To be honest you really do come across as a racist, and denying it achieves nothing.

#13    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,363 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 05 July 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

If that is meant the way it sounds, it is a shameful and disgusting thing to say.

All I am saying in that statement is many people died because the government had to force people together.  Don't tell me you have never watched those movies.  Where they bus white students to an all black school or black students to an all white school.  Both ended in violence.

The samething may happen with your gay bodies.  I won't be part of it.

#14    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:14 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 July 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

I don't think the States have ever been the "freest" place on earth  Iceland and the Dutch Republic and Switzerland have always been freer.  Nowadays most countries are significantly freer -- the US is bogged in legal cobwebs and procedures and keeps far more people in its jails than almost any other country.  This business about American freedom is something drummed into little kids heads and people seem to just want to believe it in spite of the abundant evidence otherwise.

Nor is "freedom" by itself such a good thing.  Yes none of us want to be slaves, but we must have laws.  A balance between intelligent laws and freedom is optimal.  Further, the state acting to re-balance wealth somewhat and to generally improve living standards and quality are all good things, and sometimes involve infringing freedoms -- such as the freedom of merchants to gouge their customers when they have a monopolistic situation.

Whats your definition of freedom?

Edited by acidhead, 05 July 2013 - 03:14 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#15    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,870 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

View Postdanielost, on 05 July 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

All I am saying in that statement is many people died because the government had to force people together.  Don't tell me you have never watched those movies.  Where they bus white students to an all black school or black students to an all white school.  Both ended in violence.

The samething may happen with your gay bodies.  I won't be part of it.

Wow....just...wow.
You are a backward and disgusting person. I truly hope that your America never exists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users