Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Confucius Answered...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,750 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostRon Jeremy, on 13 July 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Cult? What cult? My opinion on supernatural is my own idea. It wasn't injected by no one.

You keep bringing up you experience with the group you belonged too when you were in college....sounds like a cult to me, the effects seem to be long lasting.  Here is quote from this thread that you posted
:

My hostility to supernatural views and mysticism came from my own very personal experiences. But honestly I don't want others to go through the same ordeal because half of you would end up killing yourselves if you went through it.

If I am wrong about this, fine, ignore me ;-)....it is often hard to get each right when all we do is post.  You take on the christian faith is certainly not mine, nor of many Christians that I know.  Though there is Westboro isn't there?

Peace
mark

#17    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,792 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

I don't think Ron wants to be a Christian and there is nothing wrong with that. He is Ron and well eventually find his way.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#18    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,355 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

It's more like I don't want to go back to Christianity.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#19    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,750 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostRon Jeremy, on 14 July 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

It's more like I don't want to go back to Christianity.

Thanks Ron for the clarification.  Like I said, writing can be a diffiuclt medium in understanding deeply where someone is coming from.  I wish you the best, the very best.

peace
mark

#20    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,750 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 13 July 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

I don't think Ron wants to be a Christian and there is nothing wrong with that. He is Ron and well eventually find his way.

Yeah, I agree now, that is why it is always good to ask ;-).  Today, there is a lot of going to and fro, lots of things to study and people to talk to.  Gives people a wider avenue to look at the world.

peace
mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users