Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Deaths of JFK Witnesses

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

Some writers who have investigated the assassination of John F. Kennedy have claimed that a large number of witnesses to the event have died in mysterious circumstances. The Sunday Times reported that "the odds against these witnesses being dead by February, 1967, were one hundred thousand trillion to one." When the Select Committee on Assassinations questioned the newspaper reporter who wrote the article, he admitted he had made a "careless journalistic mistake".

Taken from http://www.spartacus...k/JFKdeaths.htm

Actually, the odds of all these people who were either witnesses, or connected to Oswald, is more like:

The calculated probability that at least eighteen witnesses would die of any cause within three years of the JFK assassination was 1 in 100,000 trillion.”
—Jim Marrs, New York Times bestselling author of Crossfire

1400 JFK-related witnesses, the probability of at least

- 15 UNNATURAL deaths within ONE year of the assassination: 1 in 167 TRILLION.
- 33 UNNATURAL deaths within THREE years: 1 in 137 TRILLION TRILLION.
- 70 UNNATURAL deaths from 1964-77: 1 in 714 MILLION TRILLION TRILLION.
- 40 HOMICIDES from 1964-77: 1 in a BILLION TRILLION TRILLION TRILLION.

552 Warren Commission witnesses
- EXACTLY 10 HOMICIDES in THREE years: 1 in 31,000 TRILLION.
- EXACTLY 14 HOMICIDES from 1964-1977: 1 in 4,000 TRILLION.

David Ferrie:

On 17th February, 1967, The New Orleans States-Item reported that Garrison was investigating the assassination of Kennedy. It also said that one of the suspects was David Ferrie. Five days later Ferrie's body was found in his New Orleans apartment. Although two suicide notes were found, the coroner did not immediately classify the death as a suicide, noting there were indications Ferrie may have suffered a brain hemorrhage.

Taken from: http://www.spartacus...k/JFKferrie.htm

Mary Pinchot Meyer:

According to his biography, Flashbacks (1983) Timothy Leary claims that Mary phoned him the day after Kennedy was assassinated: "They couldn't control him any more. He was changing too fast. He was learning too much... They'll cover everything up. I gotta come see you. I'm scared. I'm afraid."

Taken from: http://www.spartacus...k/JFKmeyerM.htm

Gary Underhill told friends that he feared for his life: "I know who they are. That's the problem. They know I know. That's why I'm here. I can't stay in New York." Underhill was found dead on 8th May 1964. He had been shot in the head and it was officially ruled that he had committed suicide. However, in his book, Destiny Betrayed (1992), James DiEugenio claimed that the bullet entered the right-handed Underhill's head behind the left ear.

Taken: http://www.spartacus...k/JFKdeaths.htm

Nancy Carole Tyler worked as secretary to Bobby Baker. At the time of the assassination she was living with Mary Jo Kopechne, who worked for George Smathers (she later became secretary to Robert Kennedy). According to W. Penn Jones Jr, it was Tyler and Kopechne who told Baker that John F. Kennedy planned to replace Lyndon B. Johnsonas vice president. Tyler died in a plane crash, near Ocean City, Maryland, on 10th May, 1965. Kopechne was later to die in the car of Edward Kennedy on 18th July, 1969.

Taken from: http://www.spartacus...k/JFKdeaths.htm

Edited by Saru, 05 July 2013 - 08:06 PM.
Trimmed quote lengths

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Oink oink ... said Napoleon ....

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

How The CIA Can Kill Someone With A Heart Attack Gun:
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=tzIw44w00ow

Murdering With the CIA Heart Attack Gun:
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=4_EAURrVh8U

Edited by Kowalski, 05 July 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#4    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Good work, Kowalski! :tsu:

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

I guess they couldn't control Lincoln any more either.

#6    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Check this site out: http://www.assassina...1n2/deaths.html

In the three-year period which followed the murder of President Kennedy and Lee Harvey Oswald, 18 material witnesses died - six by gunfire, three in motor accidents, two by suicide, one from a cut throat, one from a karate chop to the neck, three from heart attacks and two from natural causes.

Yet it is now well established that the CIA was developing a wide-range of lethal techniques for disposing of people dating back to the early 1950s. Testifying before the Church Committee in 1975, CIA technicians told of a variety of TWEP technology - Termination With Extreme Prejudice - including liquid botulinum toxins and a pulmonary-embolism-causing pill which cannot be detected in a post-mortem examination.

Edited by Saru, 05 July 2013 - 08:06 PM.
Trimmed quote lengths

#7    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,497 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Well... .since they actually did die, I would say the odds are more like 100%...

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

The death of Lee Bowers, Jr. Is definitely weird....

On 22nd November, 1963, Bowers was working in a high tower overlooking the Dealey Plaza in Dallas. He had a good view of the presidential motorcade and was able to tell theWarren Commission about the three cars that entered the forbidden area just before the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
Bowers also reported seeing two men standing near the picket fence on the Grassy Knoll. He added: "These men were the only two strangers in the area. The others were workers whom I knew." Bowers said the two men were there while the shots were fired.
Mark Lane interviewed Bowers for his book Rush to Judgment (1966): "At the time of the shooting, in the vicinity of where the two men I have described were, there was a flash of light or, as far as I am concerned, something I could not identify, but there was something which occurred which caught my eye in this immediate area on the embankment. Now, what this was, I could not state at that time and at this time I could not identify it, other than there was some unusual occurrence - a flash of light or smoke or something which caused me to feel like something out of the ordinary had occurred there."

According to W. Penn Jones Jr, the editor of the Texas Midlothian Mirror , Bowers received death threats after giving evidence to the Warren Commission and Mark Lane.
On 9th August, 1966, Lee Bowers was killed when his car left the road and crashed into a concrete abutment in Midlothian, Texas. Robert J. Groden later reported "Lee Bowers was heading west here on highway sixty-seven heading from Midlothian down to Cleburne and according to an eyewitness he was driven off the road by a black car. Drove him into this bridge abutment. He didn't die immediately, he held on for four hours and during that time he was talking to the ambulance people and told them that he felt he had been drugged when he stopped for coffee back there a few miles in Midlothian."

Taken from http://www.spartacus...k/JFKbowers.htm

His testimony given to the Warren Commission can be read in the link above.
Bowers was played by Pruitt Taylor Vince in the 1991 film JFK.

Edited by Kowalski, 05 July 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#9    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

Lee Bowers, Jr is definitely the key that opened the pandora box ... without him we'll still be believing that 'magic' bullet and Lee HArvey Oswald is the ballistic magus

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#10    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 05 July 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Lee Bowers, Jr is definitely the key that opened the pandora box ... without him we'll still be believing that 'magic' bullet and Lee HArvey Oswald is the ballistic magus

That's very true.
I can't remember where I saw it, but I saw a documentary on Discovery, which completely debunked the whole "magic bullet" theory....I think I saw it last year.

#11    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

This is interesting about Jack Ruby on here:

http://educationforu...?showtopic=8618

And on here:

http://www.spartacus....uk/JFKruby.htm

Could he have been injected with cancer like he claims? Or maybe he was injected with thalium?

#12    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

A lot of people don't remember that Jim Garrison proved in court that there was a conspiracy, but he didn't win the case against the people he accused of being part of the conspiracy such as Clay Shaw

At the trial's conclusion — after the prosecution and the defense had presented their cases — the jury took 54 minutes on March 1, 1969, to find Clay Shaw not guilty.
Attorney and author Mark Lane said that he interviewed several jurors after the trial. Although these interviews have never been published, Lane said that some of the jurors believed that Garrison had in fact proven a conspiracy to kill President Kennedy, but that Garrison had not adequately linked the conspiracy to Shaw or provided a motive.[52][53] However, author and playwright James Kirkwood, who was a personal friend of Clay Shaw, said that he spoke to several jury members who denied ever speaking to Lane.[54] Kirkwood also cast doubt on Lane's claim that the jury believed there was a conspiracy.[55] In his book American Grotesque, Kirkwood said that jury foreman Sidney Hebert told him: "I didn't think too much of the Warren Report either until the trial. Now I think a lot more of it than I did before...." [56]

wiki link

Even today there are continuing efforts to smear the reputation of Mr Garrison ... and still insisting Lee is the 'lone' assassin ... I remember his wife ~Marina~ went on Oprah  and the interview shone a big spot light on the way the investigation on Lee Harvey Oswald part in the shooting was conducted ...

There are some that is calling for the case to be reopened :

"oswald not guilty" blog with an extensive bio :

Conclusion:
As more evidence is released, despite media support for the official version, the responsible scholar or citizen needs to be aware that there are good reasons why "conspiracy theorists" are concerned about the truth concerning the murder of President John F. Kennedy. Calls to have the case reopened have fallen on deaf ears: apparently, we must wait until all the witnesses are dead before the last files on Oswald will be released. Even then, nobody knows if what we see then will be the truth, or falsified. There is no doubt whatsoever that Oswald's case was mishandled: the tragedy is that President John F. Kennedy's death, for whatever reasons, was not properly investigated.

link

Marina's testimony and transcripts link
The links to the transcripts of her interview on Oprah is all gone  :(

~

'

#13    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 05 July 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

A lot of people don't remember that Jim Garrison proved in court that there was a conspiracy, but he didn't win the case against the people he accused of being part of the conspiracy such as Clay Shaw

That's true! Even the United States House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) concluded that there was a conspiracy to assassinate Kennedy.

View Postthird_eye, on 05 July 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

wiki link

Even today there are continuing efforts to smear the reputation of Mr Garrison ... and still insisting Lee is the 'lone' assassin ... I remember his wife ~Marina~ went on Oprah  and the interview shone a big spot light on the way the investigation on Lee Harvey Oswald part in the shooting was conducted ...

There are some that is calling for the case to be reopened :

"oswald not guilty" blog with an extensive bio :

link

Marina's testimony and transcripts link
The links to the transcripts of her interview on Oprah is all gone  :(

~

Thanks for the links!

I saw an episode of "Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura" and he talked to Marina, off camera, and when he asked her about Oswald being in the CIA she told him, How much do you value your life and the lives of your children? :o

#14    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

(4) San Jose Mercury News (28th September, 1988)

Twenty-five years after the assassination of President Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald's widow says she now believes Oswald did not act alone in the killing.
''I think he was caught between two powers - the government and organized crime,'' said Marina Oswald Porter in the November issue of Ladies' Home Journal, published Tuesday.
Testimony by Oswald's widow, who married Dallas carpenter Kenneth Porter in 1965, helped the Warren Commission conclude that a deranged Oswald acted alone in the Nov. 22, 1963, assassination.
''When I was questioned by the Warren Commission, I was a blind kitten,'' she said. The commission, appointed to investigate the assassination, concluded it was the work of a single gunman, Oswald. But in 1979, the House Select Committee on Assassinations, relying in part on acoustical evidence, concluded that a conspiracy was likely and that it may have involved organized crime.
Since then, Porter, 47, has drawn new conclusions. ''I don't know if Lee shot him,'' she said. ''I'm not saying that Lee is innocent, that he didn't know about the conspiracy or was not a part of it, but I am saying he's not necessarily guilty of murder.''
''At first, I thought that Jack Ruby (who killed Oswald two days after the assassination) was swayed by passion; all of America was grieving,'' she said. ''But later, we found that he had connections with the underworld. Now, I think Lee was killed to keep his mouth shut.''
Porter said that in retrospect, Oswald seemed professionally schooled in secretiveness, ''and I believe he worked for the American government.''
''He was taught the Russian language when he was in the military. Do you think that is usual, that an ordinary soldier is taught Russian? Also, he got in and out of Russia quite easily, and he got me out quite easily,'' said the Russian-born Porter. She had emigrated from the Soviet Union in 1961 after marrying Oswald, who had defected to the Soviets and then changed his mind and returned to the United States.
In the months preceding the assassination, a man posing as Oswald reportedly appeared in several public places in the Dallas area.
''I learned afterward that someone who said he was Lee had been going around looking to buy a car, having a drink in a bar. I'm telling you, Lee did not drink, and he didn't know how to drive.
''And afterward, the FBI took me to a store in Fort Worth where Lee was supposed to have gone to buy a gun. Someone even described me and said I was with him. This woman was wearing a maternity outfit like one I had. But I had never been there,'' she said.
Porter said she hopes the truth will emerge when the Warren Commission materials are declassified.
''Look, I'm walking through the woods, trying to find a path, just like all of us,'' she said.

Link: http://www.spartacus.../JFKoswaldM.htm

5) Marina Oswald Porter, letter to John Tunheim (19th April, 1996)

I am writing to you regarding the release of still classified documents related to the assassination of President Kennedy and to my former husband, Lee Harvey Oswald.
Specifically, I am writing to ask about documents I have learned of from a recent book and from a story in the Washington Post by the authors of the same book (as well as other documents they have described to me). The book reviews Dallas police, FBI, and CIA files released since 1992, and places them in the context of previously known information. I would like to know what the Review Board is doing to obtain the following:
1. The Dallas field office and headquarters FBI reports on the arrests of Donnell D. Whitter and Lawrence R. Miller in Dallas on November 18, 1963 with a carload of stolen US army weapons. I believe that Lee Oswald was the FBI informant who made these arrests possible. I would also like to know what your board has done to obtain the reports of the US Marshal and the US Army on the same arrests, and the burglary these men were suspected of.
2. The records of the FBI interrogations of John Franklin Elrod, John Forrester Gedney and Harold Doyle (the latter men were previously known as two of the "three tramps") in the Dallas jail November 22-24, 1963. All of these men have stated that they were interrogated during that time by the FBI.
3. The official explanation of why the arrest records for Mr. Elrod, Mr. Gedney and Mr. Doyle, as well as for Daniel Wayne Douglas and Gus Abrams were placed "under federal seal" in the Dallas Police Records Division for 26 years as described by Dallas City Archives supervisor Laura McGhee to the FBI in 1992.
4. The full records of the interrogation of Lee Harvey Oswald, including his interrogation in the presence of John Franklin Elrod as described by Elrod in an FBI report dated August 11, 1964.
5. The reports of army intelligence agent Ed J. Coyle on his investigation of Captain George Nonte, John Thomas Masen, Donnell D. Whitter, Lawrence R. Miller, and/or Jack Ruby. I am also requesting that you obtain agent Coyle's reports as army liaison for presidential protection on November 22, 1963 (as described by Coyle's commanding officer Col. Robert Jones in sworn testimony to the House Select Committee on Assassinations). If the army does not immediately produce these documents, they should be required to produce agent Coyle to explain what happened to his reports.
6. Secret Service reports and tapes of that agency's investigation of Father Walter Machann and Silvia Odio in 1963-64.
7. Reports of the FBI investigation of Cuban exiles in Dallas, to include known but still classified documents on Fermin de Goicochea Sanchez, Father Walter Machann and the Dallas Diocese Catholic Cuban Relocation Committee. These would include informant files for Father Machann and/or reports of interviews of Father Machann by Dallas FBI agent W. Heitman.
8. The full particulars and original of the teletype received by Mr. William Walter in the New Orleans FBI office on the morning of November 17, 1963, warning of a possible assassination attempt on President Kennedy in Dallas. I now believe that my former husband met with the Dallas FBI on November 16, 1963, and provided informant information on which this teletype was based.
9. A full report of Lee Harvey Oswald's visit to the Dallas FBI office on November 16, 1963.
10. A full account of FBI agent James P. Hosty's claim (in his recent book, Assignment Oswald) that Lee Harvey Oswald knew of a planned "paramilitary invasion of Cuba" by "a group of right wing Cuban exiles in outlying areas of New Orleans." We now know that such an invasion was indeed planned by a Cuban group operating on CIA payroll in Miami, New Orleans, and Dallas - the same group infiltrated by Lee Oswald. We know this information only from documents released since 1992, as described in the book I have mentioned. On what basis did agent Hosty believe Lee "had learned" of these plans, unless Lee himself told him this? I am therefore specifically requesting the release of the informant report that Lee Oswald provided to agent Hosty and/or other FBI personnel on this intelligence information.
The time for the Review Board to obtain and release the most important documents related to the assassination of President Kennedy is running out. At the time of the assassination of this great president whom I loved, I was misled by the "evidence" presented to me by government authorities and I assisted in the conviction of Lee Harvey Oswald as the assassin. From the new information now available, I am now convinced that he was an FBI informant and believe that he
did not kill President Kennedy. It is time for Americans to know their full history. On this day when I and all Americans are grieving for the victims of Oklahoma City, I am also thinking of my children and grandchildren, and of all American children, when I insist that your board give the highest priority to the release of the documents I have listed. This is the duty you were charged with by law. Anything else is unacceptable - not just to me, but to all patriotic Americans.

Link: http://www.spartacus.../JFKoswaldM.htm

Edited by Kowalski, 05 July 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#15    Squidfish

Squidfish

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

What about Garrison's main witness Perry Raymond Russo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users