Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

George W. Obama

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

El Espectador, Colombia

George W. Obama
By Santiago Villa

Translated By Talisa Anderson

11 June 2013

Barack Obama lied when he promised to defend the right to privacy and the values of transparency on which his predecessor trampled.

The last two weeks have been perhaps the most enervating for the image of the president of the United States since he assumed office, because his hypocrisy has been laid bare. Barack Obama, who during the 2008 elections presented himself as a candidate who would correct the totalitarian offenses of George W. Bush, once in office, opted to expand the most controversial policies of his predecessor.

The hardest hitting were the revelations of Edward Snowden, a systems technician who worked as a contractor for the National Security Agency. Snowden revealed that, through two secret programs, the NSA collects data communication of hundreds – or thousands – of millions of people around the world.

http://watchingameri...orge-w-obama-2/

Edited by Still Waters, 06 July 2013 - 10:29 AM.
Shortened amount of copied text

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,130 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hmmm... maybe it is Barack H. Bush?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,242 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Why was the text shortened? Is it policy to not include complete articles and force people to go to the source? Important parts o/t article are now cropped..

Edited by Phaeton80, 06 July 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#4    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostPhaeton80, on 06 July 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

Why was the text shortened? Is it policy to not include complete articles and force people to go to the source? Important parts o/t article are now cropped..

It's the Obama administration trying to stop you from voicing your slandering and propaganda.

Edited by krypter3, 06 July 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#5    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,242 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

View Postkrypter3, on 06 July 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

It's the Obama administration trying to stop you from voicing your slandering and propaganda.

Its a serious question. I just dont see the advantage of cropping any article.

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,130 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostPhaeton80, on 06 July 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Its a serious question. I just dont see the advantage of cropping any article.

Do you bother to read the rules before posting on sites?

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,242 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

I do not. My apologies, what was I thinking asking the logic of anything when its defined as 'a rule'.

Please forgive me.

#8    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,130 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostPhaeton80, on 06 July 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

I do not. My apologies, what was I thinking asking the logic of anything when its defined as 'a rule'.

Please forgive me.

See, let me explain it to you, this site belongs to Saru, so he gets to make the rules. And as long as he pays for this service you certainly have no right to question his rules, if you don't like them feel free to stay away.

about me

#9    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,590 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

From the article

As Ron Fournier, National Journal commentator, said, “the Bush-Obama era will long be remembered for curbing the Constitution.”
  I hope this is right and not the beginning of the new norm.

Edited by Hilander, 06 July 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#10    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,678 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostHilander, on 06 July 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

From the article
  I hope this is right and not the beginning of the new norm.

Fournier's comment is gross understatement.

As Kissinger famously stated, the illegal we can do now, the unconstitutional takes a little bit longer.

Obama governs like Bush on steroids. :td:

#11    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,242 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 06 July 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

See, let me explain it to you, this site belongs to Saru, so he gets to make the rules. And as long as he pays for this service you certainly have no right to question his rules, if you don't like them feel free to stay away.

I dont care for your disrespectful tone and simplistic attempts to put words in my mouth. I was merely asking the logic of the rule, nothing more.

Or is it a rule not to ask about the logic of a rule? (thats rhetorical, please feel free to not supply me with another one of your gems in response, mr. questionmark)

Edited by Phaeton80, 06 July 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#12    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,130 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostPhaeton80, on 06 July 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

I dont care for your disrespectful tone and simplistic attempts to put words in my mouth. I was merely asking the logic of the rule, nothing more.

Or is it a rule not to ask about the logic of a rule? (thats rhetorical, please feel free to not supply me with another one of your gems in response, mr. questionmark)

Ok, let me try to explain it at your level: Who pays makes the rules, if you don't like the rules you don't have to use the free service provided by them. Freeloading and the complaining is quite rude. But with $120 a month and some free software (which seems to be what you like FREE) you can make your own site, and the rules. Have a nice day.

about me

#13    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,444 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostPhaeton80, on 06 July 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Please forgive me.

It is because some articles are several pages long and they would take up a lot of bandwidth. For members who have dialup loading can get extremely slow. Therefor to speed everything along it is requested not to post entire articles and provide a link to it in it's entirety.

At least that is what I understand.

#14    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,130 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostMichelle, on 06 July 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

It is because some articles are several pages long and they would take up a lot of bandwidth. For members who have dialup loading can get extremely slow. Therefor to speed everything along it is requested not to post entire articles and provide a link to it in it's entirety.

Quite right, but that is certainly not the point of contention here: The point is this site belongs to Saru and that he gets to make the rules. Period.

about me

#15    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,242 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostMichelle, on 06 July 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

Thank you Michelle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users