Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Gun-wielding Adam Kokesh Menaces CNN

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,611 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

View Postacidhead, on 18 July 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

I believe he will walk and is currently held in custody for the drug charge because he isnt talking to them..... uncooperative.... so the Feds will hold him until the court date.

A libertarian activist arrested for allegedly possessing hallucinogenic mushrooms while also possessing a gun was granted a $5,000 bond Monday, but associates said he might choose to remain in jail to protest the “illegitimate” charges.

*snip*

Kokesh has refused to participate in the legal proceedings against him. During his arraignment Thursday, Kokesh had to be wheeled before a closed-circuit camera that broadcast his image into the courtroom.

On Monday, he did not speak in court.

*snip*

“We’re not thinking he will want to post bond, because of the stipulations and because he wants to make a statement,” Yealey said. “That’s what he does.”

Yealey said Kokesh believes he was within his rights to possess a shotgun and load it in public in the District, as he appeared to do in the July 4 video. On the recording, which was posted on YouTube, Kokesh repeatedly loads the weapon and says: “We will not be silent. We will not obey. We will not allow our government to destroy our humanity. We are the final American Revolution. See you next Independence Day.”

Gun rights activist granted bond in Fairfax County but might remain in jail as protest

Let us see how long he remains silent...

Edited by The world needs you, 18 July 2013 - 05:32 AM.

#32    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,915 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:45 AM

If remaining silent is effective enough to get charges served by search warrant dropped, then there should be no more doubt in anyone's mind how powerful remaining silent in the face of enforcement/prosecution really is.   Even I'll be surprised to the upside if he walks purely on his lack of cooperation when the feds have such a cut-and-dried case against him, no puns intended.   I know he's said "they're not mine" but that never holds up in court when you're charged with possession after a search warrant is served.  And he could just as well say the same thing about the shotgun, but it doesn't really matter if it was his or not.  He held it in DC, armed it, videotaped it, and afterwards kept it in his house.  The legal elements for a possession charge are satisfied.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#33    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,915 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

Adam Vs the Batons

This is how civil change happens folks.  What bureaucrat is going to take credit for it?  It doesn't matter, so who cares.  The passion and courage of individuals is what changes the world.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#34    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,836 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostThe world needs you, on 18 July 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

And so we wait.  Prepare for yet another failed prediction bud...   hope you sleep well.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#35    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,915 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

Once unions were against the law

But slavery was fine

Women were denied the vote

And children worked the mine

The more you study history

The less you can deny it

A rotten law stays on the books

Til folks like us defy it

~Anne Feeney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users