Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UK to join the hunt for alien signals

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,856 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 11 July 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

What do you suggest using?

Cheers,
Badeskov

Mork calling Orson?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#17    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 11 July 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

What do you suggest using?

Cheers,
Badeskov

Nothing. Just Im surprised. I probably ask wrong questions. But thats usual for me when we discuss physics. Didnt know that.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#18    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,488 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

View Postthe L, on 11 July 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

Nothing. Just Im surprised. I probably ask wrong questions. But thats usual for me when we discuss physics. Didnt know that.

Ok, no problem :-) the thing is that radio waves at certain frequencies can pass through our atmosphere unhindered, where most other frequencies cannot. Unfortunately, that is all that we really know how to look for now.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#19    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

But is it possible that clouds on other planet would not allow our radio waves to pass?
What about sending in another frequencies for example from moon?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#20    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,494 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 11 July 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Smoke signals will work just as well.

Worked for Tesla I suppose.....

Didn't he claims to get telepathic signals from Venus?

When he was ripped of his nut on pot.

Edited by psyche101, 12 July 2013 - 05:41 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#21    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,205 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Way too much Information there psyche101 ! Good Old Tesla was on High voltage Indeed !
ANd most likely what ever white powder was in vouge at the time !

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users