Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Osama bin Laden was stopped for speeding

questionmark

The hunt for Osama bin Laden might have ended eight years earlier had a Pakistani traffic policeman spotted the world's most wanted man in a car he had stopped for speeding.

The details are unclear, but according to Pakistan's official investigation obtained by Al Jazeera, bin Laden, his family and his two couriers along with their families would make occasional trips to the bazaar when they lived in Pakistan's Swat Valley during 2002 and 2003.

Maryam, the wife of Ibrahim al-Kuwaiti, a trusted Bin Laden guard, in her testimony to the investigation said they were pulled over by a policeman on one occasion.

In her evidence to the inquiry she said her husband "quickly settled the matter" and the head of al-Qaeda was soon on his way again.

Read more

• Like 1

I doubt they ever had any intentions of arresting Bin Laden anyway.

Wonder if they ever got the property they were promised.

Edited by Hilander

I doubt they ever had any intentions of arresting Bin Laden anyway.

Wonder if they ever got the property they were promised.

That is what I have been saying since 9/11: he came just too opportunely for anybody to really want to catch him.

When he told the copper, "I know your president and his mate, GW Bush", he let him go...

• Like 1

That article is the non-news of the day. They guy lived under the protection of the Pakist. government; in fact practically within an Pakis. armee compound. All he had to do to get away from a speeding ticket was to call on a superior officer.

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 1

The drone strikes SHOULD be on the ISI HQ.....