Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Eugenics alive and well

science; conspiracies; us

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Please note http://news.msn.com/...ew-report-shows

It has long been held that Hitler learned from US eugenics (Margaret Sanger, others). Even the 40's-70's syphilis tracking originating in Tuskegee, Alabama, abused individuals and destroyed communities. The US continues to lead the way in scientism, materialism and fascism. What think ye?

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 08 July 2013 - 10:44 PM.
fixed source link.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#2    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 08 July 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

Please note msn.com/us/california-inmates-illegally-sterilized-new-report-shows.

It has long been held that Hitler learned from US eugenics (Margaret Sanger, others). Even the 40's-70's syphilis tracking originating in Tuskegee, Alabama, abused individuals and destroyed communities. The US continues to lead the way in scientism, materialism and fascism. What think ye?

Yep, Eugenics is alive and well....

#3    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 33,195 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

szentgyorgy,
I have fixed your source link so that it works. I am also going to move this from the Science and Technology forum to the United States and the Americas forum, as it will be more appropriate there.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,175 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

I was reading another story about this and while I don't approve of the prison system doing this a couple of the women had several kids, one had 5 and the other 7.  I think they should of gotten one a long time ago if they can't stay out of prison.  You know tax payers are supporting these kids.

Montano, 42, was serving time after pleading guilty to burglary, forgery and receiving stolen property. The mother of seven children, she said neither Heinrich nor the medical staff told her why she needed a tubal ligation.

http://www.salon.com...state_approval/

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostHilander, on 08 July 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

I was reading another story about this and while I don't approve of the prison system doing this a couple of the women had several kids, one had 5 and the other 7.  I think they should of gotten one a long time ago if they can't stay out of prison.  You know tax payers are supporting these kids.

But, I don't really think the government or state should dictate who is considered "appropriate" to have children and who isn't. That's pretty dangerous territory, I think.

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,175 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

View PostKowalski, on 08 July 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

But, I don't really think the government or state should dictate who is considered "appropriate" to have children and who isn't. That's pretty dangerous territory, I think.
I don't either, that's what I said.  Personally I think if you can't get your act together you should do something.  Don't keep fathering or giving birth to kids you can't take care of and probably don't but the government or prison system shouldn't force you into it.

#7    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,053 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

As much as I am about having civil liberties, that idea is forfeit once you're not an individual sustaining one's self.

If you're going to live under my roof, you have to follow my rules.  If you're going to be living off of a government, you ought to follow their rules.  I would like to see this extended to those requiring assistance from our government, in addition to convicted felons in every state.

Simple fact is, if you're going to be living off my tax dollars, you better not be bringing more mouths to feed.

#8    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,647 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 08 July 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

szentgyorgy,
I have fixed your source link so that it works. I am also going to move this from the Science and Technology forum to the United States and the Americas forum, as it will be more appropriate there.

Thank you.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#9    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 09 July 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

As much as I am about having civil liberties, that idea is forfeit once you're not an individual sustaining one's self.

If you're going to live under my roof, you have to follow my rules.  If you're going to be living off of a government, you ought to follow their rules.  I would like to see this extended to those requiring assistance from our government, in addition to convicted felons in every state.

Simple fact is, if you're going to be living off my tax dollars, you better not be bringing more mouths to feed.

I don't think it should extend to convicted felons unless they were convicted of a sex crime then I feel castration is in order. But as far as people on government assistance, whole hearted yes I've been saying this for years. I also think we should take a look at their voting status but that is a different story. I would rather stop someone from getting pregnant than pay for an abortion or support that child through taxes.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#10    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

"Human Weeds" and "War On The Weak" are two good sources of information about this subject. Check out the case of Carrie Buck for a sad story that wasn't taught in most American high schools. Her daughter was normal, but she was falsely categorized as "feebleminded". That was a catch-all term used by eugenicists to label all kinds of disliked people, from promiscuous girls to truant boys. Anyway, the girl was forcefully sterilized by the State. The US Supreme Court upheld it, and Justice Holmes said that "three generations of morons were enough". Not surprisingly, this dystopian practice was instituted by the American and British establishment (the more things change). The Nazis took it to the next predictable (Santayana, anybody?) stage.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#11    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostKowalski, on 08 July 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

That particular slope is greased with Crisco. Never give that much control and power to the State. They probably won't relinquish it. In fact, they'll likely expand it to include groups that they dislike. The targeting might change with the administration. Blue State urban regions and Red State rural regions will take turns. Lower incomes will be the shared link between the two. Rabid leftists, as well as vicious rightists, would wholeheartedly support genocidal campaigns against "the wrong kind of people".

There is one reality with billions of versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users