Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did Jesus Die for our sins?

religion jesus bible

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

View PostB Jenkins, on 26 July 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

It is called substitionary death. Sin basically demands death. Both physical and spiritual.

Animal sacrifice is shadow of Jesus' death on the cross. Well, it wouldn't be right to demand the death of a human for our own sins and given the fact no one is perfect enough to qualify for anyone else's substitionary death. Exception being the Son of God.

So when animal was sacrificed under the Old Covenant, basically the idea was one can lay all of their sins upon this animal and while it bears their sin, the animal will substitute its death for their death so in order that their life and repentant heart will be renewed for another year. The animal bore their sins and died their death (both physical and spiritual) in order that theymay live. If there is no substitionary death offered for sin, then with physical death bears the brunt of spiritual death."

Bottom line: sin = imminent phyisical and spiritual death , substitutionary sacrifice = life

Thank you for trying to explain it, but I'm sorry, it makes no sense to me at all.

My own belief system works this way: If I hurt someone else, I should go to them and apologize and work it out with them. The idea that I can kill an animal to atone for that hurt is ludicrous, and an insult to the other person, and counterproductive towards the positive growth of that relationship.

If someone stole some money from me and I found out, and then they said "oh, I slaughtered a goat last week to atone for that" I'd be like, really? What does that have anything to do with repaying me back my money?

#32    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,156 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

Sin - what the hell is that rubbish !

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

Also tagged with religion, jesus, bible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users