Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

North America mystery

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

Spirits of natives is amazing. Desert or swamps they fought. They were far greater warriors then Inca or Aztecs. Or any natives which Europeans met. They have letters, buildings, trading system, empires, codex, language, land, tradition, customs. Their history is equal to Revolution war,Civil war or Century of USA.  Look at 17 century Iroquois Confederacy on Lake Ontario. They have Democracy, senate, Court with Jury, Women were able to divorce...

Anyway...I wrote this for hours.
I hope my post about Moab desert will set you all in the place. To prove my point that there is no analogy at all.

Yours L.

Edited by the L, 10 July 2013 - 05:32 AM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#17    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

Highights:
Rescuers said that lost hikers are down in 12 hours and dead in 24.

Grylls: Without right survival skills you wont survive a day.

"The Anasazi did manage to construct in stone the largest and tallest buildings erected in North America until the Chicago steel girder skyscrapers of the 1880s.” Jared Diamond

Then add to that wierd roads...

Paradox.

Edited by the L, 10 July 2013 - 07:09 AM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#18    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 09 July 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

What about what Akenaten did? Moving everything out to the middle of the desert (IIRC on the "evil" side of the Nile to boot).
I've got to agree, they wanted to hide from someone - or something. Plague perhaps? Aren't most Anasazi conurbations built into rockfaces etc? I don't want to go all AA on people, but they could have been trying to hide from someone who had the power of flight...

Thats what I thought at first. But Kmt explained that wasnt stupid place for building the city.

#19    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

Right analogy would be that Aboriginials built all this.
And its only preview of Pueblo.

Posted Image

Edited by the L, 10 July 2013 - 07:55 AM.

#20    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

To add few pictures to make my thread more vivid.

1.Geronimo in Car
2.Buffalo skulls in 1870s
3.Micmac writting

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

When we hear about USA we hear about Uncle Toms Cabin, Revolutionary war and recent Century of USA...But greatest part we miss.
Chaco dont have analogy. And that is why is so special. For the world. Its more mysterious then Egypt, Sumeria, China, Harrpans combined.

Okay its time for learning. See you around.

L.

Edited by the L, 10 July 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#22    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,715 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

View Postthe L, on 10 July 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

Thats what I thought at first. But Kmt explained that wasnt stupid place for building the city.
He's right - naturally insulated, good view of the lower lands, high enough to avoid any flooding (as if the deserts of Oz are anything to go by, they do flood and they flood badly and quickly).
David hatcher Childress alluded to underground tunnel networks in the area, which if they existed would make habitation in that area understandable - you're very safe from enemies and using the tunnels your supply lines are perfectly safe.

#23    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 10 July 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

He's right - naturally insulated, good view of the lower lands, high enough to avoid any flooding (as if the deserts of Oz are anything to go by, they do flood and they flood badly and quickly).
David hatcher Childress alluded to underground tunnel networks in the area, which if they existed would make habitation in that area understandable - you're very safe from enemies and using the tunnels your supply lines are perfectly safe.

When Kmt explain it to me for the moment I understand all. But know I would be not able to repeat it. :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users