Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Scary' crow annoying residents

crow portreath drive windows pecking

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,747 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

A "scary" crow which has begun pecking at the windows of homes in a Derby street is causing Hitchcock-style worries for residents.

People living on Portreath Drive, in Allestree, say they first noticed the "dishevelled-looking" bird in May.

Since then, the bird's antics have woken some residents at 04:30 BST and left marks on UPVC windows.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...yshire-23206966

Posted Image

#2    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,978 posts

• Don't speak to me of "peace" while you are sharpening your blades.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

No offenses here but people must be awfully weak and delicate to get this bothered over a bird.
It is simply doing what birds do; they see a reflection of themselves, think it's another rival and try to make it leave.

It'll go away eventually, just shoo it away then go on with life.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,964 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

If I were afraid of crows I wouldn't be living here.  They gather in my yard every morning and won't leave even if you go outside.  If a hawk bothers one of them they will call up all of their crow friends and run him off.  So I wouldn't bother the bird or he will call up his friends to attack you.

My neighbor had a bird come to her house every day for two summers.  He would sit in a bush by her window then fly into the window then repeat the act.  This would go on for about two hours before the bird would stop.  It was weird to watch.

#4    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

#Not News.  Terrified townies scared to go outside because of a wild bird...  get a grip!
How would these peeps survive a few minutes in the countryside?  I have 20-30 crows and jackdaws around in the garden every morning when I put food out - mutual lack of threat - they become less wary in late spring/early summer while they are sourcing food for their young.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#5    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,591 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

I like crows, I would honored if one came to my window and pecked. I got a bird feeder on one of my windows to entertain the cat. When it runs out of seed they peck at the window until I put seed in it.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#6    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

You go crow :clap:

#7    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,861 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

Why is this news? Im sure other birds do this around the country.

#8    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

Lol...poms scare so easily.

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

Seriously?

If it's that much of a problem, send Little Poot out with his BB gun and take care of it.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#10    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,577 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

This makes me think of a house on the next street over. They must have a different type of grass or something, but every time I pass by, there are at least 20 crows sitting on the tiny front lawn. All the other lawns are free of crows.

I admit that might be a bit spooky, but not one bird tapping at the windows. lol

Embrace the impossible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users