Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

How to deal with cops under any circumstance

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Link lazy so not watching or wasting even ten seconds on the newest batch but commenting generally in regards to the running conversation.

Look, if someone has dirt on them then of course don't spill the beans or snitch on others.

But as far as law abiding citizens go there is no need for any of this. Simply be cooperative and on your way than hassling the police because there is a price to pay.

It also seems immature to try to play "Mr. I know my rights" with the cops. Most likely those who would do not have a young family they care about. Putting your child's mother or father at risk over shenanigans with the police is foolish.

Edited by The world needs you, 10 July 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#32    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

This clown had his firearms confiscated as well as his concealed handgun license. All because he thought he knew better than the police.

Edited by The world needs you, 10 July 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#33    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

The folks from my side of the world treat cops a tad differently.. They do things like - chuck rocks, bottles, petrol bombs etc at the police in really rough republican and loyalist  ( Catholic and Protestant areas)  areas...Its not a pretty site..I wouldn't set foot in any of those places...If I am driving past, I put my foot to the pedal .  Republican is not the same as the US kind..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 10 July 2013 - 09:44 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#34    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 10 July 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

The folks from my side of the world treat cops a tad differently.. They do things like - chuck rocks, bottles, petrol bombs etc at the police in really rough republican and loyalist  ( Catholic and Protestant areas)  areas...Its not a pretty site..I wouldn't set foot in any of those places...If I am driving past, I put my foot to the pedal .  Republican is not the same as the US kind..

I watched a movie called, The Boxer, it had Daniel Day Lewis in it. But it was set during the "Time of Troubles" a few years ago, and it had stuff about the IRA and everything in it. But some of those scenes were crazy! They showed 12 -13 year old boys throwing Molotov cocktails, rocks, and bombs at cops cars! Your post just reminded me of that movie though.....

#35    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

View PostKowalski, on 10 July 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

I watched a movie called, The Boxer, it had Daniel Day Lewis in it. But it was set during the "Time of Troubles" a few years ago, and it had stuff about the IRA and everything in it. But some of those scenes were crazy! They showed 12 -13 year old boys throwing Molotov cocktails, rocks, and bombs at cops cars! Your post just reminded me of that movie though.....

I haven't seen The Boxer, the only movie I have seen with Daniel Day lewis in that is linked to Irish was - In The Name Of The Father..

But the rough ghettos do love to throw things at the cops....Particularly in Belfast..  I am lucky I live out of the way in a nice country quiet location...

#36    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 10 July 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

I haven't seen The Boxer, the only movie I have seen with Daniel Day lewis in that is linked to Irish was - In The Name Of The Father..

But the rough ghettos do love to throw things at the cops....Particularly in Belfast..  I am lucky I live out of the way in a nice country quiet location...

I believe it was actually in a part of Belfast that it was happening. Some pretty rough neighborhoods there....
But heck, their are neighborhoods here in America, that are just as bad....But, I think cops in America have it a lot easier than in other countries...

#37    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

if you tried half the stuff advocated in those videos here in Oz you'd cop an "attitude adjuster" from the police (their favourite one is to look over the car for something's that  "unroadworthy" and send you off with a flea in your ear and a looming bill to pay for repairs). Be honest but don't offer anything not asked for.

#38    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,384 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 10 July 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

Be honest but don't offer anything not asked for.
I'm glad I don't live in the "commonwealth" (what a nice word, btw) where law enforcement practices seem to be outrageous compared to the US.  

Do you have the right to remain silent in Australia?   I don't understand how to reconcile your statement.   Is remaining silent dishonest?   How's that?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#39    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

Law enforcement is a cooperative affair.  It is not the police on one side and the public on the other, it is law enforcement and the public on one side and law breakers on the other.   The public does what it can, proactively, to help the police, and the police does what it can to protect the public's anonymity.

This is natural and universal.  The descriptions I've just read about destructive and rebellious activity have to be exaggerated and rare or society could not function.

#40    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

View PostKowalski, on 10 July 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

I believe it was actually in a part of Belfast that it was happening. Some pretty rough neighborhoods there....
But heck, their are neighborhoods here in America, that are just as bad....But, I think cops in America have it a lot easier than in other countries...

There are some parts in Belfast that are nice, one in particular is the road out of Belfast lol  ( Just kidding ) I like Belfast for shopping though...  I prefer living in the nice open spaces that are peaceful where I am at present...The only noise disturbance I hear are our cats fighting with a bully across the road  lol

I think every place has a ghetto somewhere !!

#41    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,384 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 10 July 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

This clown had his firearms confiscated as well as his concealed handgun license. All because he thought he knew better than the police.

Don't pretend that this incident isn't far from over.  Army Master Sgt. C.J. Grisham does know better than police.   They're now in jeopardy of having far more than a firearm confiscated.   It's going to be like pulling teeth to extract their secret records from them but this kind of arrest has no prayer of producing charges in court.

"They don't care what the law is" said the officer.
"You're not exempt from the law." said Grisham.   "Yes we are." said the officer.  

Talk about who the clown is...that's a criminal in a costume and his costume is all it takes to earn your worship.

Grisham wasn't charged with any gun-related crimes, and as far as the law goes, someone's going to have to cite the law about "rudely displaying a firearm" to me.   I'm not surprised this case is hung up in secret limbo because they probably don't have a clue what they're going to do with it.  This is a case that's solid gold to preserving our rights in this country.  Thanks for posting.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#42    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,960 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostYamato, on 10 July 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

This is a case that's solid gold to preserving our rights in this country.  Thanks for posting.

it does seem to me he is a pro gunner in disguise, posting absolute garbage for gun hatters, that has little sence, and screwed up facts. great job, he is doing more damage to antigun movement that we ever could. he's desroying them from inside.

great job.

but we should not forget, the best way to hide a lie is between two truths

Edited by aztek, 11 July 2013 - 12:02 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#43    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,343 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostYamato, on 10 July 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

I'm glad I don't live in the "commonwealth" (what a nice word, btw) where law enforcement practices seem to be outrageous compared to the US.  

Do you have the right to remain silent in Australia?   I don't understand how to reconcile your statement.   Is remaining silent dishonest?   How's that?
we'vr full Miranda rights here, it's just that, as a nation of convicts,everyone knows hpw to mmanipulate the law - even the coppers.

#44    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 11 July 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

we'vr full Miranda rights here, it's just that, as a nation of convicts,everyone knows hpw to mmanipulate the law - even the coppers.
Cops use every trick in the book to their advantage, it behooves us to know our rights and do the same.   Americans may be less street smart than our Australian counterparts are as a whole, but don't forget we're a nation of convicts too if you still assign what the Brits used their colonies for back in the day as part of your identity today.   You're the US's substitute.   I wonder if the Empire took it easier on you guys after their invincibility was proven a myth.   If they couldn't even keep it glued together across "the pond", they must have realized they had no chance against a genuine armed insurrection half the world away in Australia with supply lines (across waterways no less) stretched that long.

http://en.wikipedia....ment_by_Britain

Edited by Yamato, 11 July 2013 - 01:36 AM.

#45    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

View PostYamato, on 10 July 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

Don't pretend that this incident isn't far from over.  Army Master Sgt. C.J. Grisham does know better than police.   They're now in jeopardy of having far more than a firearm confiscated.   It's going to be like pulling teeth to extract their secret records from them but this kind of arrest has no prayer of producing charges in court.

"They don't care what the law is" said the officer.
"You're not exempt from the law." said Grisham.   "Yes we are." said the officer.  

Talk about who the clown is...that's a criminal in a costume and his costume is all it takes to earn your worship.

Grisham wasn't charged with any gun-related crimes, and as far as the law goes, someone's going to have to cite the law about "rudely displaying a firearm" to me.   I'm not surprised this case is hung up in secret limbo because they probably don't have a clue what they're going to do with it.  This is a case that's solid gold to preserving our rights in this country.  Thanks for posting.

Army Master Sgt. C.J. Grisham is a decorated veteran.

Army Master Sgt. C.J. Grisham was on a ten-mile Boy Scout hike with his son in Texas when he was arrested and accused of “rudely displaying” his firearm.  Knowing there are wild boars, coyotes, and cougars in the area, he had an AR-15 rifle slung over his shoulder and was also carrying a .45 caliber pistol, according to Fox News’ Todd Starnes.
A “huge Constitutionalist” and prominent military blogger, Grisham has served tours in Iraq and Afghanistan throughout his 18 years in the military.  He was awarded the Bronze Star with Valor for his service.
But on the day he was arrested in mid-March, Grisham says he was treated like a “street thug.”

Link: http://www.theblaze....-of-boy-scouts/

Pretty disgraceful. :no:

But, as you pointed out, this case is far from over.

Grisham said his boy was traumatized by the incident.
Every time he sees a police officer he has a panic attack,” he said. “That’s unfortunate because we always taught our kids to respect police officers. My wife and I are angry about it.”  [Emphasis added]

Chris told Fox News that he wants to be like his dad when he grows up.  “He inspires me,” he said, adding that his father “didn’t do anything wrong at all.”
At this point, roughly a month later, Grisham says is still “100 percent confused” about why he was arrested.  His charges were downgraded from resisting arrest to interfering with a peace officer while performing a duty, but he still thinks the situation is absurd and inexcusable.

It's really awful this happened in Texas, where we love our guns and our freedom. This District Attorney who seems to love Obama isn't gonna last long, that's for sure.....

Edited by Kowalski, 11 July 2013 - 01:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users