Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SETI funding etc...

Emilyreporter

Hello,

My name is Emily and I'm writing an article about the recent SETI conference in the UK and need some people to be included as quotes. If you could possibly answer as many of these questions as you can I would be very grateful.

What can the UK bring to the extra terrestrial discoveries that America can't bring?

Should they be given full government backing and if so why?

What is your opinion about the events leading up to the conference?

What are your own experiences with the extra terrestrial world? Why is it so important that we explore it?

How do you make contributions to discovering life outside of earth?

Many Thanks

Emily

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kadssdak

• Mike G

• Emilyreporter

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt you want anonymous opinion in your report. To put it another way, it would carry about as much weight as if you had just left blank portions devoid of text in your report.

I doubt you want anonymous opinion in your report. To put it another way, it would carry about as much weight as if you had just left blank portions devoid of text in your report.

I see your point but i like the idea of non professional input.

What can the UK bring to the extra terrestrial discoveries that America can't bring?

I'm not sure we can the US has a larger amount of space and money they can throw at it than us in the UK.

Should they be given full government backing and if so why?

This i think is a pro vs con question on the one hand you have the fact the with government backing alot more could be done based on funding but on the other hand the government are lothed to release info anyway and if they were funding the thet of said support being pulled would most likely be enough to keep any findings that the dont wont made pulic quiet.

What are your own experiences with the extra terrestrial world? Why is it so important that we explore it?

I have only really researched the E.T world so my experience is limited to what I have seen and as for exploring it I don’t think its important at all to look for "life" out there we should get what’s going on down here sorted first the human race is one very large dysfunctional family that need to sort its self out before talking to the neighbours but that said I think it is important to know what’s out there that could harm us.

How do you make contributions to discovering life outside of earth?

I quite honestly don't as i said before i don't think we should go messing with things outside of the human race untill we can work each other out, there is no point trying to understand or find E.T's if we cant agree on thing here on earth.