Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ancient Egyptian king's unique sphinx found

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,637 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

A group of researchers is trying to determine how part of an ancient Egyptian king's unique sphinx ended up buried in Israel.
AFP reports a statue dedicated to Egyptian ruler Mycerinus, who ruled circa 2,500 BC and was builder of one of the three Giza pyramids, was uncovered at an archeological dig in Northern Israel Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2YboyZEjs

#2    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,629 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:51 AM

That's a great find. It will be interesting to see if they find the rest of the sphinx. A good picture of what exactly was found can be seen here:

http://www.livescien...-in-israel.html

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#3    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

^^ Those are clearly Basset Paws. I don't know where this sphinx non-sense is coming from, but this shows the expansion of the cult of Their Drooly Excrensences out of Egypt.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#4    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,919 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 10 July 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

^^ Those are clearly Basset Paws. I don't know where this sphinx non-sense is coming from, but this shows the expansion of the cult of Their Drooly Excrensences out of Egypt.

--Jaylemurph

Why not Taweret ?

Oh wait ... dang ... I was side swiped wasn't I ... ? :lol:

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#5    desert palm tree

desert palm tree

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

" Beloved by the divine manifestation . . . that gave him eternal life " I like the inscription on the Sphinx. Sphinx! Two legs ! Sphinxs have always two legs ? Why ? Symbol of . . . ?
    Anu , anna(Egyptian)was called Heliopolis by the Greeks and On in the Bible. Anu or 'anna' was also the Sumerian name for the sky or sky god. . . whose wife was Antu in the Babylonian culture . . his symbol of authority was the ' horned cap' , Kalacha.

#6    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

And some of the members here say that I need psychiatric help. lol But this is a forum designed for all to give a point of view that they have researched.All is welcome!..Big smile & grinning teeth lmao.

#7    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

An Egyption Sphinx found in Israel...anyone care to speculate on what the historical implications could be?

“These International bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these newspapers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government.”

- Roosevelt

#8    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,919 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Moses was really an Egyptian Prince ?
~

~

~

#9    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Right now,my husband is listening to a youtube video about the Gnostics, with a guy that has theorized & has invented a term about the Arkons,beings that have experimented with the inhabitants of this Earth in our early history that the Gnostics were supposed to have had all of their information from.They are supposed to be connected to the Gnostics in their supposed writings. I just want to turn the stupid thing off but,he is interested. I have great patience & understanding.I try to explain about their unknown history etc,but,many people listen & accept that they know much from authors that also deceive & try to make a buck from their unfounded theories.Many so-called historical documents are also unfounded.Just my point of view. Now I can go to bed. Yes guys,that is something that I do do & in that meantime,I have no interest in writing to this site whilst I sleep on the other side of the globe. BTW, In regards to a certain member's comment about my cowardice etc,...You...Me...Outside Now! Lets have a debating duel! ..LMAO

Edited by GirlfromOz, 10 July 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#10    tipsy_munchkin

tipsy_munchkin

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

• We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostAbba mudda, on 10 July 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

" Beloved by the divine manifestation . . . that gave him eternal life " I like the inscription on the Sphinx. Sphinx! Two legs ! Sphinxs have always two legs ? Why ? Symbol of . . . ?
Anu , anna(Egyptian)was called Heliopolis by the Greeks and On in the Bible. Anu or 'anna' was also the Sumerian name for the sky or sky god. . . whose wife was Antu in the Babylonian culture . . his symbol of authority was the ' horned cap' , Kalacha.

No they have four legs.

Very interesting find though i see wild speculation is already on it's way despite some simple logical explanations for its location in the article.

Every object can help us building our image of the past and its great that at least some of this old Sphinx survived.

*     I'm pink therefore i'm spam     *

#11    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,919 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

@GirlfromOz

Who ? Me ? ... or DG ?

~shudder~

`edit ~ post bumped ....

`

Edited by third_eye, 10 July 2013 - 02:21 PM.

~

~

#12    Hobbit Feet

Hobbit Feet

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

• Drop me off at Willoughby and take me to Aunt T's!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 10 July 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Moses was really an Egyptian Prince ?
~

I'm not sure if your question is a serious one, but I did see a TV program sometime ago that theorized his name came from the egyptian suffix "mosis", meaning "son of", which is attached to many names of pharohs. The program was leaning towards him actually being egyptian.

#13    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Moses' Hebrew mother, Jochebed, hid him when the Pharaoh ordered all newborn Hebrew boys to be killed, and the child was adopted as a foundling by the Egyptian royal family that found him in the reeds floating down the river. This is a biblical story about Moses' true story of his life & heritage.It seems that he later lost his temper when an Egyptian slave master killed one of his beloved Hebrew friends that caused him to kill him in anger, only to flee & retire to a more humble life as an ex murderer & shepherd in a distant village/town.But the Lord had more for him to accomplish.

Edited by GirlfromOz, 10 July 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#14    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

If any Christian wants to cross-reference the old testament Bible with the Hebrew Torah,then they have the original source.The new Testament is the forgiveness via Jesus Christ,the son of God that God the Father had spoken & prophesied about for centuries in the old testament.The healing of the sins that Adam & Eve, & every son & daughter had committed and the decay & death of every offspring of Adam & Eve since the beginning of time after the countdown,were healed when the Lord Jesus died on the cross,who paid the penalty for it all,& for all of us as a lamb to the slaughter.He made it all real.He took upon himself every sin that mankind had sinned.Even the curtains in the temple tore as an earthquake of great magnitude trembled across the land.They all realized that he was the prophesied messiah.I present my case..There truly did exist,the son of God & the Messiah of the peoples of Israel

Edited by GirlfromOz, 10 July 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#15    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

Believe it or not!

Edited by GirlfromOz, 10 July 2013 - 05:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users