Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Adam Kokesh arrested in Herndon

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,285 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Washington Post said:

Police searched the Northern Virginia home of activist Adam KokeshTuesday evening and took him into custody, according to a news release posted on Kokesh’s Web site.

Kokesh, a former Marine, was held overnight at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center, charged with possession of schedule I or II drugs while in possession of a firearm, said Lt. Steve Elbert, a spokesman for the Fairfax County Sheriff’s Office.

Read more

If only the half of the above is true he is more brain amputated than I thought.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

I heard about this.....

Drugs were most likely planted.....

#3    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,591 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Same as if someone had alcohol and tobacco in their house but no one freaks out about those, just saying.

This is about his Youtube video were he openly loads a shotgun in freedom plaza, that's illegal there.

Im skeptical about the whole drug thing, for one because adam says they were expecting the feds to raid him. Sooo wouldent you get rid of that stuff before hand?

Or it could be a protest thing who knows.

Edited by spartan max2, 10 July 2013 - 03:20 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,285 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 10 July 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

Same as if someone had alcohol and tobacco in their house but no one freaks out about those, just saying.

This is about his Youtube video were he openly loads a shotgun in freedom plaza, that's illegal there.

Im skeptical about the whole drug thing, for one because adam says they were expecting the feds to raid him. Sooo wouldent you get rid of that stuff before hand?

Or he thought himself so untouchable that he never thought about the joint in the ashtray.

You always have to remember that Al Capone did not get arrested for murder or racketeering, he got arrested for not filing taxes.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 10 July 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

That's what I've been thinking.

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

That's what I was thinking the mushrooms were probably planted because why would you have something like that around if you were expecting to be raided.  Which with him I guess anything is possible.

Edited by Hilander, 10 July 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#7    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,591 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

the only other reason I could think would be that its some open disobedience thing. Since libertarians are pro gun and about ending the drug war. But the problem with that is that if it was an open disobedience thing he would of mentioned it on his YouTube video too, or publicized it in some way.

Soo its sketchy, all I know.

And im really sure that he doesn't consider himself untouchable, he has been arrested and slammed to the ground quite a bit.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#8    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,440 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

charged with possession of schedule I or II drugs while in possession of a firearm

This wording is curious.  So the penalties are worse if you're in the possession of drugs WHILE in the possession of a firearm?

View PostHilander, on 10 July 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

That's what I was thinking the mushrooms were probably planted because why would you have something like that around if you were expecting to be raided.  Which with him I guess anything is possible.
People jumped to that conclusion claiming that video evidence proved he was planted with drugs the last time he got arrested.  Kokesh brings the drugs and puts them in the face of the authorities.  He's not one to clean it all out of his own house just because he thinks he might get searched.   It's called civil disobedience and it's his trademark.  If he's that brash out of doors he's not going to be that timid in his own castle.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#9    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,285 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostYamato, on 10 July 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

This wording is curious.  So the penalties are worse if you're in the possession of drugs WHILE in the possession of a firearm?

Yes, many minor offenses can be changed to felony if you have a gun on you at the time.

about me

#10    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,440 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 10 July 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Yes, many minor offenses can be changed to felony if you have a gun on you at the time.
I don't think he had a gun on him at the time.  I think they found guns in his house.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#11    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,608 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostYamato, on 10 July 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

I don't think he had a gun on him at the time.  I think they found guns in his house.

B. It shall be unlawful for any person unlawfully in possession of a controlled substance classified in Schedule I or II of the Drug Control Act ( 54.1-3400 et seq.) to simultaneously with knowledge and intent possess any firearm on or about his person. A violation of this subsection is a Class 6 felony and constitutes a separate and distinct felony and any person convicted hereunder shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of two years. Such punishment shall be separate and apart from, and shall be made to run consecutively with, any punishment received for the commission of the primary felony.

http://leg1.state.va... cod 18.2-308.4

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,992 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

Sensible

#13    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,095 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

As long as they had a warrant, I dont see this as an over reaction on their part. They where going after a man who (though non violently) loaded a shotgun and called for a revolution. I don't think they could of sensibly knocked on his door.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#14    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,440 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Britney, Merton, you're already slaves in a cage of your own design.

#15    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Well....I think Kokesh is a little too extreme to be a good spokesman...but then again....what real mover and shaker ever adhered to normal convention.

Narcotics charges....really?  Because of mushrooms?

I have had my share of fungus over the years...there is a lot worse they could have drummed up.

I am on the fence with this guy.

I understand, as I said above, that the true "revolutionaries" of our country were always a bit over the line...I can see this being another division point and it saddens me.

The guy makes some solid points....whether you agree with his methods or not is somewhat irrelevant.  No one that ever "broke out" conformed very well.

I tip my hat to the guy for nothing else that having figured out how to get press attention...that...in and of itself...is worth something.

He is drawing attention to the slow and methodical erosion of our Freedoms and Rights as described and ordained in our Bill of Rights and Our Constitution...love him or hate him...agree or disagree....he is getting the attention.

ETA:

From the article...

“Numerous police vehicles, including a light armored vehicle and two low-flying helicopters barricaded Adam’s street,” the news release says. “More than 20 armored SWAT team members surrounded the house, as well as a number of detectives, and plainclothes officers.”
The release says police used a battering ram to knock in the front door and detonated a flash grenade in the foyer, then ransacked the house in a five-hour search while handcuffing Kokesh and detaining others who were in the house in a separate room. Those details could not be independently confirmed.

Really?....Battering ram and flash grenades.....did they even bother to knock and announce themselves?

Edited by Jeremiah65, 10 July 2013 - 05:48 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users