Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

101M Get Food Aid from Federal Govít;

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Dredimus

Dredimus

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

The number of Americans receiving subsidized food assistance from the federal government has risen to 101 million, representing roughly a third of the U.S. population.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture estimates that a total of 101,000,000 people currently participate in at least one of the 15 food programs offered by the agency, at a cost of $114 billion in fiscal year 2012.
That means the number of Americans receiving food assistance has surpassed the number of full-time private sector workers in the U.S.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there were 97,180,000 full-time private sector workers in 2012.

LINKAGE

#2    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

That's because the economy sucks!

#3    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

Thats a lot of people depending on government aid...

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,250 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 10 July 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

and another demonstration that something has gone horribly wrong in the world's richest country.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,822 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

Or because food is getting expensive to buy for families

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,250 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 10 July 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Or because food is getting expensive to buy for families

There is no place in the world where the ratio average income/food is as low as in the US. The problem is  that most people don't make the average income.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,550 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

Imagine what $10 worth of vegetable seeds, responsibility, community spirit and some effort would do for this problem.

Food prices are going up quite a bit though. I shop at Aldi, which is a no-brand discount grocery store basically. 6 months ago I could fill a cart for $70. Now it's usually $100.

Embrace the impossible.

#8    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

The price of food and the things that it takes just to live are going up way faster than salaries.  Even if you are working so many don't make enough to get by.  If your employees are having to rely on food stamps you may not be paying them enough.

Wal-Marts told DC lawmakers if they raise the minimum wage they won't be opening stores there.

http://www.washingto...id=pm_local_pop

Edited by Hilander, 10 July 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#9    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,105 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

It's all part of the plan.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#10    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 1,761 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Oh you just do not get it....you can take away the internet....you can restrict driving and travellll....but folks really listen up when their bely s growling....

Look folks.....

It does not matter if you are on the side that says gov is trying to control people.....or the side that says this is a corporate subsidy that allows them to pay lower wages....

It is totally unsustainable....period.

eventually....this sytem as it stands....is going to force everyone....regardless of income level.....to beg the GOV for food....

This is the final solution.....and the solution is to kill off everyone that disagrees with the regime...

you think I am kidding.....

Have a nice dandelion salad tonight and make sure to save some for tomorrow.....otherwise you are out of here in less than a month....

It's came full circle and the sheep have been too stupid to see it....

You actually want nutritional food to be sustained....you better shut you mouth and do what you are told.....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#11    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 1,444 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 10 July 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

This is the final solution.....and the solution is to kill off everyone that disagrees with the regime...

...I was with you up until that point.

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#12    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 1,761 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

well

View PostDark_Grey, on 10 July 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

...I was with you up until that point.

That's fine...just hide and watch...you can't feed you family?....we can help....oh wait....you are a registered republican...I'm afraid we see that you have some unpaid parking tickets....we have to deny your benefits until this is and the penalties are paid....

You are Posted Imageif you think it will not go something like I am describing.

When they have you by the belly....you will do exactly as you are told or you will starve....it's that simple....

If you do not see this...or think it is impossible....you my friend...know nothing of history....over 20 million Russians starved for disagreeing with the regime....you think you are in a better place than they were?

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#13    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,650 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

Eating the cheapest I'm comfortable with(still getting foods I like and drinking mostly water with an occasional soda) I spend around 50-100 a month on food on myself alone.  Factor in a family of 4, and not eating the cheapest you can by making almost all your meals from scratch, and that starts to add up to possibly over 400 a month.

#14    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

My husband hunts, and I have a garden, plus we have fresh, free range eggs, and it really saves on our grocery bill.....We also have a calf slaughtered every few months, so fresh meat! I can pretty much cook venison anyway you want. Grinding it up into hamburger meat (just need extra fat) is something I do quite often.
I want a diary cow so I can make homemade cheese and butter.....
We have a local diary farm that sells amazing milk, and cream, butter and cheese.
My mouth is starting to water....

#15    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,453 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 10 July 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

That's  true... but also.. that's a lot of agricultural and retail food providers depending on those  SAME  dollars.   ... * WHO GETS THE MONEY?

..* that has become the question i always ask myself when i want to understand how and why most legislation   REALLY  gets passed.

Edited by lightly, 10 July 2013 - 11:51 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users