Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Human evolution: the next stages

humankind flexible skeletons tentacles colour-changing skin

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostRolci, on 12 July 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

It takes a sad person to guess that all there is left in this universe is physical evolution. That the next great mysterious step will be. . . . . a smaller brain. Really?? Is that our best guess? After all this? It would be a wasted universe. Would it not?
i'm not sure it would be a waste Rolci, the human brain is the (to our knowledge) universe's crowning achievement, nothing else comes close for complexity & elegance of function, and so far, the human brain is the universe's best way of thinking about itself.....
;-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bĦt˘h due to your lack of understanding.

#17    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

never tried it Seeder, but with the exception of cow-snot and cockroach anuses, i'll give pretty much anything a try!
(should imagine it doesn't come cheap though!)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bĦt˘h due to your lack of understanding.

#18    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Healing factors, unbreakable bones, flight, strength, invlunerability, immortality, any of those will do.

#19    nothinglizx2

nothinglizx2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

We didn't evolve from the apes, our bone structure isn't anything like the apes.  Ask any anthropologist and they will say that the last ape man human like creature died off before we got here.  Why would there be an evolutionary leap?  We are the evolutionary leap, albeit a fallen one.  We could if we worked at it have abilities that no other creature on earth has.  But we are looking everywhere else but inside us for the answers.  The study of our inheritance is kept a great lid on to keep people ignorant and to keep people prisoners.  What if one day you woke up and found that satan was real.  That he is the reason your lives have been ruined from the beginning.  What if you found out that he is the reason you can't and won't believe, because you didn't that that you are a multi-dimensional being, being tortured and modified by entities you can't see.  A true enemy is an enemy can't see and you can't fight and when your finally ready to start fighting him, your too crazy to put up a fight, your belief system is all wrong, and your nearly already dead.

#20    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

View Postnothinglizx2, on 12 July 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

We didn't evolve from the apes, our bone structure isn't anything like the apes.  Ask any anthropologist and they will say that the last ape man human like creature died off before we got here.  Why would there be an evolutionary leap?  We are the evolutionary leap, albeit a fallen one.  We could if we worked at it have abilities that no other creature on earth has.  But we are looking everywhere else but inside us for the answers.  The study of our inheritance is kept a great lid on to keep people ignorant and to keep people prisoners.  What if one day you woke up and found that satan was real.  That he is the reason your lives have been ruined from the beginning.  What if you found out that he is the reason you can't and won't believe, because you didn't that that you are a multi-dimensional being, being tortured and modified by entities you can't see.  A true enemy is an enemy can't see and you can't fight and when your finally ready to start fighting him, your too crazy to put up a fight, your belief system is all wrong, and your nearly already dead.

How did you manage to go from..

We didn't evolve from the apes, our bone structure isn't anything like the apes

to...

What if one day you woke up and found that satan was real

to...

because you didn't that that you are a multi-dimensional being, being tortured and modified by entities you can't see

:passifier:

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#21    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,036 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

I would think any 'evolution' Man will possibly go through is synthetical.

#22    ash68

ash68

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• It doesn't matter what you think you are,but what you think,you are
    Celsus

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Maybe to rise above being an animal instincts will come next

#23    Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

• The answer to 1984, is uhhh... 1812?

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

Yeah none of those are going to happen. Just look at human reproduction today. It would seem "less intelligent" people are spreading their genes much more rapidly and effectively than "intelligent" people. I think the same thing could be applied to future adaptions. Say some people actually start developing tentacles or wings, theres still gonna be a bunch of people without the new adaptions, breeding just as rapidly if not more so than people with the new adaptions. There is no survival of the fittest so these mutations will never likely spread to the entire human race or even to a large portion of it. The Borg scenario on the other hand, I could certainly see that happening some day...

#24    Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

• The answer to 1984, is uhhh... 1812?

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

View Postseeder, on 11 July 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

Well an interesting topic, and one that can be speculated on endlessly, but heres 5 Signs Humans Are Still Evolving, and how

quote:  

"But not only are we still evolving, we're doing so even faster than before. In the last 10,000 years, the pace of our evolution has sped up 100 times, creating more mutations in our genes, and more natural selections from those mutations. Here are some clues that show humans are continuing to evolve.

And point number 4 on the following list states our brains are shrinking!!!

"While we may like to believe our big brains make us smarter than the rest of the animal world, our brains have actually been shrinking over the last 30,000 years. The average volume of the human brain has decreased from 1,500 cubic centimeters to 1,350 cubic centimeters, which is equivalent to a chunk the size of a tennis ball.

Now for the list:

http://mentalfloss.c...-still-evolving

None of these things are recent or have in any way been shaped by modern life. Civilized life maybe, but not modern. None of these are evidence that we are still evolving currently. Still interesting post though.

#25    Vox

Vox

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

• Meanwhile, somewhere in reality...

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Aren't evolutionary processes at their most basic level shaped by environmental factors and careful selection of successful 'mates' that would bolster your offspring's chances of reaching sexual maturity?

The fact is that we are hardly likely to feel any pressure from environmental factors since we are indeed shaping our environment to match our needs and desires. This holds true for the industrialised world and to a certain extent the developing and/or transitional world. It would have to take a catastrophe to wipe out the 'weaker/non-adapted' population so that there would be a transition to the stronger elements. Something along the Black Death of Medieval Europe but on a planetary scale.

With regards to the second concept, even weaker non-competitive mates are reaching sexual maturity more than ever and indeed reproducing successfully. This is a cause of our societies advancing in the concepts of medicine, equality and rights. In no way am I against this concept even though I'm using it as an argument. Point in case would be a disabled couple having children thanks to the assistance of the welfare state and the recognition that all individuals have a right to procreate. In older times with poor to no social nets for the disadvantaged, these individuals would struggle and at least in my opinion not reach sexual maturity, or their offspring would likely die before reaching maturity.

I believe that 'natural' human evolution will likely slow down ridiculously or grind to a halt altogether thanks to the arguments I've used above. I agree fully that 'evolution' of the human race will occur by our meddling with technology, be it synthetic or biological, but then again, this won't be true evolution, but advancing optimisation of the stage we've currently reached as a species.

Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado- Che Guevara

#26    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

Judging from today's lifestyle, big eyes, big brain, small fat physique.

#27    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,496 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

With the advances in genetics,maybe for the first time in the History of planet Earth,Man has become the first Species capable of shaping it's own future evolution.

#28    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

We will all look like the Simpsons.

#29    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:18 AM

View Postshrooma, on 12 July 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

i'm not sure it would be a waste Rolci, the human brain is the (to our knowledge) universe's crowning achievement, nothing else comes close for complexity & elegance of function, and so far, the human brain is the universe's best way of thinking about itself.....
;-)

Correct, and "so far" are the key words here. Saying the brain is the crowning achievement is like saying, before life existed, that uranium is the crowning achievement of the universe. Of course, when you cannot even conceive of the concept of life in a lifeless universe, that might seem so. And since the topic is evolution, the next question is, where do we go from here? Uranium compared to the human brain will be like the human brain compared to...

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#30    BadChadB33

BadChadB33

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

Depends on the aliens that designed us. what do they have in store for us next??

Pure sarcasm there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users