Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Saudi Arabia 'targeting Iran and Israel'

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 37,858 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

The Telegraph said:

Images analysed by experts at IHS Jane's Intelligence Review has revealed a hitherto undisclosed surface-to-surface missile base deep in the Saudi desert, with capabilities for hitting both countries.

Analysts who examined the photos spotted two launch pads with markings pointing north-west towards Tel Aviv and north-east towards Tehran. They are designed for Saudi Arabia's arsenal of lorry-launched DF 3 missiles, which have a range of 1,500-2,500 miles and can carry a two-ton payload.

The base, believed to have been built within the last five years, gives an insight into Saudi strategic thinking at a time of heightened tensions in the Gulf.

Read more

Playing "Lotsa enemy lotsa honor?"

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

• 13,934 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

Clearly they're misunderstood, they're there for defence and for science. because the Saudis are a bastion of honest democracy in a region of the world riven by tyrants and demagogues. Why else would they be one of Americas closest allies in the region?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 16,825 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Unless they have nukes or chem/bio then it's pretty much a non-issue.  One installation is very easy to take out.  Not surprising at all that they would have some missile capability in this region.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users