Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Do you keep a diary?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

I mostly just document important and good things..

However If I copyright and leave the copyrights to my family..
there is no way this Diary Man could ever publish the diaries
signed by my or my pen name...

I was thinking of writing a biography of myself..
but it might end up being a bit boring...

I however could write many books on hauntings
and evil demons from stories my relatives have passed down

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#17    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

i keep a diary and a voice log

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#18    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,305 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

I used to always keep a diary and would fill it in every night without fail. Just about my day really, what I did etc., nothing too exciting for anyone else to read. That all changed on the day we had two sudden deaths in the family, I didn't have the heart to write in my diary that night and have never kept one since.

Posted Image

#19    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 11 July 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

I used to always keep a diary and would fill it in every night without fail. Just about my day really, what I did etc., nothing too exciting for anyone else to read. That all changed on the day we had two sudden deaths in the family, I didn't have the heart to write in my diary that night and have never kept one since.
sorry to hear that stills :( i know how you feel, but hey you still kick a$$

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#20    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,305 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Postkannin, on 11 July 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

sorry to hear that stills :( i know how you feel, but hey you still kick a$$
Aww thank you :) It was a long time ago now.

Posted Image

#21    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 11 July 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

Aww thank you :) It was a long time ago now.
no one is truly dead, as long as the memories survive than that soul is immortal in the minds of their loved ones

#22    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Some of you have said that you do not mind what happens to your diaries after you are dead.  Unless it's no more than a ship's log book, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear......

You are highlighting another of this modern world's sicknesses.  I have talked of the increasing number of schoolchildren who are diagnosed as having "no sense of danger".  What you also see in classrooms, increasingly, is children sharing snotty handkerchiefs, earphones (the kind that plug INTO the ear), water bottles, in fact, anything without regard to whoever or whatever had it first.....in other words, a complete loss of any sense of hygiene. (Princess Di holding the hands of the diseased or dying set a bad example here --- but note also that Princess Anne has not degenerated so far as to fail to realise the need to wear gloves when shaking the hands of all and sundry).  So after losing danger and hygiene, the next on the list to go is privacy.  We are being made to feel ashamed if we baulk at any opportunity to reveal our all, whatever that "all" may be, aged, diseased or deformed, and to feel ashamed if we should like to have locks on our bathroom doors etc.  This loss of a sense of privacy is highly damaging and is wehat is being revealed by those who care not whomsoever reads their private writings.

#23    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,127 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Maybe I'm the odd one out but I've never kept a diary, nor do I see the point of it.

#24    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 13 July 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Maybe I'm the odd one out but I've never kept a diary, nor do I see the point of it.

When I saw that you had posted a comment, I was expecting it to be in your usual abusive mode.  Should I be offering sympathy or commiseration?  Are you ill, off colour, or maybe a pet has died?!!

#25    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 13 July 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Some of you have said that you do not mind what happens to your diaries after you are dead.  Unless it's no more than a ship's log book, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear......

You are highlighting another of this modern world's sicknesses.  I have talked of the increasing number of schoolchildren who are diagnosed as having "no sense of danger".  What you also see in classrooms, increasingly, is children sharing snotty handkerchiefs, earphones (the kind that plug INTO the ear), water bottles, in fact, anything without regard to whoever or whatever had it first.....in other words, a complete loss of any sense of hygiene. (Princess Di holding the hands of the diseased or dying set a bad example here --- but note also that Princess Anne has not degenerated so far as to fail to realise the need to wear gloves when shaking the hands of all and sundry).  So after losing danger and hygiene, the next on the list to go is privacy.  We are being made to feel ashamed if we baulk at any opportunity to reveal our all, whatever that "all" may be, aged, diseased or deformed, and to feel ashamed if we should like to have locks on our bathroom doors etc.  This loss of a sense of privacy is highly damaging and is wehat is being revealed by those who care not whomsoever reads their private writings.
So what are you saying, I don't share to the point of getting other peoples germs or any of that, I lock the door when I go to the bathroom. I'm a very private person, I don't have Facebook or MySpace, I'm generally a reclusive person, I have a very small circle of friends.  If someone took my writings after I was DEAD there would be nothing I could do about it.  The fact that I wont get embarrassed by them reading my writings its mute, because for one I would be DEAD, and Two I highly doubt ANYONE would benefit off of it.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#26    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,127 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

View Postpantodragon, on 13 July 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

When I saw that you had posted a comment, I was expecting it to be in your usual abusive mode.  Should I be offering sympathy or commiseration?  Are you ill, off colour, or maybe a pet has died?!!
Every time I read your melodramatic posts I feel my brain cells are.
Anyway I see you're well on your way to removing modern technology from your life.

#27    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• 1,371 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

you say we should be ashamed of what we chose to write, why? at any rate, i am not worried about what people might do with my writing after i am gone. i'll be dead! not in much of a position to care.

#28    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 13 July 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

So what are you saying, I don't share to the point of getting other peoples germs or any of that, I lock the door when I go to the bathroom. I'm a very private person, I don't have Facebook or MySpace, I'm generally a reclusive person, I have a very small circle of friends.  If someone took my writings after I was DEAD there would be nothing I could do about it.  The fact that I wont get embarrassed by them reading my writings its mute, because for one I would be DEAD, and Two I highly doubt ANYONE would benefit off of it.

Actually it doesn't matter whether you are alive or dead.  We live in a world where people ferret out and gather personal details about anyone, anywhere, anytime, and which other people are avid to read.  Whether you realise it or not, this is inhibiting.  What happens is this: the awareness of a potential reader causes your mind to install a "policeman" who polices everything you write and ensures that you do not write anything that might cause interest/problems i.e. you supress many of your real thoughts, feelings etc.  Many people say that they write nothing that they would be ashamed of --- this just means the policeman has done his job, and he's been there so long you are not aware of him.  He probably started in childhood.  This is doing serious damage to your health.

#29    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

View Postpatagonianhorsesnake, on 14 July 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

you say we should be ashamed of what we chose to write, why? at any rate, i am not worried about what people might do with my writing after i am gone. i'll be dead! not in much of a position to care.

No, I am not saying we should be ashamed of what we write.  As to being worried about what people might do with your writing when you are dead, see my reply to R4z3rsPar4d0x --- an awareness of what happens after death affects us in life.

View PostRlyeh, on 14 July 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

Every time I read your melodramatic posts I feel my brain cells are.
Anyway I see you're well on your way to removing modern technology from your life.

Don't hold your breathe........................my commiserations on the state of health of your brain cells....it explains much!.

Edited by pantodragon, 15 July 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#30    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 15 July 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

Actually it doesn't matter whether you are alive or dead.  We live in a world where people ferret out and gather personal details about anyone, anywhere, anytime, and which other people are avid to read.  Whether you realise it or not, this is inhibiting.  What happens is this: the awareness of a potential reader causes your mind to install a "policeman" who polices everything you write and ensures that you do not write anything that might cause interest/problems i.e. you supress many of your real thoughts, feelings etc.  Many people say that they write nothing that they would be ashamed of --- this just means the policeman has done his job, and he's been there so long you are not aware of him.  He probably started in childhood.  This is doing serious damage to your health.
LMAO so can I ask you some questions.

Did you burn all the things you wrote? If so why?
Do you have a Facebook or MySpace?

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 15 July 2013 - 07:54 PM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users