Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Should Hunger Strikers be Force Fed?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,762 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 12 July 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

Leave god out of politics man.
Kind of hard to do when the one's who are killing us are very much in tune with their version of god.  For my part I don't beat anyone over the head to convert them.  But I owe no one a duty to be silent about my beliefs as long as I don't attempt to force them on anyone.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#17    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,928 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

View Postand then, on 12 July 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

I do not care what someone like YOU thinks of me.  I will gladly stand before my Creator when the day comes.  And as to the premise that a prisoner should not be allowed to kill themselves with hunger - I agree.  But I see you do not deny the quandary.  The starvation is just another tool to defy the jailer.  It's a no lose, right?  Die, you win, live you win...in every case Israel (and the US at Gitmo) will be blamed.  So I say okay, blame us.  No problem.  It really doesn't matter when the game is rigged anyway.  
I assume that you are saying the force feeding should be done to save their lives, yes?

we are not talking about me... we are discussing your extremist christian belief in killing prisoners of war.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#18    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

View Postand then, on 12 July 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

Kind of hard to do when the one's who are killing us are very much in tune with their version of god.  For my part I don't beat anyone over the head to convert them.  But I owe no one a duty to be silent about my beliefs as long as I don't attempt to force them on anyone.

Your pro Israel and your personal faith somehow make it justified doesn`t it.  I would not one drop of blood spilled in my non belief.  Jesus told you to preach in your own home did he not.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#19    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

View Postacidhead, on 12 July 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

we are not talking about me... we are discussing your extremist christian belief in killing prisoners of war.

I think some think we are in a religious war. Maybe we are but again some just can`t turn the other cheek.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#20    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

Truly disgusting the way some Christians want to use their faith as justification to harm others.

#21    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,552 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

by the way fellow
the hunger strikers requests are not what " and then " says
or at least that's what i saw on newsd

they are striking to protest on being neglected and for being in prisons for far too long without trial
and they been treated badly in prisons
and not to mention the recent 5-years old boy arrested by israel

if what i've seen on news is true .. then you are deforming facts " and then "
their hunger strike had nothing to do with what you said

"why should we not rely on Allah when he guided us our path . we shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us. for those who want to put their trust in someone should put their trust in Allah.

#22    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,762 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

View Postacidhead, on 12 July 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

No YOU are creating a straw man.  I never said anything about killing anyone - I said they should be allowed to commit suicide if that is what they want to do.  And of course I was pointing out the hypocrisy of people like yourself and their reactions to this situation.  It starts and ends with Israel at blame and Israel being illegitimate.  It's like a rhyme learned by a simple minded 3 year old.  Doesn't make much difference in the behavior of adults in the real world.

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#23    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,762 posts

Aristotle

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 12 July 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

by the way fellow
the hunger strikers requests are not what " and then " says
or at least that's what i saw on newsd

they are striking to protest on being neglected and for being in prisons for far too long without trial
and they been treated badly in prisons
and not to mention the recent 5-years old boy arrested by israel

if what i've seen on news is true .. then you are deforming facts " and then "
their hunger strike had nothing to do with what you said
Their strike is to be released as the Israelis foolishly did some other felon earlier.  They saw a weakness (others think of it as a show of humanity) in Israeli pols and now they think they can use international pressure to force Israel to release another group of people who will immediately return to the fight.  It amazes me how one sided all this is until I remember that the whole situation has been preordained and so has the outcome.  A VERY bloody lesson is coming and there isn't anything Arab, Muslim or Jew can do to stop it at this point.  Sad thing is that most people will refuse to learn from the lesson.  The God of Israel is about to utterly destroy those who come against it.  And when that happens there is going to be no room for a serious, unbiased person to make excuses.  Neither the IDF nor the US is going to be responsible for it.

#24    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

View Postand then, on 12 July 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

The God of Israel is about to utterly destroy those who come against it.

This contribution is not welcomed.

This type of fundamentalist religiosity is the problem.

#25    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,762 posts

Aristotle

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

View PostThe world needs you, on 12 July 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

View PostThe world needs you, on 12 July 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

Most of what you say in these forums isn't much welcomed by me either Britney, but I read it and give it it's due consideration.  I do that because EVERYONE here has a right to be heard.  Take what you want and leave the rest.

#26    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:29 AM

Prisons have to attempt to feed them. It shouldn't even be a question. We don't have prisons just because we can't kill all of our undesirables. Prison is meant for punishment and rehabilitation. They can hunger strike all they want, the prison has a duty to attempt to feed them, and if they still manage to die, at least the prison tried to save them.

I don't find the responses in this thread that surprising. The Jews and the Muslims get to partake in violent and idiotic conflict, so naturally the Christians feel left out. Lets not forget that Christianity began as a Doomsday Cult which believed the end was nigh back in the first century AD. Why are you necessarily right this time, and then?

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

#27    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

View Postand then, on 13 July 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

Most of what you say in these forums isn't much welcomed by me either Britney, but I read it and give it it's due consideration.  I do that because EVERYONE here has a right to be heard.  Take what you want and leave the rest.

The difference here is one view claims that all the rest of us will die or suffer horribly because we disagree.

No one else is claiming those who disagree with them will suffer. The fundamentalist view is sick.

Edited by The world needs you, 13 July 2013 - 03:49 AM.

#28    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 12 July 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

Your pro Israel and your personal faith somehow make it justified doesn`t it.  I would not one drop of blood spilled in my non belief.  Jesus told you to preach in your own home did he not.

What the heck does Israel have to do with any of this? And to pretend that religion has nothing to do with islamic jihadism is pathetic.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#29    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:15 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 13 July 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

What the heck does Israel have to do with any of this? And to pretend that religion has nothing to do with islamic jihadism is pathetic.

Someone did not read the OP. Did you think this thread was about Guantanamo?

#30    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,176 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

"here's your food, eat it, or don't"
If you want a "Christian" view, then it's up to you to respect their choice, that's what Christ would do. he'd weep, he'd try and help them butif they  don't want your help or salvation, then that's their choice.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users