Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Teen mauled after trying to kiss captive lion

duma lauren fagen lions kiss

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,298 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

The lions might have to be put down now ... or at the very least moved and isolated ... once they knows the scent of human blood ... they will forever be curious

~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#32    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,028 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

View PostHilander, on 11 July 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

One rule to always follow, never trust an animal that can eat you.

I wouldn't go that far. I've had many dogs in my life that were larger than me and it's never been a problem.

#33    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,298 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

I wonder if she was near her time of the month ... call it what you will but we never allow the women near us if we are planning a trip out hunting ...
never a bad thing to be overly careful ... the active predators can catch a scent from miles away

~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
~

#34    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

View PostMichelle, on 12 July 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

I wouldn't go that far. I've had many dogs in my life that were larger than me and it's never been a problem.

a dog compared to a lion is to much of a measure, not the same ball park let alone league, these are very wild and instinctive animals, dogs have been bread for human companionship for centuries yes the odd dog attack but thats because the owners are evil or the dog has an illness, ill kiss a dog any day a lion? ha bro thats not happening

#35    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 12 July 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

The lions might have to be put down now ... or at the very least moved and isolated ... once they knows the scent of human blood ... they will forever be curious

~

that I dont agree with, who are we to put an animal down because of our own selfishness and stupidy the animal did nothing wrong in my opinion, I did what it was geneticly programmed to do, thats what I hate about the human race we are so obsesed with proving god wrong that our race thinks them selves gods so we deem it rational to decide what creature live or die, disgusting

#36    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,028 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

View Postkannin, on 12 July 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

a dog compared to a lion is to much of a measure, not the same ball park let alone league, these are very wild and instinctive animals, dogs have been bread for human companionship for centuries yes the odd dog attack but thats because the owners are evil or the dog has an illness, ill kiss a dog any day a lion? ha bro thats not happening

I have made it a priority to adopt large, full grown dogs, that have been severely abused. I'm well aware of the damage they can do.

#37    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,298 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

View Postkannin, on 12 July 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

that I dont agree with, who are we to put an animal down because of our own selfishness and stupidy the animal did nothing wrong in my opinion, I did what it was geneticly programmed to do, thats what I hate about the human race we are so obsesed with proving god wrong that our race thinks them selves gods so we deem it rational to decide what creature live or die, disgusting

not that I agree with it but it is standard procedure ... even with dogs that are house pets ...

~

~edit : double post

`

Edited by third_eye, 12 July 2013 - 07:36 AM.

~

#38    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostHilander, on 11 July 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

One rule to always follow, never trust an animal that can eat you.

Those cats, and other big cats, tongues are so rough they can literally lick you skin off.
Totally disagree; during three years at a wolf sanctuary as part of packs there was never any problem of trust, that said the individual was responsible for applying common sense alongside the mutual love and respect that existed between the captive-but-wild wolves and humans.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#39    msmike1

msmike1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Common sense, stupidity, whatever. This is called natural selection and has been going on for a long time. Do I feel sorry for her? Nope, not in the least. Survival of the fittest at its finest.

Mike

#40    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostMichelle, on 12 July 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

I have made it a priority to adopt large, full grown dogs, that have been severely abused. I'm well aware of the damage they can do.

im aware abused dogs can be dangerous just saying its nothing close to a lion, its just not comparable

#41    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Fast powerful tag team lions against risky human judgement has to be a foreseeable recipe for disaster.

I completely understand this young lady's desire to snuggle a lion. I want to myself. I would just be pretty darn selective in my choice of lion.

The problem with my and others' selfishness is when we allow any type of irresponsible interaction or humans just take advantage like the young lady did, it is the animals who get punished or put down. Even from tragic but sometimes avoidable encounters in the wild.

I want to rub Brutus the grizzly bear's tummy so badly!!! And would if ever given approval to do so. He physically interacts with and hangs around more people than just his best friend Casey Anderson. I would take that (approved!) selfish risk, any day, sorry to say. But he's not a wild lion.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 12 July 2013 - 08:50 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#42    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 12 July 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

Fast powerful tag team lions against risky human judgement has to be a foreseeable recipe for disaster.

I completely understand this young lady's desire to snuggle a lion. I want to myself. I would just be pretty darn selective in my choice of lion.

The problem with my and others' selfishness is when we allow any type of irresponsible interaction or humans just take advantage like the young lady did, it is the animals who get punished or put down. Even from tragic but sometimes avoidable encounters in the wild.

I want to rub Brutus the grizzly bear's tummy so badly!!! And would if ever given approval to do so. He physically interacts with and hangs around more people than just his best friend Casey Anderson. I would take that (approved!) selfish risk, any day, sorry to say. But he's not a wild lion.
BAM OCTOPUS IN THE FACE

#43    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

Reminds  me of that old poem about a boy being eaten by a lion. From my childhood and goes something like......

"Just imagine how it feels, first your toes then your heels, shins and ankles calves and knees, slowly eaten bit by bit... No wonder she detested it!"

#44    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,361 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:45 AM

She said she felt a “deep connection” to wild animals, especially big cats, and wanted to explore her “passion”.

Pretty sure I have heard this, or quite similar from many animal lovers here, particularly Dolphin Lovers.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#45    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

I just have to wonder if she said "Hold my beer", just before she tried this incredibly stupid act.

Reminds me of the old fable where a man finds a snake, almost frozen to death & decides to bring it home to help it.  He lays it down near the fire, and is pleased to see it reviving.  He falls asleep, the snake bites him & the man dies.

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users