Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Teen mauled after trying to kiss captive lion

duma lauren fagen lions kiss

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

I think she will jump for now on when ever she here's the wild calls of here kitty kitty kitty.   :innocent:

#47    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

*Note to self* Don't kiss the Lions...

And damn it, that was on my bucket list...

Can always move it to last ig guess!

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#48    kitty81

kitty81

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• you never know.. >'.'<

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 11 July 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Canadian volunteers in Africa, please take note: don’t try to kiss the lions.

A young Montreal woman is in a South African hospital after she was clawed and bitten by two lions on Monday at a wildlife rehabilitation centre.

Lauren Fagen, 18, says she was kissing the fur of a male lion named Duma when he reached through the bars and dragged her legs into his cage. The lion’s female mate also joined the attack, biting her feet.

http://www.theglobea...rticle12945014/

stoopid. stoopid. stoopid. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Kitty >'.'<

#49    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 12 July 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

Fast powerful tag team lions against risky human judgement has to be a foreseeable recipe for disaster.

I completely understand this young lady's desire to snuggle a lion. I want to myself. I would just be pretty darn selective in my choice of lion.

The problem with my and others' selfishness is when we allow any type of irresponsible interaction or humans just take advantage like the young lady did, it is the animals who get punished or put down. Even from tragic but sometimes avoidable encounters in the wild.

I want to rub Brutus the grizzly bear's tummy so badly!!! And would if ever given approval to do so. He physically interacts with and hangs around more people than just his best friend Casey Anderson. I would take that (approved!) selfish risk, any day, sorry to say. But he's not a wild lion.
Dunno why, but of all the big cats there's something cold/calculating about lions, possibly their pack hunt mentality; when Ive been on behind-the-scenes access at zoos and private collections I've been able to interact in some way with tigers, leopards, cheetahs, pumas - but lions just stare at you coldly.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users