Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are we close to curing everything ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,451 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Are we close to curing everything ?
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 43:02s

Dr. Douglas Melton looks at whether we are on the brink of a whole new era in medicine.

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 6,668 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Curing everything?... No.... Stupidity will continue on for as long as there are humans...  But diseases? Perhaps...  it does seem as though every time we get a viable cure or treatment for a disease, either the disease mutates - or another one crops up - worse than the first....

#3    Bildr

Bildr

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

• “Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.” -Carl Gustav Jung

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

And stopping "Big Pharma" from doing so much profits? I Think not! :whistle:

Posted Image

#4    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 6,612 posts

• I might have been born yesterday
    but, I stayed up all night.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

Sorry Saru. Download a 42 minute video? Can't.

But as for the question, 'are we close to curing everything'? I think not.

By our unnatural progression, in our 'blind' good will, we still create more harm than charm on this planet, and that will haunt us for generations.

It seems that everytime that we solve one problem we create 3 more. Every former human civilization, by example has failed. We stumble and fall, yet still, get up to try and stumble to the 'finish line'.

We're the only ones (species), that by our very design, seem built to bring ourselves to an end. We're so daft that while we concentrate on curing a few diseases (largely created by our lifestyle), we allow dozens of more diseases to be introduced, as the result of our 'lifestyle'. We should study prevention, more than the cure it seems.

I have faith however, that we can change. Edit: :)

Edited by Likely Guy, 14 July 2013 - 04:25 AM.

#5    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

Lots of money to be had in the medical field... why cure anything when prescription drugs to cover up symptoms are so very profitable.  Example:  a certain brand of insulin (at the prescribed dosage) will cost $868.00 a month without medical insurance.  A MONTH.  We can safely assume that this person will be on the fast track to being homeless with good blood sugar (for A MONTH) or more likely on an even faster track to going into a coma from diabetic complications.  Nice.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users