Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Ghosts in my room....

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,166 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

And because of the artificial nature of what "3am" means, it can be 3am in one house and 4am or 2am in a house a hundred yard away in the next time zone.  Do the the ghosts and demons pay attention to the artificial demarcation lines of time zones and only haunt locations that are in the right time zone and correcting for daylight savings time?  What about some communities and localities that don't observe daylight savings time, do they get their ghost and demon visitations an hour earlier or later?  Why should demons or ghosts or whoever be dependent on obeying such an arbitrary local time schedule anyway, what's stopping them from turning up at 2 in the afternoon or 8 in the evening?  What is the basis for the claim that 3am has some sort of factual ghostly or demonic significance?

Anyway, I'm one of those people who is regularly up and active at 3am at night.  I've no experiences to lead me to believe anything is significant about that time that would indicate it is consistent with a heightened amount of supernatural ghostly experiences.  It seems to me that 3-4am is for most people the most ungodly forsaken hour of the night, a time when no right minded person should be awake.  A time when people wake up and experience sleep paralysis, hallucinations, odd dreams, etc.  A time that has entered the popular psyche as some sort of weird unnatural hour as a result even though as noted it's arbitrarily depending on time zones, daylight savings time, etc.

Edited by JesseCuster, 14 July 2013 - 12:18 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#17    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

I'm a bit of an insomniac at times and I'm often wide-awake and doing stuff at 3:00am (BST, btw). With all the lights off, on the computer or summat, trying to be quiet so I don't wake the missus up.

It's not even remotely spooky at that time, unless you count the supernaturally crap telly that gets scheduled at that hour. It's certainly no different from 2:00am or 4:00am, both of which I am equally well acquainted with.

I would suggest that your unsettling night-time experiences are a product of some kind of sleeping disorder. I have friends have who experienced night terrors in the past. For some of them it went away as they got older without intervention. My Bass player went to his doctor and got some type of sleeping pill prescribed which helped him sleep without interruption.

I very much doubt ghosts or demons are involved, as it's not really likely that they even exist. I'd try not to worry about it too much if I were you and concentrate on non-spooky matters, you might get a better nights sleep.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users