Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Teachers 'denied schoolboy, 10, water

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

• Kora Blagden claims her son was told he could not drink water
  • She says teacher told him it could be unfair to fasting classmates
  • Said teacher made decision on Thursday when temperatures hit 28 degrees
View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Very silly.

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#3    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Not the Muslim fasting childrens fault or the the boys or his parent.  

Obviously a poorly educated teacher who has no idea how to deal with multiple faiths.  

I spent a good many years teaching Government officials from Africa and Asia, often many faiths in the same class.  I had very little knowledge of faiths but managed to accommodate them all using my common sense and never offended anyone.

I had far less training than a teacher, I learnt my trade outside of the institution of School, college the university.

Posted Image

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,857 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Dopey Pollock of a teacher.
Kids are excused from a strict fast, as areregnant women, and water isn't forbidden except amongst he most insanely devout.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#5    Shayde

Shayde

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Two drawbacks with this story.

1. It does show that somebody that's allegedly trained to educate children quite possibly isn't. (Though from distant memory of my time in primary it shows that things never change)
2. This is from the Daily mail. And this is a paper that just loves to show how bad things are in the UK.

#6    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,510 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Cant actually find this report in any of the local Portsmouth Newspapers, so I am wondering how the Daily Mail got it? Was it just manufactured... I dont know but if the woman went direct to the Daily Mail then possibly money was exchanged.. :unsure2:

#7    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostShayde, on 13 July 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

1. It does show that somebody that's allegedly trained to educate children quite possibly isn't. (Though from distant memory of my time in primary it shows that things never change)

That's the one big problem with teacher training. We are taught how to educate children. But the one year course covers nothing of actual subject matter, just how to teach it. We're expected to learn the material for ourselves.

For some of us, that's no problem but there are others who go into teaching because they think it's an easy life and they can get a PGCE from wherever with a degree in shelf-stacking or whatever it is now. So we get teachers like this who know next to nothing and whose knowledge base consists purely of wikipedia.

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#8    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,842 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 13 July 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Cant actually find this report in any of the local Portsmouth Newspapers, so I am wondering how the Daily Mail got it? Was it just manufactured... I dont know but if the woman went direct to the Daily Mail then possibly money was exchanged.. :unsure2:
It would be all over my facebook, i have friends and family who live in Portsmouth and I live a few miles away, if it was true it would be on the feeds. It was not in the local newspaper either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users