Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Amazing Crop Circle: Hackpen Hill

ufo crop circle

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#31    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,666 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

Its that warm beer that Keeps these comming out ~

This is a Work in Progress!

#32    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Njuggle

• 9,445 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostSakari, on 13 July 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

I don't think they said how long it took them, did they? It's relatively small as crop circles go and the three of them did it pretty roughly ....... I don't know, I find it hard to believe that much larger, more complicated patterns can be made(neatly!), in the dark. I know there's a video here of one being made at night, but they do seem to have some sort of light source off to the left, plus, we don't get to see the circle in daylight.

Regarding farmers themselves making circles, I'm not saying it's never been done but I don't think it would happen very often. Crop that is flattened is wasted crop so that has to be paid for somehow. Charging people to 'walk' the circle wouldn't raise much ...... not that many people would want to do that, plus, farmers do not like the public on their property if it can be avoided! They wouldn't want people climbing over fences and hedges to avoid paying(and trampling on even more of the crop in the process) and someone would have to be hanging around all day keeping an eye on all this and collecting money(he/she would want paying presumably) But the main thing is: there's quite a small window when crops can be harvested ...... a farmer is not going to give up harvesting his entire crop because of a crop circle. Financial margins are not that good.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

#33    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 13 July 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

I don't think they said how long it took them, did they? It's relatively small as crop circles go and the three of them did it pretty roughly ....... I don't know, I find it hard to believe that much larger, more complicated patterns can be made(neatly!), in the dark. I know there's a video here of one being made at night, but they do seem to have some sort of light source off to the left, plus, we don't get to see the circle in daylight.

I posted one being done in the dark.

I posted the link to the circlemakers, and they explain everything on their site.....

But hey, if fantasy, and thinking it is Aliens is more fun for you then the truth ( with more then enough supporting facts ) then have fun with it.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#34    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Njuggle

• 9,445 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

@Sakiri: I know you posted a video made in the dark; I commented on it in my previous post!

I haven't said what I think makes the circles because I haven't studied them ...... I'm not that interested! What I have commented on is the practicalities of humans making them in the dark.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

#35    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,657 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

and...how do we know it was done in the dark? Just because someone said so?

eta: Besides - dark nights can have bright moonlight too  :tu:

Edited by seeder, 13 July 2013 - 08:00 PM.

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#36    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 13 July 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

@Sakiri: I know you posted a video made in the dark; I commented on it in my previous post!

I haven't said what I think makes the circles because I haven't studied them ...... I'm not that interested! What I have commented on is the practicalities of humans making them in the dark.

I missed the reply, and I did not mean that last reply in a bad way.....I should have put a smiley face at the end.   :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#37    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Njuggle

• 9,445 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostSakari, on 13 July 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

I missed the reply, and I did not mean that last reply in a bad way.....I should have put a smiley face at the end.   :)
Difficult to see how your last comment in your previous post could be read in a good way!

Regarding your sig: I'm not disagreeing with it in connection with some people, but I think it is also true to say that some 'sceptics'(using the term loosely), react to 'buzz' words and give automatic/stock answers without reading what a particular individual's take on things is. *smiley face*

#38    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 13 July 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

Difficult to see how your last comment in your previous post could be read in a good way!

Regarding your sig: I'm not disagreeing with it in connection with some people, but I think it is also true to say that some 'sceptics'(using the term loosely), react to 'buzz' words and give automatic/stock answers without reading what a particular individual's take on things is. *smiley face*

I agree on both....No one is perfect....

But hey, if fantasy, and thinking it is Aliens is more fun for you then the truth ( with more then enough supporting facts ) then have fun with it.

I should have for sure, at the least, said this instead.....

" But hey, if fantasy, and thinking it is aliens is more fun for some people then the truth, then let them enjoy it. "

I really did not mean anything bad by it, sorry about that.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#39    sam_comm

sam_comm

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:19 AM

I found an interesting article about Greg Jefferys an archeologist who thinks there is evidences that the crop circle phenomenon can't be all made-man. According to him, ionized plasma or ball lightnings could be the source of these strange designs.

After spending more than 300 hours examining aerial photographs from Google Earth’s new 1945 overlay, Jefferys concludes that a number of crop circles has been appearing consistently each summer for at least 33 years before Chorley and Bower began their work.

The new findings, together with reports of crop circles in English countryside dating back as far back as 300 years, mean that the phenomenon is still unexplained and may represent a new field of science, Jefferys argued to the Huffington Post.

Source: http://newsfeed.time...-modern-pranks/

View Postseeder, on 13 July 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

and...how do we know it was done in the dark? Just because someone said so?

It only makes sens. If it is Human made, it must involved at least a small group of people and acting in broad daylight would be very risky. If an helicopter, a plane or the farmers themselves happen to pass by, chances they'll report it and you're done. The cover of night is the only protection you can have.

Edited by sam_comm, 14 July 2013 - 03:23 AM.

#40    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 13 July 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

The thing about this particular circle is that it's made up of ............ circles(!) only. I think they are the easiest and quickest shape to make, so perhaps not so many people and less than a day. Also, if you look closely at the positioning of the smaller circles, the measuring isn't all that accurate.

Ah really? I have been bamboozled.

Thanks to you and Sakari for clearing things up for me.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#41    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

I honestly have trouble believing that people actually BELIEVE that crop circles are made by aliens.

Why would they do it? What reason? makes zero sense.

A friend showed me this youtube vid.. and it makes sense is a better way then i could ever say it:

there is some swearing in it, so if you are extra sensitive to a few swear words, do not listen.

Posted Image

#42    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 12 July 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

3 threads are a threat?

Not trolling.  Now is not the time for fear.

SP is just another skeptic who wants to see all mysteries quashed.  Just ignore them is my advice.

Posted Image

#43    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,648 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 12 July 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

The ETs made it in less than 30 minutes just before sunrise.  Could you?
And you know this for fact because only 30 minutes before they were probing you.

#44    keithisco

keithisco

Alien Abducter

• 5,475 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

View Postsam_comm, on 13 July 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

That depend what you mean by ''real''. We know that crop circles in the fields are real we can all see them. But are they real extraterrestrial signs, that is not a certainty.

Nonetheless, it looks to me like a stamp, as if someone stamped it from above the field. That's what is mind-boggling. I have difficulties figuring out how would someone make such a perfect and symetrical design at large distance, in the pitch dark in one night. That doesn't make any sens. Still can't figure out what this means for us.

Who says it took just 1 night. or even 30 minutes?

Edited by keithisco, 14 July 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#45    Blacksabbath

Blacksabbath

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

View Postzoser, on 14 July 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

SP is just another skeptic who wants to see all mysteries quashed.  Just ignore them is my advice.

In other words, he does not blindly believe that every mystery is caused by aliens?

Also tagged with ufo, crop circle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users