Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Everybody fears Hillary

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#1    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,636 posts
  • Location:This new war has taken a toll on families, my part is coming to a close on this front, leaving soon on a mayday.

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

—snip

But it is the 2016 national scene on which Brown is most forthright, declaring that Hillary's a shoo-in to win if she runs, and "I can assure you [Hillary] will be a candidate in 2016."

Getting the nomination should be a much different game than her unsuccessful 2008 bid, when the aura of inevitability her campaign sought to use to scare off competitors failed to scare off Senator Barack Obama.

For 2016, "everybody fears Hillary Clinton," says Brown. "They believe that all she has to do is continue to breath and in 2016 she'll be elected to the presidency of the United States."

He is unimpressed with the chances of any Republican to defeat her, and he expects the Democrats to focus on snagging Clinton's vice presidential spot rather than challenge her for the presidential nomination.

View: Read more

Edited by The world needs you, 12 July 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#2    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

A bit dull

• 27,117 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Well, she certainly scares me. At least Sarah Palin was amusing.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,577 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

I'll admit that she used to concern me.  But at THIS point all she can do is finish beating the corpse into something unrecognizable.  If America votes for a continuation of the policies of Obama then my last worries over the judgement against my nation will be at an end.  In a way it might actually be comforting to watch as justice gets delivered.  I never thought I'd live to see my country as it is today.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,748 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

View Postand then, on 12 July 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

I'll admit that she used to concern me.  But at THIS point all she can do is finish beating the corpse into something unrecognizable.  If America votes for a continuation of the policies of Obama then my last worries over the judgement against my nation will be at an end.  In a way it might actually be comforting to watch as justice gets delivered.  I never thought I'd live to see my country as it is today.

Face it, whoever will be voted in will be either Republican or Democrat... and I fail to see many competent in either camp.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Yes....she is pretty scary....but then looks aren't everything...

Posted Image

Edited by Jeremiah65, 12 July 2013 - 08:13 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#6    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,370 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

View Postand then, on 12 July 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Hey it's funny to me you should say that, my great grandfather use to say the very same thing up until the early 50's, before he passed away. At least that was what I was told by my late grandfather, though I never heard my grandfather say anything like that. But now that my father is in his 70's, he damn near says the same thing. His words:  "Thought I'd never see the day when this country would go to crap!"

Aaaah older generations...everything is going down the crapper when they reach their senior years, including their health. God bless 'em!

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#7    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 12 July 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

LOL! :w00t:

Hillary will most likely, not be running for President in 2016....
After all, she is pushing 70.

Good article here about it: http://www.nationalj...n-2016-20130128

The most obvious factor militating against runs by these Democratic power players is their age. Biden would turn 74 right after Election Day 2016, and Clinton would turn 69 just before it. Both of them may have other things they want to do with their lives before it’s too late. Clinton, for instance, has made no secret of her yen for a grandchild. And she and her husband are reportedly hunting for a vacation home in the Hamptons, suggesting she has a slower pace in mind.

Clinton also has many long-standing interests that have had to compete for her time during her stints as first lady of Arkansas and the nation, as a senator from New York, and as secretary of State. They include children, the foster-care system and, perhaps most important, the economic and political plight of women around the world. Her most famous speech as first lady catalogued abuses against women and hammered home the message: "Human rights are women’s rights, and women’s rights are human rights.” As notable as what she said was where she said it -- a United Nations women’s conference in Beijing. It is easy to imagine her setting up her own organization, or a branch of her husband’s Clinton Global Initiative, to focus full-time on issues affecting women.

Edited by Kowalski, 12 July 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#8    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

I hope she doesn't run.  My mom is pushing 100 years and she loves Hillary for some reason.

#9    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 12 July 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

I hope she doesn't run.  My mom is pushing 100 years and she loves Hillary for some reason.

I would like to see a woman Libertarian as President in 2016...But that will probably never happen....

#10    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

I pity Hillary, but don't fear her.

And I have absolutely no fear that she will become the next president of this country.

#11    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,038 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

This **** is no good.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#12    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,180 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:42 AM

Cankles had one of the worst runs as SecState ever (soon to be surpassed by John Kerry) and has failed at everything she has done (remember the baking cookies episode after Hillarycare cost the dems the house and senate). Her one accomplishment was staying married to misogynist Bill Clinton and sucking up the embarrassment and abuse to keep the woman beater in office.  Corrupt, dishonest and lacking any morals makes her a great democrat candidate.  The idiocracy reelected Obama, however, so anything is possible.

Edited by Merc14, 13 July 2013 - 02:48 AM.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#13    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

The thing I've never understood about the women that support her is how they can just overlook how she was treated by the Democrat Party in 2008.  

I mean she was the suposidly the shoe in for 2008 until Obama came along.

So basically you have an older woman who was kicked to the curb for the younger, good-looking, less qualified male.

Isn't that the same **** that the women of her generation have been fighting against their entire life?  And the party that they have put so much faith in for being so progressive in how it treats women just spit on all of them.

Edited by Rafterman, 13 July 2013 - 02:48 AM.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#14    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,106 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

View PostKowalski, on 12 July 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

Hillary will most likely, not be running for President in 2016....
After all, she is pushing 70.

LOL indeed. Your hero Ronnie, was elected for his FIRST term at 69.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#15    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,180 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostRafterman, on 13 July 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

The thing I've never understood about the women that support her is how they can just overlook how she was treated by the Democrat Party in 2008.  

I mean she was the suposidly the shoe in for 2008 until Obama came along.

So basically you have an older woman who was kicked to the curb for the younger, good-looking, less qualified male.

Isn't that the same **** that the women of her generation have been fighting against their entire life?  And the party that they have put so much faith in for being so progressive in how it treats women just spit on all of them.

Honestly, no one treats women with more disdain than the democrats.  Hilliary's claim to the throne is that she supported the violent misogynist Bill.  That is it. Her term as secstate was an abysmal failure but the democrats don't care.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users