Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Study: "Conspiracy Theorists" Sane,

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostPhaeton80, on 12 July 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

What a wondrously simplistic and inaccurate statement.

You should have stopped at 'group'.

Have you read any of their articles before?  Presstv is hosted off an Iranian web domain.  In 2009 they had a news article about holocaust denialism.  

The writer of the article in the OP is a known 9/11 truth activist with a misleading article title.  

Where are the links to the studies the writer used to determine the conclusion?  Or are we supposed to take his word for it?

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

#17    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Psychic Spy

• 1,965 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 12 July 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Kind of funny that the CT crowd needs a study to tell themselves they are sane...just saying lol

I scoffed at the title, especially considering some of the insane theories the CT crowd has come up with the past 12 years.

Ie....reptilian NWO, numerology significance, evidence of foreknowledge in movies...etc.

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

#18    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,290 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

@Professor Buzzkill you have no idea what would upset my world view as I have not shared  it with you.

iheartsugarbear

#19    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Psychic Spy

• 1,965 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 12 July 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

I don't really know what "Press TV" is, whether it's one of those "alternative" sites that use phrases like "MSM", but even if it wasn't, from the tone of that headline I would imagine it was. It really doesn't do their credibility, assuming they do want credibility, much good to use phrases like "Government dupes", it really doesn't, it makes them sound like Alex Jones. As a consequence therefore, one would have to question the objectivity of that story.

Have you read other articles written by Kevin Barrett?

If not here is one for you to analyze:

http://www.darkmoon....-kevin-barrett/

#20    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostRaptorBites, on 12 July 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

I scoffed at the title, especially considering some of the insane theories the CT crowd has come up with the past 12 years.

I agree! :tu:

How sane is it to claim that a cruise missile took out the Pentagon despite the fact that scattered wreckage within and outside the Pentagon are clearly from an airliner? How sane is it to claim that nukes  were used at ground zero  despite the fact that surrounding buildings remained standing and lack of high levels of radioactive residue? Nukes produce temperatures in the millions of degrees and yet, people were standing within close proximity of the WTC buildings as they collapse, and never mind that no one heard real bomb explosions as the WTC buildings collapsed.

How sane is it to claim that the moon landings were hoaxed when overwhelming evidence, such as satellite photos of the moon's surface and moon rocks have shown that men did in fact, walk and drove on the moon?

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#21    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 12 July 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

The same study states that believers of the official conspiracy are not sane.

Care to find a study that agrees with your confirmation bias and doesn't upset your world view?

It seems whomever does the study ,calls the other side nutters.
There's a few threads of studies claiming CTs are all mentally incompetent ,but they have to say that .
For CTs to do the study ,they should not name call,and just stick to the facts . That makes it more credible .

Miss me?

#22    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

View Postskyeagle409, on 12 July 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

I agree! :tu:

How sane is it to claim that a cruise missile took out the Pentagon despite the fact that scattered wreckage within and outside the Pentagon are clearly from an airliner? How sane is it to claim that nukes  were used at ground zero  despite the fact that surrounding buildings remained standing and lack of high levels of radioactive residue? Nukes produce temperatures in the millions of degrees and yet, people were standing within close proximity of the WTC buildings as they collapse, and never mind that no one heard real bomb explosions as the WTC buildings collapsed.

How sane is it to claim that the moon landings were hoaxed when overwhelming evidence, such as satellite photos of the moon's surface and moon rocks have shown that men did in fact, walk and drove on the moon?

How can you know if the moon landing is not a huge hoax ?
Who knows. Claiming conspiracy theorists are not sane because they think outside the box,is as good as saying all sheeple who swallow everything the govt spoon feeds the public to keep them in line ,are just idiots for being so gullible .
*shrugs*
What's good for the goose ...... .

Miss me?

#23    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 12 July 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

Overwhelming evidence from around the world. Countries, such as India, Russia, Japan and China, have provided photo and other evidence that the United States did in fact, sent men to the moon.

Posted Image

In addition, the Surveyor 3 camera was returned to earth.

Posted Image

Surveyor 3 camera brought back from the Moon by Apollo 12

In addition, my flying buddy and close friend, a retired Air Force colonel, was on the flight crew that flew the Apollo 14 astronauts from Pago Pago to Texas upon completion of their moon mission and his flight originated from my base in California.

Furthermore, the former Soviet Union during the Cold War confirmed the United States sent astronauts to the moon and that is very significant in itself.

Who knows. Claiming conspiracy theorists are not sane because they think outside the box,is as good as saying all sheeple who swallow everything the govt spoon feeds the public to keep them in line ,are just idiots for being so gullible .
*shrugs*

I am not implying saying that all conspiracy theorist are insane by any means, but there are those who are honestly asking the right questions, however, there are others who have simply disregarded undeniable evidence and substituted false and misleading information that didn't fit the real evidence.

Edited by skyeagle409, 13 July 2013 - 12:10 AM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#24    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Psychic Spy

• 1,965 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 12 July 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

*shrugs*

The moon landings are a well documented and confirmed historical fact.

There is a difference between thinking outside the box and blindly throwing opinions without providing evidence.

#25    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostRaptorBites, on 13 July 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

The moon landings are a well documented and confirmed historical fact.

There is a difference between thinking outside the box and blindly throwing opinions without providing evidence.

Lots of stuff is faked for the sake of the public . At the time of the first moon landing ,anyone on that vehicle would have been exposed to rays that would have greatly reduced their life spans,by decades  ,but that was not the case.

The possibility the moon landing was filmed in a desert somewhere is not out of the realm of possibility .
Maybe the Titanic didn't even sink .

We are never told the whole truth is the point . To believe that we are,is foolhardy .
But hey,whatever works for ya .
I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn too .cheap ...interested ?
:lol:

Miss me?

#26    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,858 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 12 July 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

The same study states that believers of the official conspiracy are not sane.
QUOTE please, or withdraw that claim.

Care to find a study that agrees with your confirmation bias and doesn't upset your world view?
Care to explain why this thread is titled with words NOT in the 'study'?
Care to show us a properly peer-reviewed study with full links and citations to the actual data and methodology?

Or would you rather simply believe everything you find on the Interweb as long as it pats you on the back?

(That last question is hypothetical.  The first two (and the quote request) require answers.)

Edited by Chrlzs, 13 July 2013 - 01:25 AM.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#27    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,858 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 13 July 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

Lots of stuff is faked for the sake of the public.
Good-oh.  Can you give another example as well documented as Apollo?  And if anything is faked, therefore everything is, right?  You seem to apply that logic endlessly..  I'm looking forward to David Copperfield's seven missions to the Moon..

At the time of the first moon landing ,anyone on that vehicle would have been exposed to rays that would have greatly reduced their life spans,by decades  ,but that was not the case.
That's because your claim about the dangers of radiation is uninformed drivel.  Using the same logic, anyone who has had an x-ray should be dead - and the people who operate the machines - toast..  Step into the sunshine? - dead.  Talk on phone? - dead.  Spend time in a metropolitan area where there are lots of broadcast signals? - dead.  Fly in an airplane above 20,000ft? - dead.  All by "Laveau logic".

Now, if you seriously want to argue that being in space for a few days will take decades off your life, let's debate that in detail, shall we?

First up, what type/s of radiation are you referring to, specifically?  Then we will move onto amounts and how we know how much there is/was, how it affects the human physiology - should be right up your street, and yes, I am very familiar with the answers to those questions..  I look forward to seeing your level of knowledge and ability on this topic.  If you are game, I'll get the moderators to move this to a new thread.

The possibility the moon landing was filmed in a desert somewhere is not out of the realm of possibility.
Only if the 'research' you have done is at tinfoilhat sites.  It's possibly the stupidest CT there is, apart from being extremely insulting to those people who were involved in the massive effort to do it.  They were people with genuine skills and expertise (several of them are personal friends) - they are not wannabees and pretenders posting anonymously.

Maybe the Titanic didn't even sink .
Gee, those independent observers who helped in the effort to find it, and all those involved in the entire story, might be just a little surprised at that.  Perhaps you need smilies when you are being silly..?

I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn too .cheap ...interested ?
How ironic.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#28    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 12 July 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

It seems whomever does the study ,calls the other side nutters .

I agree. Didn't Aristotle say:

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

You can entertain such thoughts without fully accepting them. I'm on the fence about few theories, some I accept, and some I dismiss outright. You can't lump all "conspiracy theorists" in the same category.

#29    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,858 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostKowalski, on 13 July 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

You can entertain such thoughts without fully accepting them. I'm on the fence about few theories, some I accept, and some I dismiss outright. You can't lump all "conspiracy theorists" in the same category.
.. Nor all skeptics/debunkers (or 'realists', as I would call them..).

There are only two types of people in this world - those who categorise everything into two types, and those who..

oh, wait..

___

#30    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,001 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 12 July 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

Let me get this straight, the "government 'dupes' are the crazy hostile" ones, and you close this by saying, "Bring it on!"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users